Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Unofficial third-party nightly builds for the community (Notification only) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Unofficial third-party nightly builds for the community (Notification only) (/showthread.php?tid=35452)

- overbyrn - 2009-10-22

kricker Wrote:Still can't build yet sorry. I'm still getting build errors.

Code:
Linking...
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\..\xbmc\visualizations\milkdrop\release\plugin.lib'

kricker, I'm no expert and have learnt just enough to compile my own builds. Hit the same problem as you on rev23903. I fixed it by opening "..\..\xbmc\visualisations\Plugin.sln. Did a release compile on that which seemed to build the missing plugin.lib. XBMC build worked after that.

I did the GL build only.

- azido - 2009-10-23

kricker Wrote:Still can't build yet sorry. I'm still getting build errors.

Code:
Linking...
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\..\xbmc\visualizations\milkdrop\release\plugin.lib'

damned.. but ok, then i have to wait. thanks for trying anyway.

- kricker - 2009-10-23

Upped XBMC-Rev23912-GL
Upped XBMCSetup-Rev23912-GL
Upped XBMC-Rev23912-DX
Upped XBMCSetup-Rev23912-DX

- kricker - 2009-10-24

Upped XBMC-Rev23944-GL
Upped XBMCSetup-Rev23944-GL
Upped XBMC-Rev23944-DX
Upped XBMCSetup-Rev23944-DX

- kay.one - 2009-10-24

kricker Wrote:Upped XBMC-Rev23944-GL
Upped XBMCSetup-Rev23944-GL
Upped XBMC-Rev23944-DX
Upped XBMCSetup-Rev23944-DX

i was wondering if you have any stats on download count for GL vs DX builds.

I have personally been using DX builds for the past month and couldn't be happier. the GUI is a lot more responsive for me using DX builds.

- azido - 2009-10-24

kay.one Wrote:i was wondering if you have any stats on download count for GL vs DX builds.

I have personally been using DX builds for the past month and couldn't be happier. the GUI is a lot more responsive for me using DX builds.

on my side i'm always downloading both variants.

- StarChild - 2009-10-24

Hi.
I noticed a problem with the reversion number in the svn builds.
The zips and exes filename reversions number don't match the reversion number that XBMC reports in the gui for me. I tested this like this:
krickers zip and exe reports: (Clean installs)
XBMCSetup-Rev23858-gl.exe reports r23851 in gui
XBMCSetup-Rev23912-gl.exe reports r23858 in gui
XBMCSetup-Rev23944-gl.exe reports r23912 in gui
XBMCSetup-Rev23973-gl.exe reports r23944 in gui ... and so on

I also tested this with ikons releases with the same results.
I also tested this with "Unofficial Nightly Builds From SVN" releases with the same results.

Only tested with windows gl releases.
It has been like this for a some time now. So maybe there is a compile code problem?

Anyone else having this problem?

//Regards StarChild

- azido - 2009-10-25

StarChild Wrote:Anyone else having this problem?

//Regards StarChild

we talked about that one or two pages ago.

- kricker - 2009-10-25

kay.one Wrote:i was wondering if you have any stats on download count for GL vs DX builds.

I don't have them but could probably get them if I asked. Until the devs say otherwise I plan to keep building both anyhow.

- kricker - 2009-10-25

Upped XBMC-Rev23973-GL
Upped XBMCSetup-Rev23973-GL
Upped XBMC-Rev23973-DX
Upped XBMCSetup-Rev23973-DX

Actually been up for a few hours now Wink

- azido - 2009-10-25

kricker Wrote:Upped XBMC-Rev23973-GL
Upped XBMCSetup-Rev23973-GL
Upped XBMC-Rev23973-DX
Upped XBMCSetup-Rev23973-DX

Actually been up for a few hours now Wink

seen (and installed) them. so these are the REAL 23973 versions? because again they state they are 23944.

- kricker - 2009-10-25

azido Wrote:seen (and installed) them. so these are the REAL 23973 versions? because again they state they are 23944.
yeah...yeah...yeah....I know Wink maybe I'll get time to look into it soon. Can you upgrade from the .exe installer and report back what it says then?

- kricker - 2009-10-25

This is very strange. I just updated my Dev PC thru the updater client. When I run XBMC the system info shows the correct version.

- azido - 2009-10-25

kricker Wrote:yeah...yeah...yeah....I know Wink maybe I'll get time to look into it soon. Can you upgrade from the .exe installer and report back what it says then?

just did a quick check for the latest DX install and it reports as being 23973 as it should. must be something in the zip build. always get version number of the previous installed build, no matter if i use the updater client or just drop the zip manually. although the client itself tells the correct number in it's own display. the "old" version number also goes into xbmc log.

- StarChild - 2009-10-25

People with reversion number problem. What windows are you using?