Kodi Community Forum
Bugs and Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: MediaStream (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Thread: Bugs and Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=35702)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Additional list option - mindweaver - 2008-08-21

The skin is next to amazing! Great work.

I hope to switch from Basics Vision to this.

One thing I am missing though is an additional list option. That will be the "Full list". There is so much space that goes to waste when you don't have media icons for i.e. your music.

Please make a full list option. at least for music + images. Make it full width to make room for long filenames and get rid of "no media miniature".

Something like this: (with your brilliant graphics of course)

Then it would be perfect!

- bufferjg - 2008-08-22

Hey guys, love the new skin. I'm only experiencing two problems with it. I have the newest t3ch build.. and the problems I'm having.. the font is too small to read comfortably even when larger is enabled.. and I'm notiching the fast-forward/skip/etc control's don't work at all. Otherwise, I'm loving it. Very nice.

Suggestion - built in screen saver - joebrady - 2008-08-22

I know that there is already a pictures slideshow screensaver. But, I had an idea to slide the main bar alll the way to the left after a period of inactivity, leaving up the clock, weather and rss feeds, but leaving plenty of room for backdrops to scroll and be viewed completely. It'd kinda be like the 'auto hide task bar' in windows. Just a thought

- Zak - 2008-08-23

JayBird Wrote:Ive have just started using mediastream and the only thing that i can't seem to figure out (dont know if it is a bug or not) is that when adding a new source, i get the following screen...

I can browse for a server, then once i have done that, i can't scroll down past the "shared folder" input, so it is impossible for me to select "ok"
I can confirm this bug.
I was able to browse for a share but the fields "username" and "password" are not selectable, neither is "ok".
I'm not sure if this is an XBMC or MediaStream bug.
Is anyone able to add SMB sources without problems?

- Zak - 2008-08-23

Why can't I edit my post?
Anyways, it must be a MediaStream bug since it works fine in PM3.
My guess (as a developer) is that MediaStream doesn't allow scrolling over disabled fields, in this case "Port".
Please fix this, it makes adding SMB sources impossible.

- rocket34psp - 2008-08-23

Zak Wrote:I can confirm this bug.
I was able to browse for a share but the fields "username" and "password" are not selectable, neither is "ok".
I'm not sure if this is an XBMC or MediaStream bug.
Is anyone able to add SMB sources without problems?

I can also confirm this bug. The way I am working around this is going back into default skin for XBMC and adding my sources there, then switching to Mediastream.

Another issue I am having is playing DVD movies from network drive. I select the movie and it just sits there. Select it again and it hangs the xbox. I am able to play DVD movies if I go back into the default XBMC skin.

Keep up the great work on the skin.

- willers.nail - 2008-08-23

Im also confirming this bug when trying to add sources on xbox.

- bbkmods - 2008-08-23

I also can confirm this. I really want to give this skin a try, but it is really no good to me if I can't add any network places. I could go into another skin and do all the adding then come back to this skin, but I think i'll wait for this bug to be fixed first. Once it is fixed. I'll start clicking around and look for more bugs. It's looking very promising though. Great job!!

- The-Boxhead - 2008-08-23

it should be fixed but it's in no way such a problem that it can prevent
any from using the skin ? c'mon do you guys add sources on a daily basis ?
i add five sources first time i set it up. that is one add during half a year. !
No problem to add sources with mediastream, use the mouse Wink

- bbkmods - 2008-08-24

I add more sources all of the time. I continue to explore the power and flexability of the original Xbox. There are many plugins that I try out and even update and I continue to add a network places in my home on a needed basis. On my network I have 4 terabytes of information spread out through 6 Xboxs, 2 NAS, 3 Laptops, 1 Xbox 360, and 2 PC's to grab media from. I have different ways that I try to personalize my XBMC setup, and being able to add a source conveinently and when I want to, is important to me. This is a bug and I do hope it gets looked into soon.

- hasselhof - 2008-08-24

Hi,

great skin thank you

- max-power - 2008-08-24

Hi, sorry I know this is for bugs and this maybe a little user error.

When I switched over to the media stream all the text went on top of itself. Simular to a bug reported when a file is too long.

When I boot my system goes into the video menu and this looks to work. However when go to the main menu I have the background pic of a mountain but no text at all.. and I have to reboot to get anywhere.

Any ideas?

- bobrooney_78 - 2008-08-24

+1

I would also like a view without the media icons. Any chances? Otherwise i have to set it up on my own.

Mediastream is now my default skin btw. Smile

mindweaver Wrote:The skin is next to amazing! Great work.

I hope to switch from Basics Vision to this.

One thing I am missing though is an additional list option. That will be the "Full list". There is so much space that goes to waste when you don't have media icons for i.e. your music.

Please make a full list option. at least for music + images. Make it full width to make room for long filenames and get rid of "no media miniature".

Something like this: (with your brilliant graphics of course)

Then it would be perfect!

- michal - 2008-08-25

Did anyone ever figure out if it's possible to add a network source with MediaStream?

As at the latest version on an Xbox and under Linux I can't navigate to the OK button (or below the level of the Server / Browse buttons for that matter) in the MediaStream skin even though I can do so if I switch to the PM3 skin (on both platforms).

My new skin choice for Xbox!!! - wantin2mod - 2008-08-25

I downloaded this skin with T3CH's release of XBMC, version 15026. I never even knew this skin existed and I'm so glad that I've found out about it!!!Shocked
It is so crisp and clear on my 32" LCD TV running 720p, it's amazing!!!
Without doubt it is my new skin of choice! I really appreciate all the time and effort that has gone into this so all of us could enjoy a new and intriguing look on XBMC!! Cool

An issue I've noticed with this is when I viewing the Apple Movie Trailers, in "Category Select" view, I show a category menu with no genre's present. Upon clicking the available blank slot/genre, I am then taken to another view for that blank available slot/genre, i.g. Newest, Romance, Horror, Comedy, Action, etc.. The thumbnails show up fine and all seems to work appropriately. It's just when I go to the "Category Select" view, I see no fonts to describe the corresponding genre. Did I miss something here?

In addition to this fantastic skin, I think a timer should be added to the shutdown icons listed, "Shutdown, Restart, Reload XBMC, Refresh Skin, and Dashboard". Like the "Shutdown Timer" that is available in the skin of Blackbolt's MC360. I think this would be a simple change (maybe? I don't know) that would make this skin that much more customizable.

Fantastic and Great!!!!! Thanks for this much needed and desired skin.

Regards,
wantin2mod