Kodi Community Forum
Apple's official iPhone Remote App with XBMC? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Apple's official iPhone Remote App with XBMC? (/showthread.php?tid=35064)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

- fiscus - 2008-09-13

emid Wrote:Can you give an example of how you would write the path, so that the cover art is shown?

I'm also wondering this - I have no cover art but am unsure what format and info the path setting is requiring.

- ewequeone - 2008-09-13

I did E:\Apps\XBMC\UserData and it worked

- haken - 2008-09-13

There are problems with showing non-english characters. On the image you can see what happened to artist name: "Czesław śpiewa". I cannot open this folder either. It should be fixed - iphone OS (fonts etc.) supports Polish language officially. Anyway: It is much better than I thought it would be, it is still first released version... Narcan - good job, please go on and make it better. If you fix international characters problem I will buy you a barrel of beer when you come to PolandWink

- ultrabrutal - 2008-09-13

Wow the wifi on an iPod is really bad. About a third of the range of my notebook. Ofcourse it has a larger antenna inside but this really makes the iPod useless for me Sad
There is no coverage in my living room. I can only use it to control the Xbox in my bedroom

- msaspence - 2008-09-13

other bug:
- could we have season 0 say specials?

sorry for poking lots of holes, i dont want it to seem like im being massively critical this really is a great app esp. for a first release

- msaspence - 2008-09-13

- and the back button takes me back to the home menu rather that back

- ultrabrutal - 2008-09-13

Built my own parabolic antenna for my wifi, now I have better coverage it seems hehe

I have the font issue with Danish letters also.

- msaspence - 2008-09-13

re crashing

there was no in-particular screen that made it crash
was using an adhoc wireless network at work
havent been able to replicate on a normal wireless network

- thewlis - 2008-09-14

First post for me, hello all.

I'm having a much more fundamental problem with my copy of this app.

For some reason, 90% of the buttons/commands don't work at all. If I use either the 'music sources' or 'video sources' buttons, I can browse through and play my files (stored on a NAS attached to the network) as normal, and I can also play/pause and manipulate volume at the now playing screen.

None of the rest of the buttons work at all however, including any of the turn upside-down 'standard' remote commands except shutdown/restart machine.

I haven't done much investigation but have tested XBMCs response to HTTP requests through a web browser, and they seem to be working fine. For example, if I issue http://192.168.1.3:808/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=SendKey&parameter=270, the command for button UP and a button which doesn't work on the iPhone app, XBMC responds as expected.

Since no-one else is having this problem I'm confident it's a problem with my copy of XBMC, possibly a versioning issue. I have version 2.0.1 Nov 12 2006 installed on an xbox.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about what could be wrong here? I've tried all the usual suspects: restart everything, reinstall the app, different usernames/passwords/port numbers. Help greatly appreciated.

Oh, and good work on the app! Can't wait to get cracking with it.

- matt_cyr - 2008-09-14

Yeah, you're probably going to want to upgrade that thing...
google t3ch...

- narcan - 2008-09-15

msaspence Wrote:other bug:
- could we have season 0 say specials?

sorry for poking lots of holes, i dont want it to seem like im being massively critical this really is a great app esp. for a first release

Sounds reasonable , assuming that's the expected convention ? I've never had Season 0 pop up, which is why I over looked it.

Nah, go ahead and poke holes ! Smile Everything constructive is appreciated.

Quote:couple of things:

1. can you add some sort of graphic so you know which tv shows / movies you have watched / not watched?
2. a function to resume a video from where you last stopped it
3. when my screensaver loads (I just use "black" and its set to 3 minutes) and I try to use the xbmc remote on the ipod touch, it doesn't turn the screensaver off, I still have to use my old xbox control

1. Yep
2. Don't think I can currently do this just by making changes to the remote. Might have to get this feature added into the HTTP API on XBMC.
3. Hmm. Will disappear if you play some media, but yeah doesn't look like XBMC is responding to the key commands. There may be something I can do here I'll see what I can find.

Quote:There are problems with showing non-english characters.

I'll look into it, hadn't tested this for the V1.0 release but will make it a priority.

Quote:I'm having a much more fundamental problem with my copy of this app.

For some reason, 90% of the buttons/commands don't work at all. If I use either the 'music sources' or 'video sources' buttons, I can browse through and play my files (stored on a NAS attached to the network) as normal, and I can also play/pause and manipulate volume at the now playing screen.

As matt_cyr points out, please upgrade. I've tried to make sure the basics worked on older versions but it's hard to guarantee everything especially when there is so much development happening on XBMC, 2006 is pretty old !
Upgrading should sort your problem, plus it's always nice to upgrade to the latest and greatest XBMC Smile

- ewequeone - 2008-09-15

thanks for the response Smile loving the app more and more as I use it. keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to the updates Smile

cheers,

jason.

narcan Wrote:1. Yep
2. Don't think I can currently do this just by making changes to the remote. Might have to get this feature added into the HTTP API on XBMC.
3. Hmm. Will disappear if you play some media, but yeah doesn't look like XBMC is responding to the key commands. There may be something I can do here I'll see what I can find.

- Rand Al Thor - 2008-09-15

@narcan
you made gizmodo http://gizmodo.com/5049569/xbmc-remote-control-app-store-application-arrives-for-windows-mac-and-linux

Should get a lot of new people using your app and xbmc. Cheers.

- thewlis - 2008-09-15

narcan Wrote:Yeah, you're probably going to want to upgrade that thing...
google t3ch...

matt_cyr Wrote:As matt_cyr points out, please upgrade. I've tried to make sure the basics worked on older versions but it's hard to guarantee everything especially when there is so much development happening on XBMC, 2006 is pretty old !
Upgrading should sort your problem, plus it's always nice to upgrade to the latest and greatest XBMC

Thanks guys, I upgraded to brand-spanking new build last night and it's all working now.

- Gamester17 - 2008-09-15

http://digg.com/apple/XBMC_Remote_Control_iPhone_Application
http://arstechnica.com/journals/apple.ars/2007/07/30/iphone-an-XBMC-remote-that-makes-phone-calls-too

Does the price for the app include free upgrades to new version with bug-fixes, optimizations, etc.? Huh