Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Unofficial third-party nightly builds for the community (Notification only) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Unofficial third-party nightly builds for the community (Notification only) (/showthread.php?tid=35452)

- Kyusaku - 2009-10-31

I'm on Windows 7 and for both DX and GL, r24064 was the last version that detected disc media. Any revsion after; 24102,24114,24122, 24148, doesn't seem to find disc media.

- overbyrn - 2009-10-31

dj_gerbil Wrote:Ok, just installed the GL version of 24114 and its reporting as 24102Confused so I'm guessing the version bug is lurking in the GL builds only.

@kricker, That's good, I didn't want to upset anyone lol.

About this build version problem; as a regular (almost daily) builder of both DX and GL versions, I too have been seeing this for a while.

I don't know if it's of any help to others doing the same, but I'm using Tortoise SVN and have found that if I manually run ./project/VS2008Express/update_svn_rev.bat, it updates ./xbmc/win32/svn_rev.h with the current build number.

It seems this file is pulled in during compilation from ./xbmc/win32/PlatformInclude.h and I assume gets shown in the information screen within XBMC.

However, the standard build script extracts the revision number from a completely different svn file (./XBMC/.svn/entries) used to generate XBMCSetup-Rev{x}-gl/dx type files.

Kricker's been doing this far longer than I, so perhaps he can sanity check the above?

- kricker - 2009-11-01

Upped XBMC-Rev24171-GL
Upped XBMCSetup-Rev24171-GL
Upped XBMC-Rev24171-DX
Upped XBMCSetup-Rev24171-DX

- kricker - 2009-11-02

Upped XBMC-Rev24195-GL
Upped XBMCSetup-Rev24195-GL
Upped XBMC-Rev24195-DX
Upped XBMCSetup-Rev24195-DX

- kricker - 2009-11-05

As you may have noticed 9.11 Alpha "Camelot" has dropped. This thread will be closed down. A new thread will take it's place when the time is right. SVN builds will not be created until the new release is done. For those using the Windows Updater client, fear not. The official releases will be available for it as well, hopefully starting with the next alpha/beta. I just need some time to get things in order for that to happen.

- azido - 2009-11-05

kricker Wrote:As you may have noticed 9.11 Alpha "Camelot" has dropped. This thread will be closed down. A new thread will take it's place when the time is right. SVN builds will not be created until the new release is done. For those using the Windows Updater client, fear not. The official releases will be available for it as well, hopefully starting with the next alpha/beta. I just need some time to get things in order for that to happen.

cheers for your statement.
drop me a note whenever svn builds for the public will be starting again and you need assistance in building them.

[WINDOWS] Unofficial third-party SVN builds for the community (Notifications only) - ikons - 2009-11-21

The only officially supported version of XBMC for Windows is the one provided here:

Official Download

However, the devs have no problem with 3rd Party builders posting incremental 3rd Party Builds. In fact, as we begin to approach the next release cycle, 3rd Party builds are almost preferred over the stable build. As such, below you will find various links to such builds.

Read the following link if you have an issue with one of these SVN builds.
HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner.

DO NOT USE THIS THREAD TO REPORT A PROBLEM WITH THESE BUILDS !
Use separate threads for postings bugs and use the TRAC system to file them properly for developers to look at.

UPDATE:
There are currently two build options for the windows version. A DirectX build and an OpenGL build. The DirectX build is the default build and the only officially supported build for Windows from this point forward. 3rd Party Builders, however, are free to build the OpenGL build for as long as they choose and it happens to exist. Use the OpenGL version at your own risk.

FYI:
Kay.one has made Automatic update client for XBMC. Latest builds are posted to the ftp server that this updater uses. You can still update manually from the links posted in this thread if you like, but the updater application makes it much easier.

Quote:It basically downloads the latest 3rd party build and updates your local installation. with option to do the update without any user intervention.

zipped builds;
These are for manual upgrade, and are the same builds used by XBMCUpdater client.

kricker builds;
Main linuxport SVN builds, includes Nuka1195's SVN Repo Installer plugin.
There are two folders. "dx" for DirectX builds and "gl" for OpenGL builds.

ikons builds;
Main linuxport SVN builds.

For all these builds:
Check Trac to see what has been changed between each build.

Direct Links to Ikon's builds:

XBMCSetup-Rev27505-dx.exe

XBMCSetup-Rev26880-gl.exe

- xbs08 - 2009-11-21

sweet!

- xexe - 2009-11-21

Superb the time between Alphas has been to long with so many bugs being fixed it was frustrating to live with bugs you know are closed.

- BIOYAM - 2009-11-21

ikons,
Thank you very much!

- natethomas - 2009-11-21

Note: Please do not report bugs from this/these builds during the beta period.

- neil.j1983 - 2009-11-21

thank you

- ijourneaux - 2009-11-21

Thanks. for taking the time to compile the SVNs and make them available. I echo the comments above. It is nice to get versions where some of the bugs are adressed especially when the alpha builds are a long time apart.

Take Care

- sergiocos - 2009-11-23

I think it will be better to also announce a new build ALSO posting a reply (to bump this thread).

- ikons - 2009-11-24

Update in first post Smile