Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Unofficial third-party nightly builds for the community (Notification only) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Unofficial third-party nightly builds for the community (Notification only) (/showthread.php?tid=35452)

- costa - 2009-09-23

what is the difference between iKons' builds and kricker's ?

is there any details about them ?

Thanks all

- rausch101 - 2009-09-23

costa Wrote:what is the difference between iKons' builds and kricker's ?

is there any details about them ?

Thanks all

The first post of this thread is probably the best place to look.

- kricker - 2009-09-23

azido Wrote:hitchers? Rolleyes
Ooops. sorry, it was late...at least that's my excuse. Sorry Azido. Blush Correction made.

- smeehrrr - 2009-09-23

Quick question: Which tree are the builds built from? I've been building in linuxport, but that branch was deleted recently and apparently moved to the trunk, but the DX builds have massive errors on trunk.

- kricker - 2009-09-23

Theses are built off the same path you were using. We use the trunk now as well. Three are lots of things going on at the moment. It's best to just sit tight for a bit.

- azido - 2009-09-23

kricker Wrote:Ooops. sorry, it was late...at least that's my excuse. Sorry Azido. Blush Correction made.

nothing to be worried about - cheers mate.

- kricker - 2009-09-23

Upped XBMC-Rev23120-GL
Upped XBMCSetup-Rev23120-GL
Upped XBMC-Rev23120-DX
Upped XBMCSetup-Rev23120-DX

- nessus - 2009-09-23

kricker Wrote:Upped XBMC-Rev23120-GL
Upped XBMCSetup-Rev23120-GL
Upped XBMC-Rev23120-DX
Upped XBMCSetup-Rev23120-DX

My current build is Rev22516 and i use Updater from kay.one. Are these updates safe to update my xbmc installation like this notice says or do i have to wait for some more days ?

Thanks
Nessus

- kricker - 2009-09-24

It hasn't been announced as really stable yet. I have this last DX build installed on my dev PC and it appears good. If you want to be "safe", only use official released builds. SVN builds are for those willing to risk the possibility of something messing up in trade of getting new features or bug fixes early.

- nessus - 2009-09-24

Thanks kicker for your response. I know that this are un-official builds and i know the risks. I am just asking because some days know everybody in the forum they say that the build 22516 is the latest stable build until the devs made some svn megre or something like that. So i've stick with that build and didn't update for 20 days know.

So...is now more safer to keep the (un-official) updating or not ?

Thanks
Nessus

- patkhoo - 2009-09-24

nessus Wrote:So...is now more safer to keep the (un-official) updating or not ?

I think safer or not is relative. From a developer's point of view, first, the fact that it can be built at all means that the code in SVN has reached at least a minimum level of stability. From there, the fact that it runs at all also indicates yet another level of stability. And finally, this has not reached the level of stability to warrant an official release. So that is also indicative of "safe-ness" (or not).

As a user, if you are willing to grab and use SVNs, you should be willing to accept that there are bugs. Somethings may or may not work, and if they don't, well, report it, and/or wait until the next update for them to get fixed. That's the price of being on the cutting edge... Wink

- kricker - 2009-09-24

What's safe for me, may not be safe for you. Chance are we don't have the exact same hardware/drives setup. I say make a backup, and go for it.

- nessus - 2009-09-24

Thank you all for the response. I've read this answer from theuni in similar question like mine in a Notice for SVN Path Change....
theuni Wrote:Things are shaping up but still under heavy reorganization. We’ll be sure to let you know when we think it’s stabilized.
but...i will go with kricker's advise...Confused
kricker Wrote:I say make a backup, and go for it.

Thanks
Nessus

- ikons - 2009-09-24

Upped XBMCSetup-Rev23145-dx.exe and XBMCSetup-Rev23145-gl.exe Smile

- ikons - 2009-09-25

Upped
XBMCSetup-Rev23161-dx.exe
and
XBMCSetup-Rev23161-gl.exe
Smile