Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Unofficial third-party nightly builds for the community (Notification only) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Unofficial third-party nightly builds for the community (Notification only) (/showthread.php?tid=35452)

- ikons - 2009-08-19

Upped XBMCSetup-Rev22275 Smile

- ikons - 2009-08-20

Upped XBMCSetup-Rev22287 Smile

- azido - 2009-08-20

could one of you brilliant guys do me a favour and create a build for me with debug option on? i could use that for skin debugging. thank you Wink

- ikons - 2009-08-21

Upped XBMCSetup-Rev22295 Smile

- kricker - 2009-08-21

azido Wrote:could one of you brilliant guys do me a favour and create a build for me with debug option on? i could use that for skin debugging. thank you Wink
Are you asking for something different than the standard debug options you can turn on in the settings?

- azido - 2009-08-21

kricker Wrote:Are you asking for something different than the standard debug options you can turn on in the settings?

yes.

andyblac told me he compiled on a mac with "debug option on":

Quote:on a mac you run the command ./configure --enable-debug

..which gives him a build that shows every single loaded file/image in xbmc.log. now i hope we have a similar switch for win builds..

- kricker - 2009-08-21

azido Wrote:yes.

andyblac told me he compiled on a mac with "debug option on":

..which gives him a build that shows every single loaded file/image in xbmc.log. now i hope we have a similar switch for win builds..
If you can do the leg work to find out how, I'll compile one for you.

- azido - 2009-08-21

kricker Wrote:If you can do the leg work to find out how, I'll compile one for you.

as i don't know sh*t about that, i asked WiSo about if and how one can do that on win builds. if i get a positive response, i'll pm you the details so we can leave this thread clean from my personal wantings.

thanks for the offer.

- ikons - 2009-08-22

Upped XBMCSetup-Rev22312 Smile

- WiSo - 2009-08-22

as told via pm but here for all:
afaik there aren't more log message in the xbmc.log if you build xbmc via "debug" instead via "release sdl". You see a lot more if you attach the vs2008 debugger to xbmc.

- SKiNNiEH - 2009-08-23

22312 has issues with HDMI pass-through, anything AC3 or DTS just fails to initialize audio. Reverted to 22207 which apparently works Smile

(lost a couple of hours scratching my head as i'm running a fresh install and not upgraded from previous versions, but that comes with the territory Smile)

- pico1234 - 2009-08-23

In these SVN builds, has the ffmpeg libraries been recompiled? Reason I ask is that patch to make our DVB broadcasts play back in XBMC was committed as of rev 22285. I know that ffmpeg needs to be compiled separately outside of VSC++ using MinGW/MSYS and the files added to the XBMC source tree. I tried the latest uploaded SVN copy (22312) but it didn't seem to play it back correctly but there might be something wrong on my system.

- mccorkled - 2009-08-23

Is there a way to just install the updated stuff rather then the whole program again? I ask because every time I do I have to reload and reset all of my content and settings.

- kricker - 2009-08-23

pico1234 Wrote:In these SVN builds, has the ffmpeg libraries been recompiled? Reason I ask is that patch to make our DVB broadcasts play back in XBMC was committed as of rev 22285. I know that ffmpeg needs to be compiled separately outside of VSC++ using MinGW/MSYS and the files added to the XBMC source tree. I tried the latest uploaded SVN copy (22312) but it didn't seem to play it back correctly but there might be something wrong on my system.
If it isn't in the build.bat and compiling provided in the svn then it doesn't happen.

- kricker - 2009-08-23

mccorkled Wrote:Is there a way to just install the updated stuff rather then the whole program again? I ask because every time I do I have to reload and reset all of my content and settings.
You shouldn't have to reset anything. Try using the XBMC client updater for windows. Link is in the OP.