Kodi Community Forum
Bugs and Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: MediaStream (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Thread: Bugs and Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=35702)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

- Mycah - 2008-08-20

jbob Wrote:Try turning off simple file sharing on your PC. Then change your SMB root directory permissions and there should be a setting to apply to permissions to all child objects. That should work. The wiki has some detailed instructions.

Ah, it's a linux system. The only thing I have special in my smb.conf is unix extensions =no so that stupid OSX works right.

Can you point me to the wiki? Is it a MediaStream one or the XBMC wiki?

- michal - 2008-08-20

Hi,

Awesome new update! Thank you for promptly acting on all the bug reports and continually improving an already great skin.

I noticed what I think may be a new bug in 0.87. If I'm in the movie showcase screen and i look at movie info and then exit from the info it SEEMS to very quickly jump back to the beginning of the list (as in the first poster in the list based on whatever sort you have enabled) and then jumping back to the selected poster.

This happens very quickly but should definitely be noticeable at least on the Linux version. I don't believe this bug was present in the previous two releases.

Sorry if this has already been reported.

- JayBird - 2008-08-20

Ive have just started using mediastream and the only thing that i can't seem to figure out (dont know if it is a bug or not) is that when adding a new source, i get the following screen...

I can browse for a server, then once i have done that, i can't scroll down past the "shared folder" input, so it is impossible for me to select "ok"

- MikeBeecham - 2008-08-20

Have you tried clicking left or right?

- xbs08 - 2008-08-20

yesterday, after i updated to 0.87 and xbmc to atlantis, two of my movies started showing in the tv shows. Couldn't really understand why. They listed as movies and appear in movie list.

- JayBird - 2008-08-20

Yep, no joy.

- Geeba - 2008-08-20

xbs08 Wrote:yesterday, after i updated to 0.87 and xbmc to atlantis, two of my movies started showing in the tv shows. Couldn't really understand why. They listed as movies and appear in movie list.

AHA!!! its not just me!!! strange.... Eek

- Hitcher - 2008-08-20

michal Wrote:I noticed what I think may be a new bug in 0.87. If I'm in the movie showcase screen and i look at movie info and then exit from the info it SEEMS to very quickly jump back to the beginning of the list (as in the first poster in the list based on whatever sort you have enabled) and then jumping back to the selected poster.

This happens very quickly but should definitely be noticeable at least on the Linux version. I don't believe this bug was present in the previous two releases.

Sorry if this has already been reported.

Same thing I believe -

Hitcher Wrote:It's something to do with the Scrollbars because if you turn them off it stays on the selected item.

- skunkm0nkee - 2008-08-20

Jezz_X Wrote:I can take a really good stab at why this happens pike its because they have 2 views with the same ID and each is visible with different conditions (didn't look at the code just guessing) this makes any multiple same ID view that is not the first referenced in the xml always jump back to the start of the list.

PM3 and any other skin I do does not use this method of using the same ID for different lists so its not effected. (though it did happen when I first tried it)

Skunk can probably confim thats how its coded

Yep, there are views that have the same id - Media Preview, Albums and Pictures all use id 51 but they are used in different media screens so I would have thought they shouldn't affect each other? As far as I can remember all the other id's for views are unique

Hitcher Wrote:It's something to do with the Scrollbars because if you turn them off it stays on the selected item.

If that's the case then it could be that the scrollbars are causing the selected item to be moved up to the start of the list. If that is the case then it would suggest to me that maybe there is an issue with re-selecting in XBMC itself when scrollbars are involved unless I'm missing a tag in my scrollbars code? I guess JMarshall or Jezz can answer that one?

- mrz - 2008-08-20

Hi!
There is still this blue shaddow clock background that is a bit off when time is 0:00 to 9:59.
It is caused by the "xx" in Includes.XML, here...

<include name="ClockBGText">
<info>System.Time(hh:mm xx)</info>
<textcolor>Highlighted</textcolor>
<include>ClockText</include>
</include>

Any chance you could make the script output screen a bit larger? I'm coding some plugins using your wonderful graphics and when I want to look at the Python log its too small, so I endup jumping between PM and your skin. Please?!

Regarding video plugins, the default layout for new folders is now list but the better looking + with more info is the infolist. Can infolist be made the default? I think I can have Python forcing it but then I have to override that XBMC remembers the last layout.

Thanks in advance,

MrZ

mrz Wrote:Hi!
There is still this blue shaddow clock background that is a bit off when time is 0:00 to 9:59.
It is caused by the "xx" in Includes.XML, here...

</include>

I thought I'd tested all the time formats, are you sure you have the latest version? You could update your time format in the language/langinfo.xml file to include the xx and that will definitely get rid of it.

mrz Wrote:Any chance you could make the script output screen a bit larger? I'm coding some plugins using your wonderful graphics and when I want to look at the Python log its too small, so I endup jumping between PM and your skin. Please?!
Are you using the Bigger fontset? If that's not big enough then a Massive fontset wil be included in the next release.

mrz Wrote:Regarding video plugins, the default layout for new folders is now list but the better looking + with more info is the infolist. Can infolist be made the default? I think I can have Python forcing it but then I have to override that XBMC remembers the last layout.

Aren't default views down to your own specific settings, not the skin? Have you tried changing the view mode setting for Program etc? If it something specific in the skin that needs changing then let me know and I'll have a look

- mrz - 2008-08-20

Hi again!
I don't know what the xx do but I find it strange you use "hh:mm xx" for the background and "hh:mm" for the foreground. Adding xx in the langinfo.xml does not help but changing "HH:mmConfuseds" to "H:mmConfuseds" does. Blittan?

On the script output its the dialog size that is my problem not the font.
In DialogScriptInfo.xml you include SelectionDialogBG that is 620x360 for script output I think you should use the whole screen. It will not mess up the layout because you only bring this window up when you are debugging things.

BTW, I hope a said earlier that this skin is by far the best looking ever. This is why I do care.

MrZ

mrz Wrote:Hi again!
I don't know what the xx do but I find it strange you use "hh:mm xx" for the background and "hh:mm" for the foreground. Adding xx in the langinfo.xml does not help but changing "HH:mmConfuseds" to "H:mmConfuseds" does. Blittan?
xx adds the AM/PM to the time (you need to have the symbolAM and symbolPM defined for it to work properly)

mrz Wrote:On the script output its the dialog size that is my problem not the font.
In DialogScriptInfo.xml you include SelectionDialogBG that is 620x360 for script output I think you should use the whole screen. It will not mess up the layout because you only bring this window up when you are debugging things.
I'll look into it

- mrz - 2008-08-20

Ooh I C!

With;

</include>

<include name="ClockFGText">
</include>

e.g xx on both the clock shadow is aligned in all languages.

On the list / infolist it could very well be a XBMC thing. When a folder is unknown which is always the case with a WEB driven plugin it defaults to list view. You can then change to infolist perfectly OK and if you come back to the same folder ie http link the skin/XBMC will remember the layout that was selected last time. My point was that infolist would be a nicer default view for any well programmed plugin. If I use Python to force infolist view I sort of kill XBMCs function of remembering the preferred view (or I have to do DB lookups to check if there is a preferred view or not)

On the script output, a big thank you.

MrZ