Kodi Community Forum
Bugs and Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: MediaStream (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Thread: Bugs and Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=35702)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

- Hitcher - 2008-08-14

xbs08 Wrote:Is there a way to do a small/big step (arrow keys on the remote) while watching a movie without poping in the info?

Surely that's essential for knowing just where you are in a video? It is for me.

- KidKiwi - 2008-08-14

Hitcher Wrote:Surely that's essential for knowing just where you are in a video? It is for me.

I not a fan of this either. I figure that's what the info button is for. I find it really distracting.

- joebrady - 2008-08-14

I like it.Nod

- xeonicxpression - 2008-08-14

[QUOTE=skunkm0nkee;209580
I would have thought that the busy dialog would have kicked in (the PLEASE WAIT at the bottom of the screen) - do you see any type of busy anim on other skins? If not then I think it could be that XBMC isn't triggering the busy anim at that point?[/quote]

Just checked again and I don't see any "PLEASE WAIT" at the bottom of the screen. I'm starting to wonder if this has anything to do with the crash I've been experiencing when trying to do the fanart for several movies in a row. I'm using Atlantis Alpha 3. Does anyone else see a PLEASE WAIT? Huh

Just noticed that this doesn't happen in AEON either. Like you said, XBMC must not be triggering the busy animation. Should that be reported as a bug?

- ezechiel1917 - 2008-08-15

Could we have please a media PATH info for Movie/TVShow/Season/Episode Information in Library like PM3 does have when you go to Info. It was added there some weeks ago, but it's very useful if you want to quick look where is your media located. I would really appreciated this. It could be an optional in Skin Settings, if you don't want it to be on in default view. Thanks

- xbs08 - 2008-08-15

knowing where you are in a video sure, a progress bar should do it, but viewing the plot all the time you press a arrow key, don't think so?
Like kidkiwi said that what the info key is for :|

- xeonicxpression - 2008-08-15

ezechiel1917 Wrote:Could we have please a media PATH info for Movie/TVShow/Season/Episode Information in Library like PM3 does have when you go to Info. It was added there some weeks ago, but it's very useful if you want to quick look where is your media located. I would really appreciated this. It could be an optional in Skin Settings, if you don't want it to be on in default view. Thanks

I'll second that! Whenever the scraper gets a movie wrong, which isn't that often but does happen, it is hard to know what movie it is if I can't see the directory. I have movie on 4 hard drives and 9 different folders.Shocked It would be nice to be able to just pop up the info and see that movie is on ___ drive in ___ folder. Then I can go edit the folder name to make it more accurate. Obviously you could simply play the movie, but that is too time consuming and then you still have to find the folder. Also, if you ever want to burn a movie off, it's a pita to find it. It would definately be something that should be able to be disabled though. It would look kind of ugly being there all the time.

Please Wait animation doesn't animate - coastal - 2008-08-15

Maybe i've got too many movies sitting in my library as 'Please Wait' notice appears as a series of vertically overlapping notices. Is it possible to have a non-animated one or remove it entirely? Apart from that, it looks the absolute mustard. Cheers guys, it's an awesome skin.

- pete321 - 2008-08-15

Is there a way to replace the areas that say no thumb or the blue folder icons that say mediastream with pictures? The Library doesn't seem to fill these in and there doesn't seeem to be an option to manually select thumbs.

Also for a suggestion, it might have been said but a way to view trailers of a movie if it exists in apple trailers right from the library would be awesome, especially being able to play it while still being in the library, ie just a window will come up.

Also, an option to play music for the background.

Very beautiful work btw.

- timdog82001 - 2008-08-15

pete321 Wrote:Also for a suggestion, it might have been said but a way to view trailers of a movie if it exists in apple trailers right from the library would be awesome, especially being able to play it while still being in the library, ie just a window will come up.

Also, an option to play music for the background.

the trailers thing is an xbmc suggestion, not skin related. It could probably be done with a script too, but i don't think you'll find many willing to work on such a script or features since you can already watch trailers by going to the movie information screen, found in the context menu when you have a movie highlighted (only available in library). As for background music, do you mean a playlist or partymode or something that automatically starts when then skin starts? A skin option would be very easy to add, but i dont know what the team thinks of it. After suicide-level schoolwork, both my computers dying for a few months, a wicked, endless case of the flu, and life taking some wild turns, i've really not even been a part of the team for teh past 6 months probably so i don't really know what their thoughts are. Still hoping things will shape up for me though and i can contribute something more Sad

Also, guys, there's a pretty ugly typo on the team section of the homepage. might want to check it out

- mrz - 2008-08-15

An easy one to fix.
Script output is to small and long lines are not broken accurately resulting in overlaps. Can you please make it as large as possible.

MrZ

- skunkm0nkee - 2008-08-15

ezechiel1917 Wrote:Could we have please a media PATH info for Movie/TVShow/Season/Episode Information in Library like PM3 does have when you go to Info. It was added there some weeks ago, but it's very useful if you want to quick look where is your media located. I would really appreciated this. It could be an optional in Skin Settings, if you don't want it to be on in default view. Thanks

Path has been added to video info dialogs for next release

xbs08 Wrote:knowing where you are in a video sure, a progress bar should do it, but viewing the plot all the time you press a arrow key, don't think so?
Like kidkiwi said that what the info key is for :|

The next release will have an option to hide the plot in the Video OSD

djtoll Wrote:Hi,

I found a smal bug, when the right blade is open, and you pusch the volume butten then overlap the ads (db and the View label).

detailed in the screenshot

The volume indicator has been moved in the next release to avoid this problem

- pantherman007 - 2008-08-15

Slownis Wrote:I have it running at 720p on my xbox, with custom backdrops sized at 720p. With this setup I notice occasion blackouts, and yesterday I noticed that some TV episodes wouldn't play. I switched back to PMIII and they played fine.

Slownis - When you say you have occasional blackouts, do you mean that the custom backdrop doesn't render and you get a black screen while everything else still works okay? I had the same problem, and (I think) connected it to backdrops that were 32-bit images. 24-bit images work fine in both Aeon and Mediastream, but 32-bit images rendered to black. I posted something about this in the fanart sub-forum but no one has confirmed they see the same behavior.

- elupus - 2008-08-15

Hi, the skin is looking quite sweet, however..

The constant fading to background on switching items is driving me nut's. Can't the previous text/thumb be displayed untill the new one is loaded? Not sure if the skin engine supports this, if not think that is something we should correct.

- skunkm0nkee - 2008-08-15

elupus Wrote:Hi, the skin is looking quite sweet, however..

The constant fading to background on switching items is driving me nut's. Can't the previous text/thumb be displayed untill the new one is loaded? Not sure if the skin engine supports this, if not think that is something we should correct.

If you navigate quickly through the list then you don't want small delays every time it loads the thumbs & text so we put a delay in to avoid this. If you take that delay out you'd see (especially on the xbox) that the navigation is a lot jerkier.

It would be good to keep the old thumb on there until the new one has loaded but since it is based on the ListItem.Thumb (which is the current position in the list) then as soon as you move that reference has changed to the next item. I guess you could get around it by having some sort of PrevListItem.Thumb but that would be a pretty significant change to the skin engine I would think