Kodi Community Forum
Apple's official iPhone Remote App with XBMC? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Apple's official iPhone Remote App with XBMC? (/showthread.php?tid=35064)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

- markiz - 2008-09-12

narcan Wrote:How did you come across it ?

http://feeds.feedburner.com/RecentlyAddedIphoneApplications-PinchMedia

- msaspence - 2008-09-12

although the link worked and i am syncing my iphone now it did not show up in search results for xbmc or remote or both in the uk store

- ewequeone - 2008-09-12

awesome app man .. just tried it out a bit, will post some thoughts a bit later Smile

- msaspence - 2008-09-12

first off this is awesome great work

secondly some constructive criticism

Bugs:
- crashes alot when trying to enter an ip (seems to do better when enter 3 numbers then done then 3 numbers then done etc etc)
- movie thumbnails seems to load default thumb rather than the one i have chosen in my library although does in now playing
- tv show thumbnails not loading in list but are in now playing)
- magnifying glass on path field in settings doesnt drag

Opinions
- track list flip should be disabled if there are no tracks ie a movie or tv show
- ild rather rotation was instant than having to wait for an animation (but great feature)
- ild like to see images in now playing maintain aspect ratio and have black space where necessary

- msaspence - 2008-09-12

more feature requests
- holding next key fastforwards
- when playing videos pressing next key jumps forward big and holding jumps forward little

- msaspence - 2008-09-12

and another bug
im not sure if it is crashing because the wifi was lost
or it is dropping the wifi because it crashed
but a couple of times its crashed and when ive got into setting the wifi has been dropped

- ultrabrutal - 2008-09-12

Hmmm It's not available in Denmark either. What to do?
Also I purchased the 2.1 update after I installed 1.1.5 but it doesn't download. Anyone had problems with this?

Got the 2.1 update going. Now I just need the application I bought this damn device for hehe

- matt_cyr - 2008-09-12

Currently, the apps url is
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=289316916&mt=8

Not sure why you can't find it in a search..says it was released sept. 9th..

- matt_cyr - 2008-09-12

Edit:
Actually, i just found it on page 3 of the Entertainment Category. I swear it wasn't there half an hour ago..weird

Top nice! Thanks. Hereby bought... Updating to 2.1 firmware now and then play time Wink

- pantherman007 - 2008-09-12

Got it, and it looks nice so far. I'm ready to start playing, but hurricane Ike is coming my direction and I may be w/o power soon (and for a while). Initial experimentation shows:

Issue #1 - TV show seasons don't display in chronological order if there are season numbers with two digits. When browsing South Park I see:

All Episodes
Season 1
Season 10
Season 2
Season 3

Browsing the same show using the build in XBMC web server shows Season 01, Season 02, etc. and as such they're in the right order.

Issue #2 - After changing the path to point to my userdata folder, I see thumbnails for music albums and TV shows, but not movies. The XBMC instance its pointing to does show movie thumbnails via PMIII. It does this when pointing to both a traditional Xbox install and a Windows XP Atlantis install.

And a question. The TV show wide icons look *great* in this remote. But I have things setup to use Poster icons for Aeon. Is there a way I can setup things so that the same TV show will push one image through the web server to the iPhone, but a use a different image for the local skin? I suspect this is a XBMC database and/or web server change and not something local to this app but want to be sure.

- narcan - 2008-09-12

msaspence Wrote:and another bug
im not sure if it is crashing because the wifi was lost
or it is dropping the wifi because it crashed
but a couple of times its crashed and when ive got into setting the wifi has been dropped

Hmm, concerned about the crashing.

Was there any particular screen that this was happening on ? (Now Playing, Listing, Remote View etc)

I had tested the WiFi being down but could not get it to crash.. Though I'm currently testing on 2.01. Need to upgrade to 2.1.

I'll retest this when I get back from holidays in a couple of days and try to replicate and hopefully sort out the issues.

Anyway, cheers for the initial feedback. Will be looking to do another release with a few new features / fixes late next week (though all depends on how long apple take to OK updates).

- ewequeone - 2008-09-13

couple of things:

1. can you add some sort of graphic so you know which tv shows / movies you have watched / not watched?
2. a function to resume a video from where you last stopped it
3. when my screensaver loads (I just use "black" and its set to 3 minutes) and I try to use the xbmc remote on the ipod touch, it doesn't turn the screensaver off, I still have to use my old xbox controller.

apart from that, as I said before, awesome app Smile

- emid - 2008-09-13

Can you give an example of how you would write the path, so that the cover art is shown?