Kodi Community Forum
[LINUX] XBMC for Linux port to ARM architecture CPU and SoC chips? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: [LINUX] XBMC for Linux port to ARM architecture CPU and SoC chips? (/showthread.php?tid=35139)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

- Perbugi - 2009-12-01

Hi

I get the following error during the './configure' step

[sbox-BeagleBoard: ~/xbmc_on_arm] > ./configure --enable-external-python --enable-gles
configure: Ensuring config.guess and config.sub exist and is executable
checking build system type... arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi
checking host system type... arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi
checking for ccache... /scratchbox/tools/bin/ccache
checking for g++... g++
checking for C++ compiler default output file name... a.out
checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
checking whether we are cross compiling... no
checking for suffix of executables...
checking for suffix of object files... o
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... yes
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /scratchbox/tools/bin/grep
checking for egrep... /scratchbox/tools/bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking boost/shared_ptr.hpp usability... yes
checking boost/shared_ptr.hpp presence... yes
checking for boost/shared_ptr.hpp... yes
checking for main in -lEGL... no
configure: error: Could not find a required library. Please see the README for your platform.

- spiff - 2009-12-01

problem should be rather obvious... you're missing the gles library/headers.

- Soju - 2009-12-01

indianolajohn Wrote:PMP ARCHOS | 605 WIFI 500948 R 1 129.99

now that the archos 605's are so cheap i'm going to give this a try

let me know if anyone else has got this working

Can any Arm based Linux boot on this? I thought that it's been pretty tough to get this sufficiently hacked to take any build on it? The Android guys are pretty pessimistic on it AFAIK.

- McGeagh - 2009-12-02

as spiff has mentioned, you will need the EGL as well as the GLESv2 files.
These are obtained from the SDK for the SGX(GPU).
a link to where this can be obtained from, is easily found through a bit of searching - try the beagleboard website.
Thanks.

- Perbugi - 2009-12-02

Hi

And I must paste these files in the /usr/include/GL folder of my target in the scratchbox target folder ?

Since Nov 27th its been opened up a bit - indianolajohn - 2009-12-03

Soju Wrote:Can any Arm based Linux boot on this? I thought that it's been pretty tough to get this sufficiently hacked to take any build on it? The Android guys are pretty pessimistic on it AFAIK.

Archos 5 and 7 IMT hacking (last year’s generation) now officially enabled

http://archosfans.com/2009/11/27/archos-5imt-hacking-last-years-generation-now-officially-enabled/

http://wiki.archosfans.com/index.php?title=Archos_605_WiFi

i just have the moldy cheese hack on mine right now since ive only had if dor 8 hours will try getting XBMC running today

p.s. im using the hacked FW atm rather than the developer based open source FW that was just released

- McGeagh - 2009-12-04

Perbugi Wrote:Hi

And I must paste these files in the /usr/include/GL folder of my target in the scratchbox target folder ?

why would you want to put them in a folder called GL? your not using GL.
you put the header files in /usr/include/EGL and /usr/include/GLES2, and the .so files in /usr/lib/
Note that if your using the 3.00.00.09 sdk, then it will have them in 2 separate places, ES2.0 and ES3.0.... best choosing the ES2.0 files (ive not tested ES3.0 ones)

and yes this is all within scratchbox.
you will obviously need to do something similar on the beagleboard filesystem itself, but its all documented in the many how-to's found on the beagleboard website.

- Jamsen - 2009-12-09

Hi,
Thanks for providing the development source, I'm very eager to try it out however I am having a few problems with the configure script. My problem seems very simplistic but I just cannot get past it. I have tried installing the missing packages but to no avail.

here is where I'm stuck:

checking for main in -lmysqlclient... yes
checking for main in -lasound... no
checking for clock_gettime in -lrt... no
checking for main in -lpng12... no

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get past this?

Thanks!

- McGeagh - 2009-12-09

did you run the install-pkgs.sh script in the arm-scripts folder?
this will install all necessary packages in scratchbox.
If you have run it, what was the output log in dpkg-output.txt? its possible that the link wget used is no longer correct (my script isn't exactly smart)

otherwise, go to packages.debian.org and do a search for the package(s) your missing, and download the armel version. then use dpkg-deb to extract the contents of that armel package, into the correct location (look at the install-pkgs.sh script to see how I do it)

let me know if this didn't help. thanks.

- Jamsen - 2009-12-09

Yes I ran the install-pkgs.sh script. I have just co a new copy of the svn and ran it again. I needed to change the libgnutls download location as it couldn't find the one specified. There is no errors logged in dpkg-output.txt and everything seems to have worked but I am still getting the same failure with the configuration script. Heres what I did:

checked out xbmc_on_arm
edited arm-scripts/pkg-paths.txt
ran arm-scripts/install-pkgs.sh
ran bootstrap
ran ./configure --enable-external-python --enable-gles
failed at same place.

- McGeagh - 2009-12-10

i will look into it as soon as i can.
what does config.log tell you, anything of interest that could help resolving this?

Apologies for how this isnt exactly working, but with it being december, im finding it hard to get the time to sort this all out. please be patient! thanks!

- Jamsen - 2009-12-10

I'll look at the config.log when I get back to my machine.

Thanks for your help, I know this time of year gets busy, no need to apologise!

- CrashX - 2009-12-10

Any more yutube videos showing progress ?

- McGeagh - 2009-12-11

CrashX Wrote:Any more yutube videos showing progress ?

No, simply because ive not had a lot of time to work on it as of recently. Been very busy at work, and it being xmas and all...Ill be picking it up again in the new year and hope to make a lot of optimisations and proper testing of it. Wont be looking into hardware acceleration just yet though. Remember, im just one man.
Thanks

- CrashX - 2009-12-12

McGeagh Wrote:No, simply because ive not had a lot of time to work on it as of recently. Been very busy at work, and it being xmas and all...Ill be picking it up again in the new year and hope to make a lot of optimisations and proper testing of it. Wont be looking into hardware acceleration just yet though. Remember, im just one man.
Thanks

Sorry wasn't trying to push you. Keep up the good work.