Kodi Community Forum
Apple's official iPhone Remote App with XBMC? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Apple's official iPhone Remote App with XBMC? (/showthread.php?tid=35064)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

- Rand Al Thor - 2009-02-06

narcan Wrote:At least another week minimum now... Sad

Doh! That is the worst news I have heard all week. Silly Apple Wink Anyway, thanks for looking into those issues. I was fairly certain the up/down thing was an xbmc issue since it was happening with more than one web remote. I posted it on trac here. I am not too sure about the freezing whenever a context menu is open. There a few other issues that I have tracked down. I posted them on your website. Not sure if you still check it but the other bugs can be viewed here. Cheers and thanks again for all your hard work!

- Rand Al Thor - 2009-02-08

Did some more troubleshooting today. If you use the web interface from here up and down work properly on windows. However, in the iphone remote and the nokia 770 remote it still behaves as page up/down. I thought it might be easier for you to narrow down whether or not this is an xbmc thing or with the iphone remote or both. Cheers.

- msaspence - 2009-02-23

The thumbnail caching is a brilliant feature but is the any way (other than unistalling an reinstalling) to update them?

- Waffa - 2009-02-23

Narcan like your application, kid brother has an Iphone.
I've got the G1 with Android, like it a lot and there are already simple remote apps for xbmc and Boxee available.
Is there a possibility that your apllication will be available for android ?

- deepblue - 2009-03-01

Jkinney Wrote:one problem im having is, whenever i chose an artist/ album from the XBMC app.

it goofs up and plays the whole album randomly, even when i don't have shuffle turned on in the xbmc interface. Its seems to only happen when the XBMC app is on, if i chose anything from the xbmc it self its fine

Hey Narcan - I love this app...I'm using it to control my xbmc upstairs and down, works amazing!

I'm having the same issue as the previous poster - I use the music library, and when I browse by artist, select an album and play a song...instead of playing the remaining songs in the album in track sequence, XBMC creates a very random playlist of the album's tracks with no discernable logic and plays through them. I've triple checked that I don't have shuffle enabled, and using the XBMC interface to play songs has them play in correct sequence, as expected.

Any suggestions - is this a known issue?

I'm unsure if others here are using the Music Library (perhaps they are using File view), but in addition to this, it would be great if you could have the XBMC remote "ignore" the "Various Artists" artist (i.e. compilations) when using Library mode - as presently I've got hundreds of random artists from my compilations in the artist view on the XBMC remote, while not on XBMC.

Thanks.

- Rand Al Thor - 2009-03-01

@deepblue

Yeah, narcan is aware of this bug. There is a new version of the app awaiting approval that will have a lot of changes and bug fixes. I am not sure if this one will be addressed in the update or not as it is not a "major" bug. I wouldn't worry though. The developer is really working hard to keep this up to date and ironing out all the bugs.

You might want to post on the new forums so that the bug doesn't get "lost" in the mix.

The ability to "thin out" the artist view is being addressed as well, just so you know.

Cheers.

- deepblue - 2009-03-01

Rand - Thanks...this app is probably the best thing I've installed on my ipod touch since I bought it. I look forward to the new release, and will post this bug in the forums.

Cheers.

- jmadonald - 2009-03-06

Should the movie posters show on the remote? I have this with xbox

My album covers show just not movies

- Rand Al Thor - 2009-03-07

What revision number is your version of xbmc? There were some recent changes in svn regarding the userdata path. I believe the version of the remote that addresses this change is still awaiting approval. Cheers.

- jmadonald - 2009-03-09

I have 9.04svn (dec7)

- daje - 2009-03-21

While I've known about this app for a long time I didn't get to try it until today cause I needed an Ipod.

Been playing around a couple of hours now, and really enjoying it! This app is worth buying the Ipod touch for alone Smile

Had a couple of guests at my place tonight, we were at my balcony having a glass of wine while the music was playing from the living room at the other side of the house. At a time one of my friends asked if I could change the music. Sure, I said, reached in my pocket for the Ipod, and asked what do you want? The look on his face when I fulfilled his wishes (musicwise!) with the living room two rooms away from the balcony was priceless Smile

I think he's gonna buy an Ipod and install XBMC on his home computer tomorrow Smile

- deepblue - 2009-03-21

daje Wrote:At a time one of my friends asked if I could change the music. Sure, I said, reached in my pocket for the Ipod, and asked what do you want? The look on his face when I fulfilled his wishes (musicwise!) with the living room two rooms away from the balcony was priceless Smile

I agree - this app in the best thing I've found in the Appstore yet. Unfortunately the above only works when you handpick each song - per my previous post, albums don't play in the correct order due to an existing bug.

Any word on when we'll see the next update (that will hopefully fix this)?

- Rand Al Thor - 2009-03-21

deepblue Wrote:I agree - this app in the best thing I've found in the Appstore yet. Unfortunately the above only works when you handpick each song - per my previous post, albums don't play in the correct order due to an existing bug.

Any word on when we'll see the next update (that will hopefully fix this)?

There were actually some recent additions to the webserver that should allow for more playlist control.

@daje

Glad you like the app.

- bluey - 2009-03-22

Thanks for the update but playing music is still randomly.

- Rand Al Thor - 2009-03-22

bluey Wrote:Thanks for the update but playing music is still randomly.

Yeah, the changes I was referring to were made after the latest version of the remote was submitted for approval. Cheers.