Kodi Community Forum
Bugs and Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: MediaStream (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Thread: Bugs and Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=35702)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

- skunkm0nkee - 2008-08-18

I had a quick check at the code and the code for the now playing UI looks the same as the code for the music vis, so it could be that the MusicPlayer.Offset code doesn't work properly in the vis screen?

- Wir3d - 2008-08-19

pike Wrote:I have another problem. in "VIDEOS" and AMT2 plugin + viewmode LIST

after I'm done watching a trailer (any) it goes to .. (top) in list

Not entirely sure if I understand what you mean but it sounds more like an AMT issue then skin related...

Do you have this issue in other skins?

- pike - 2008-08-19

No I don't have this issue in PM3

You need the AMT2 PLUGIN installed and added as a source in VIDEOS in XBMC
Then you need to enter the source which is AMT2, scroll down a bit in LIST viewmode and start to play a trailer.
After playback ENDS, cursor will be put on .. in LIST, not on the trailer you just played, this is the bug that I can't reproduce using PM3

I use XBMC for Linux btw

- Jezz_X - 2008-08-19

I can take a really good stab at why this happens pike its because they have 2 views with the same ID and each is visible with different conditions (didn't look at the code just guessing) this makes any multiple same ID view that is not the first referenced in the xml always jump back to the start of the list.

PM3 and any other skin I do does not use this method of using the same ID for different lists so its not effected. (though it did happen when I first tried it)

Skunk can probably confim thats how its coded

- tsint - 2008-08-19

I have same problem with all videos and also with mp3 VIS when exit full screen. Cursor jumps back to the first item in the list.

- matthuisman - 2008-08-19

umm, no video's play for me. from movies or TV.
also, for one of my tv shows, it skips the season menu and lists all episodes from all seasons added below each other :-S

Changed to PM3 and all went fine.

Anyone else have these issues?

- Geeba - 2008-08-19

stanley87 Wrote:umm, no video's play for me. from movies or TV.
also, for one of my tv shows, it skips the season menu and lists all episodes from all seasons added below each other :-S

It does seem to re-organise my movies...Huh like I posted earlier it looks into folders I dont want it to... and I end up with 50+ listings of "In the night garden" in my movies LOL!!!

but hate to say it PMIII doesnt do it... Eek

- Hitcher - 2008-08-19

pike Wrote:I have another problem. in "VIDEOS" and AMT2 plugin + viewmode LIST

after I'm done watching a trailer (any) it goes to .. (top) in list

pike Wrote:No I don't have this issue in PM3

You need the AMT2 PLUGIN installed and added as a source in VIDEOS in XBMC
Then you need to enter the source which is AMT2, scroll down a bit in LIST viewmode and start to play a trailer.
After playback ENDS, cursor will be put on .. in LIST, not on the trailer you just played, this is the bug that I can't reproduce using PM3

I use XBMC for Linux btw

Jezz_X Wrote:I can take a really good stab at why this happens pike its because they have 2 views with the same ID and each is visible with different conditions (didn't look at the code just guessing) this makes any multiple same ID view that is not the first referenced in the xml always jump back to the start of the list.

PM3 and any other skin I do does not use this method of using the same ID for different lists so its not effected. (though it did happen when I first tried it)

Skunk can probably confim thats how its coded

tsint Wrote:I have same problem with all videos and also with mp3 VIS when exit full screen. Cursor jumps back to the first item in the list.

It's something to do with the Scrollbars because if you turn them off it stays on the selected item.

- WaCk0.br - 2008-08-19

stanley87 Wrote:umm, no video's play for me. from movies or TV.

I think its memory related problem. I have the same problem, and my movies only play if I change the view mode to 'list' or 'info list'.

sometimes custom backgrounds doesnt load too (using 720p and 1280x720 images) Sad

Xbox here.

- JustMeD - 2008-08-19

WaCk0.br

Can you try using 1024 x 576 images to see if it eases the memory issue. I have played about with that myself in the past and find you don't lose any quality in the pics. I have a 37" HD screen running at 720p on my Xbox and see no issues at all running any of my Movies / TV shows in library mode. This even includes running Movie and TV Fanart backdrops in all areas.

Also with regards the Custom images being used. What format are they in as I find that PNG files can cause issues. I generally run mine as JPEG and optimised for web usage.

D

- skunkm0nkee - 2008-08-19

I'm currently working through the skin trying to cut down on memory usage (it's a never ending task it seems!) but custom images use up more memory than using the default backgrounds in the skin so if you are having problems playing videos etc due to memory issues then I'd suggest you cut down on custom images and fanart for now.

- Hitcher - 2008-08-19

Try these suggestions if you're having memory issues with the Xbox - they worked for AEON.

Resize all backdrops and fanart to 960x540
Do not increase thumbsize in the advancedsetting.xml

I think we're reaching a point where skins will either have a 'Lite' version for the Xbox or be solely for the other systems.

- WaCk0.br - 2008-08-20

JustMeD Wrote:WaCk0.br

Can you try using 1024 x 576 images to see if it eases the memory issue. I have played about with that myself in the past and find you don't lose any quality in the pics. I have a 37" HD screen running at 720p on my Xbox and see no issues at all running any of my Movies / TV shows in library mode. This even includes running Movie and TV Fanart backdrops in all areas.

Also with regards the Custom images being used. What format are they in as I find that PNG files can cause issues. I generally run mine as JPEG and optimised for web usage.

D

I'm using optimized JPG btw.
I'll try lower res then. Thanks for the info.

- Mycah - 2008-08-20

I'm having a strange issue I don't see anywhere.

I'm running a clean install of the t3ch build with a fresh UserData folder.

When I view a folder of images over an SMB connection it constantly pops up asking me for a username and password for a profile. If I cancel it doesn't create a thumb for the specific image it got stuck on, however other images in that folder have had thumbs generated. It seems completely random on which images it gets hung up on. If I back out and go back into that folder, it does it with different images in that folder.

I know it isn't a permissions issue, I can view the images if I click on them. This works fine in PM3.

I don't have any profiles but the default configured with no configured profile name or password.

Thanks, this skin looks like a refreshing change from years of PM3.

- jbob - 2008-08-20

Mycah Wrote:I'm having a strange issue I don't see anywhere.

I'm running a clean install of the t3ch build with a fresh UserData folder.

When I view a folder of images over an SMB connection it constantly pops up asking me for a username and password for a profile. If I cancel it doesn't create a thumb for the specific image it got stuck on, however other images in that folder have had thumbs generated. It seems completely random on which images it gets hung up on. If I back out and go back into that folder, it does it with different images in that folder.

I know it isn't a permissions issue, I can view the images if I click on them. This works fine in PM3.

I don't have any profiles but the default configured with no configured profile name or password.

Thanks, this skin looks like a refreshing change from years of PM3.

Try turning off simple file sharing on your PC. Then change your SMB root directory permissions and there should be a setting to apply to permissions to all child objects. That should work. The wiki has some detailed instructions.