[LINUX] XBMC for Linux port to ARM architecture CPU and SoC chips? - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Feature Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: [LINUX] XBMC for Linux port to ARM architecture CPU and SoC chips? (/showthread.php?tid=35139)
- McGeagh - 2011-05-15 12:48
I did, very briefly, try the Amlogic... but got distracted with other things.
At that time, the Amlogic wasnt very well supported, and the instructions/manuals I got were in chinese... probably changed by now though.
- madmalkav - 2011-05-15 14:30
OK, definitively I'm gonna buy the cheapest 8726 gadget I can find and give it some try. Thanks for the tips guys.
PS: McGeagh , what Amlogic device you tried exactly?
- davilla - 2011-05-16 22:18
* davilla smiles
- McGeagh - 2011-05-18 21:27
madmalkav Wrote:OK, definitively I'm gonna buy the cheapest 8726 gadget I can find and give it some try. Thanks for the tips guys.
It wasnt a 'device' but a devboard
I dont have it anymore, but hopefully will get another soon, and will prob work on xbmc for it... but time is slim atm. 2hrs a week perhaps is all i can muster at the moment.
- madmalkav - 2011-05-27 22:48
McGeagh Wrote:It wasnt a 'device' but a devboard
Can you point me to where to get an Amlogic devboard ? Have been mailing them without receving any respones.
xbmc on pandaboard - hfkou - 2011-05-31 08:25
Just get a pandaboard and plan to run XBMC on it. Could any one here please help:
1. where to download the great and latest xbmc code for pandaboard?
2. what is the known working(or with good performance) xbmc configure command option?
3. which kernel or OS should be used? I'm now trying the headless ubuntu from: http://omappedia.org/wiki/OMAP_Ubuntu_Main In order to achieve performance, does anyone has any other suggestions?
- christian667 - 2011-05-31 22:30
wow I'm trying too right now.. my first step was to use this tut:
(sorry - german) with the git source
Next step I took was to run
- dw21 - 2011-06-01 13:41
I discovered the Segfault issue on boot in CMatrixGLES::MultMatrixf(float const*) as well. If you look at the code, you will see that there is an NEON optimized version and a standard CPP version. The issue is in the NEON code. You should be able to turn on the cpp code and it will then boot fine.
XBMC runs well, although there are issues when playing a dvd image at a full 1080p. If you run it at 720p, there are no issues. I must say, it is much better than Totem movie player.
- davilla - 2011-06-01 16:18
Humm, pandaboard has a NEON enabled arm. That code does not seem to be having issues with ios so I wonder what the problem could be.
- pandreas21 - 2011-06-01 19:56
dw21, would you mind sharing some of your building experience? My German is a little bit rusty