Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Unofficial third-party nightly builds for the community (Notification only) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Unofficial third-party nightly builds for the community (Notification only) (/showthread.php?tid=35452)

- needtotest - 2009-03-03

OK - the install package was just a small wish. And it is not a problem downloading it.

I will download the latest build and see if more than the plugins ends up in the userfolder.

But what about the language request? I think it should be possible with nsis to do just that.

/needtotest

- Livin - 2009-03-03

needtotest Wrote:Also I always uncheck all languages - can we have the installer remember this? or check which languages are already installede and only install those?

this would require a registry setting (bad choice), or an install config file in the XBMC folder.

I uncheck the languages also, not that big of a deal.

Maybe they can just make the default as unchecked... not sure how many people install them. You could take a poll in the forum.

- kricker - 2009-03-03

Livin Wrote:this would require a registry setting (bad choice), or an install config file in the XBMC folder.

I uncheck the languages also, not that big of a deal.

Maybe they can just make the default as unchecked... not sure how many people install them. You could take a poll in the forum.
This is something I was thinking of doing. There must be a way to have it just auto select the systems default language and only that.

- Nazgulled - 2009-03-03

I suggested that in the past and in my point of view, it's something that should be part of XBMC and not just the builds posted here...

My thoughts on this are that the default language (english) should be selected (as it is right now and you can't remove it). Most people probably use english, I doubt that many people will use other languages. Because of this, all others should be unchecked by default. Who ever wants additional languages, should just select which ones they want.

This is how I think it should work.

- rwparris2 - 2009-03-03

The language folder is like 2.9mb. I fail to see a problem with leaving it on by default.
No reason to make it more difficult for non-english speakers (who may not even be able to read the installer very well) to save >3mb. Uncheck it yourself if you don't want the languages.

- ikons - 2009-03-03

Upped Rev18216 Smile

- kricker - 2009-03-03

rwparris2 Wrote:No reason to make it more difficult for non-english speakers (who may not even be able to read the installer very well) to save >3mb. Uncheck it yourself if you don't want the languages.
That's my reason for checking to see if it can install the system default language. If not, Then I agree to just leave them all checked.

- needtotest - 2009-03-03

ok I should have started the language request in another tread. My point was that I install these builds almost every day - and I switch alot between English and Danish and would appriciate that I did not have to loop through too many languages in the themes to select the one I want. I was thinking OS language default, Keyboards installed or something like that must be possible to detect - and I would agree that it should not only apply to these wonderful everyday builds but also to the final xbmc installer.

/needtotest

- ikons - 2009-03-04

Upped Rev18249 Smile

- Jester - 2009-03-04

Upped Rev18257

- Hitcher - 2009-03-04

Jester, any news on the 'smoothvideo' build?

- ikons - 2009-03-04

Upped Rev18262 Smile

- needtotest - 2009-03-05

Can I somehow debug the installer? Get a log like xbmc has? (I still only get the plugins in the user folder - and xbmc cant find the plugins) So currently I have selected to install everything in the same folder.

/needtotest

- WiSo - 2009-03-05

The current installer just copies the plugins to %APPDATA nothing more yet. This isn't a bug it's just not more implemented.
The plugins will be found if xbmc.exe is started without -p. Remove the old start menu entries and install xbmc again. the installer creates the correct link files.

- needtotest - 2009-03-05

This is a clean install - I uninstalled everything before the install. It works just fine on a vista business but not on my vista home premium. That is why I was looking for a way to debug.