Kodi Community Forum
Bugs and Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: MediaStream (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Thread: Bugs and Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=35702)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

- yellowman - 2008-08-26

Is it possible to have the posters in AMT with less alpha or tint. As it is now(at least for me), it´s very hard to see them at all unless they are selected.

See:
http://oos.moxiecode.com/temp/xbmc/amt_alpha.jpg

Or can I change this myself somehow? In that case, where?

Running 0.87 btw.
Thanks!

- unseen - 2008-08-26

i really wish this awesome skin gets a sleeptimer function.

- skunkm0nkee - 2008-08-26

mindweaver Wrote:One thing I am missing though is an additional list option. That will be the "Full list". There is so much space that goes to waste when you don't have media icons for i.e. your music.

Please make a full list option. at least for music + images. Make it full width to make room for long filenames and get rid of "no media miniature".

Something like this: (with your brilliant graphics of course)

An option to hide the thumbs in the common list view has been added and will be in the next release

- skunkm0nkee - 2008-08-26

Zak Wrote:I can confirm this bug.
I was able to browse for a share but the fields "username" and "password" are not selectable, neither is "ok".
I'm not sure if this is an XBMC or MediaStream bug.
Is anyone able to add SMB sources without problems?

This should now be fixed for the next release

- mindweaver - 2008-08-26

skunkm0nkee Wrote:An option to hide the thumbs in the common list view has been added and will be in the next release

Excellent! Thanks alot!

- michal - 2008-08-27

I swear I have seen this in some other skin (I thought it was MC360 but looking now I couldn't find it).

An option to skip the category views for TV Shows and Movies when going back from within the Title category. In practice this would work the same as hitting the Menu button so that you return to the main menu when you hit the back button from within the TV Show or Movies option.

Would it be possible to have a switch to enable this sort of behavior for the skin? I find that some people get lost when they go into the category view (older people especially).

- michal - 2008-08-27

Actually the "flatten" option goes 99% of the way there doesn't it? Any chance of a "flatten more" or to make it cleaner a 3 way toggle for flatten? On/Off/More (don't know how best to label/describe it).

- skunkm0nkee - 2008-08-27

michal Wrote:I swear I have seen this in some other skin (I thought it was MC360 but looking now I couldn't find it).

An option to skip the category views for TV Shows and Movies when going back from within the Title category. In practice this would work the same as hitting the Menu button so that you return to the main menu when you hit the back button from within the TV Show or Movies option.

Would it be possible to have a switch to enable this sort of behavior for the skin? I find that some people get lost when they go into the category view (older people especially).

This isn't something that the skin can control. We can control what level you go into when selecting Movies or TV Shows etc but once you are in there the levels that are available to you (by navigating up or down the hierarchy) are controlled by XBMC itself. If you want to stop certain levels being navigable then you'll need to make a feature request for XBMC itself.

- mindweaver - 2008-08-27

Nice with a new version!

Thanks for adding my suggested option "* Added: Option to hide thumbs in List view". It looks the way I want but there is one problem. You have added it as a global option. This destroys the lists where I actually want thumbs Smile as in movies (cover art) and so forth.

Sorry to be a pain in the ass. But could you re do it so that it can be set on a folder by folder basis instead? As an actual List view option like . "Wide list" or something? What would be great.

And I found a bug with this. When pulling up a menu (GUIDE/right click) when hide thumbs is set, the menu displays off screen. I can only see some parts of it.

Thanks again for your hard work!

*That would be great

(seems that you can't edit posts)

- Colvs - 2008-08-27

Just found a bug with version 0.88. When highlighting a file and pressing the white button, be it music or tv show or whatever, I can only see half the context menu over to the left of the screen. The other half is actually off the screen.

- skunkm0nkee - 2008-08-27

mindweaver Wrote:Thanks for adding my suggested option "* Added: Option to hide thumbs in List view". It looks the way I want but there is one problem. You have added it as a global option. This destroys the lists where I actually want thumbs Smile as in movies (cover art) and so forth.

Sorry to be a pain in the ass. But could you re do it so that it can be set on a folder by folder basis instead? As an actual List view option like . "Wide list" or something? What would be great.
Sorry that isn't likely. We can only have a max of 10 views available at any one time so having 3 list views (List, Info List and Wide List) is not really a good idea. What I could do is split the option out so that there is an option for music and a separate option for videos?

mindweaver Wrote:And I found a bug with this. When pulling up a menu (GUIDE/right click) when hide thumbs is set, the menu displays off screen. I can only see some parts of it.

Oops! Is now fixed for the next release

Colvs Wrote:Just found a bug with version 0.88. When highlighting a file and pressing the white button, be it music or tv show or whatever, I can only see half the context menu over to the left of the screen. The other half is actually off the screen.

This is the same issue that mindweaver just posted above. Has been fixed for the next release

- Colvs - 2008-08-27

Thanks skunk, you're a scholar and a gentleman!!

While I'm here, a small request if I may? Is it possible to change the graphic for the 'back' button in all menus from the current 'no thumb' graphic to some sort of arrow as in PMIII? I just think it would look a lot better and also be less confusing for novice users.

skunkm0nkee Wrote:Sorry that isn't likely. We can only have a max of 10 views available at any one time so having 3 list views (List, Info List and Wide List) is not really a good idea. What I could do is split the option out so that there is an option for music and a separate option for videos?

Ah ok. Just though it was possible since Jess X was able to put it into Basics Vision when I asked. Is it possible to put it on a folder to folder case? An option that I can mark?

Like now you have a global option. Let's say I click it and let it turn all my "List" into lists without a thumbnail. Then you add an option on folders (the menu that appears when I click left > in a folder.) where I can enable thumbs for just that folder.

Your idea to be able to separate it for music/videos/photos would also be a nice addition to the idea I just wrote.

There is also Two more things I found.

1. I don't know if this counts as a feature suggestion or a bug. But when you close a video file, there is a default bookmark created so that when you play the video again you can select it and it plays the video from where you stopped. In your skin there is no thumb/icon visible for that bookmark. So it looks like there is none made even though there is Smile please put a default bookmark icon on it.

2. When in a video and browsing for subtitles the view that comes up contains bigass folder icons Smile Is it possible to make this a list view instead? It would be much easier to browse.

- Aenima99x - 2008-08-27

skunkm0nkee Wrote:This isn't something that the skin can control. We can control what level you go into when selecting Movies or TV Shows etc but once you are in there the levels that are available to you (by navigating up or down the hierarchy) are controlled by XBMC itself. If you want to stop certain levels being navigable then you'll need to make a feature request for XBMC itself.
This is something that I've been fighting with as well. Angry
I use a Harmony remote and what I've done at this point are 2 things -
1. created a custom button on my remote called "Home Menu" that maps to XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)
2. mapped the "exit" button on my remote to the "ParentDir" command in my keymap.xml

This allows me to navigate down into say Music\Artist\Album\Songs and then back up the folder structure using the exit (parentdir) button. Once I get back to the Artists level, then I can use my custom button to take me back to the main screen (of course I can use the custom button anywhere in the structure also to get me back to the main screen as well).

I've brought this up a couple times and the devs have said that there is no way around this at this time. I'm trying to work something out with more custom keymapping and will post any new info I find.