Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Unofficial third-party nightly builds for the community (Notification only) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Unofficial third-party nightly builds for the community (Notification only) (/showthread.php?tid=35452)

SVN Builds VS Babylon 9.04 Aplha1 - Gusimelo - 2009-04-10

Hi,

Which are the most current builds? These SVN builds or the Babylon 9.04 Aplha1 one?...

Or are these SVN builds coming from the previous Atlantis version?

Best,

Gustavo Melo

- mitul103 - 2009-04-10

These SVN builds are the most current and they will always be that way.

installing new builds.. - Sixfoota21 - 2009-04-11

Should I remove my Atlantis build first before installing the new builds, or install over prev ? Sorry for being a noob Huh

- kricker - 2009-04-11

You should be able to install these builds over the top of the Atlantis build.

As a "noob", unless you have a need for SVN builds you should just install the official Babylon build.

- Livin - 2009-04-11

kricker Wrote:You should be able to install these builds over the top of the Atlantis build.

As a "noob", unless you have a need for SVN builds you should just install the official Babylon build.

Kricker,
This is one point where I may disagree depending on the situation.
- funny coming from me, the guy that gets slammed for flaming noobs for asking the same questions over and over. But this is different, this was a decent noob question.

2 'basic' types of users IMO (lots in between of course)...

1) Basic user - not interested in anything but using it for the basic functions like Music, movies, photos. Uses the basic skin.
- in this case, just using the public "releases" is my reccomendation

2) Adventurous user - wants to be more involved, use plug-in,/scripts, change skins, understand how XBMC works. These users, IMO, should use SVN builds - maybe not daily updates but if they want to keep up the knowledge of how things are changing/working in case they need to know how due to scripts or skin issues, knowledge is power.

A tweak of this info might actually make a good sticky - "What kind of user are you" Big Grin

- ikons - 2009-04-12

Upped Rev19418 Smile

- kricker - 2009-04-12

Livin Wrote:...

1) Basic user - not interested in anything but using it for the basic functions like Music, movies, photos. Uses the basic skin.
- in this case, just using the public "releases" is my reccomendation

2) Adventurous user - wants to be more involved, use plug-in,/scripts, change skins, understand how XBMC works. These users, IMO, should use SVN builds - maybe not daily updates but if they want to keep up the knowledge of how things are changing/working in case they need to know how due to scripts or skin issues, knowledge is power.

A tweak of this info might actually make a good sticky - "What kind of user are you" Big Grin
True. I see a "noob" as user 1 (as we all were once), until they get familiar with XBMC. Once they are, they are no longer a "noob" per say and may move on to user 2.

- kingart000 - 2009-04-12

Do any of these builds have proper spelling and capitalization like the 8.10 Atlantis build did? (For example, "Episode Information" instead of "Episode information" and "Add to Library" instead of "Add to library") I downloaded one a few weeks ago, and things were spelled wrong, so I had to revert. (Can I fix this myself?) This is one of those things that will drive someone like me nuts.

Also, I can't seem to figure out how to keep upgrading without losing my library, settings, and configuration. I only found one document about upgrading, and that was for the X-Box itself, not for the Windows version, which I use. The forums seem to have lots of information, but I can't seem to get any valid results when I search.

- ikons - 2009-04-13

Upped Rev19446 Smile

My frist installation - Guta - 2009-04-13

hi.Big Grin

Anybody knows a link to a complete installation on windows xp -sp3(step by step):confused2:
tks.

- xbs08 - 2009-04-13

Guta Wrote:hi.Big Grin

Anybody knows a link to a complete installation on windows xp -sp3(step by step):confused2:
tks.

Yeah!
http://www.doubleklickonexe.com

- SlaveUnit - 2009-04-13

Jesus christ....this is a joke right? You dont know how to install windows? Better buy a mac and never think about unix.

- Livin - 2009-04-14

I think he's asking for how to install XBMC... even worse - XBMC is even less work to install...

people are a constant source of entertainment - I'm always amazed at how afraid people are of using their computer and just trying things.

- ikons - 2009-04-14

Upped Rev19463 Smile

- dyt72 - 2009-04-15

Spanish language dont work in Rev19463, if i change to other languages works fine, but if a change to spanish remains in english.
If i use a skin like aeon, part remains in english.

thanks