Kodi Community Forum
[LINUX] XBMC for Linux port to ARM architecture CPU and SoC chips? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: [LINUX] XBMC for Linux port to ARM architecture CPU and SoC chips? (/showthread.php?tid=35139)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

GUI problems - vane.xbmc - 2010-04-16

McGeagh Wrote:only screensaver dim works, the other fancier ones require OpenGL and havent ported them to ES yet.
Hi,

screensaver dim does not works for me, all the screensavers in Confluence paint the black letters I mentioned.

McGeagh Wrote:Screensaver Dim uses the static function DrawQuad in GUITextureGLES. Start there.
My thought is perhaps with the way i changed it from GL to ES, it wont initialise correctly if its a static function, so perhaps test this by change it so its no longer static. Havent really given this much thought though.

Ok, thank you.

Vane.

- McGeagh - 2010-04-18

davilla Wrote:@McGeagh. Are you using scratchbox or scratchbox2 ?

scratchbox

have yet to test on sbox2

- davilla - 2010-04-18

McGeagh Wrote:scratchbox

have yet to test on sbox2

Humm, pkg-config is getting confused between host and target filesystem with scratchbox2 and cross-compiling. Maybe I should try scratchbox.

- mzsy - 2010-04-19

davilla Wrote:Humm, pkg-config is getting confused between host and target filesystem with scratchbox2 and cross-compiling. Maybe I should try scratchbox.

Hi, davilla

Did you try the Mobile LDK on Tegra2.There's only a black screen when xbmc's running here. XBMC does work well on the beta SDK(11.0083).

B.R

- davilla - 2010-04-19

mzsy Wrote:Hi, davilla

Did you try the Mobile LDK on Tegra2.There's only a black screen when xbmc's running here. XBMC does work well on the beta SDK(11.0083).

B.R

Works under 11.0103.

- mzsy - 2010-04-19

davilla Wrote:Works under 11.0103.

Thanks for your reply. I 'll report this issue to nvidia.

- davilla - 2010-04-19

mzsy Wrote:Thanks for your reply. I 'll report this issue to nvidia.

Which version is Mobile LDK ? I don't see it on their download site.

- mzsy - 2010-04-19

davilla Wrote:Which version is Mobile LDK ? I don't see it on their download site.

Mobile Linux Development Kit.
"March 26, 2010
R.2009.12.8.5678488"

I haven't seen other version information .

A partner gave us it from nvidia serveral days ago.

- davilla - 2010-04-19

mzsy Wrote:Mobile Linux Development Kit.
"March 26, 2010
R.2009.12.8.5678488"

I haven't seen other version information .

A partner gave us it from nvidia serveral days ago.

Grrrr. Not a clue. That version does not match anything I've seen. 2009.12.8 suggests Dec, 8th 2009, but March 26, 2010 Huh

- davilla - 2010-04-19

@mzsy, you are calling SDL_SetVideoMode with only SDL_FULLSCREEN and also have the "goto error" in "Error validating shader" commented out ??

- mzsy - 2010-04-20

davilla Wrote:@mzsy, you are calling SDL_SetVideoMode with only SDL_FULLSCREEN and also have the "goto error" in "Error validating shader" commented out ??

I use the previous arm-camelot source (about 2010-02 svn) and compile with external ffmpeg &python

Using beta SDK,I have to use SDL_FULLSCREEN instead of SDL_SetVideoMode.However,I needn't do this with the alpha sdk.

Slow backgrounds and pointer - vane.xbmc - 2010-04-20

Hi,

running arm_camelot on a beagleboard, the background images last between 1 and 2 seconds to be loaded so you can change the menu (videos, pictures, system...) without see the background . Could this inconvenience be improved?
Or simply the HW can't make it better?

Images with less resolution can be loaded smoothly.

Also, the pointer is very slow and is a very small png image. Isn't it should go faster?

Regards,
vane.

- topfs2 - 2010-04-20

vane.xbmc Wrote:Hi,

running arm_camelot on a beagleboard, the background images last between 1 and 2 seconds to be loaded so you can change the menu (videos, pictures, system...) without see the background . Could this inconvenience be improved?
Or simply the HW can't make it better?

Images with less resolution can be loaded smoothly.

Also, the pointer is very slow and is a very small png image. Isn't it should go faster?

Regards,
vane.

Stuff doesn't happen magically, this is development if you want to help please provide patches, the team have never stated anywere its supported.

When its working good we will announce it.

- vane.xbmc - 2010-04-20

topfs2 Wrote:Stuff doesn't happen magically, this is development if you want to help please provide patches, the team have never stated anywere its supported.

When its working good we will announce it.

You are misunderstanding me, I didn't suggest that solves magically, I want to help but I'm new in graphics development yet and I don't know if this problem can be solved or it depends exclusively on the HW you have. In my case, I'm using a beagleboard.

Thank you.

- topfs2 - 2010-04-20

vane.xbmc Wrote:You are misunderstanding me, I didn't suggest that solves magically, I want to help but I'm new in graphics development yet and I don't know if this problem can be solved or it depends exclusively on the HW you have. In my case, I'm using a beagleboard.

Thank you.

Ah ok, sorry I snapped at you then Smile

Well it involves quite a bit of alteration to get speedy. Most importantly the GPU is to weak, so less needs to be rendered, alot less. To get less rendering you would need to render the complex static content into framebuffers so those complex renderings goes down to a single textured alpha blended quad instead of the hundreds it may be (text for instance)