Kodi Community Forum
Bugs and Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: MediaStream (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Thread: Bugs and Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=35702)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

- Wir3d - 2008-09-03

Aucard The 3rd Wrote:alright i tried the code change and no difference, so i posted a video on youtube to better show whats going on in media stream, keep in mind i just posted it so it may not be ready for viewing yet as it is still being processed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7euEFCPV1FI

Well atleast AMT is working for you now. There have been several big updates so im not surprised you ran into issues.

Regarding the TV Shows,
It appears you don't have any TV Shows in your library??
It should be an option in your list to select from.

It doesn't matter what the names of the folders are inside your source.
Just make sure you select a TV scraper.

Hope this makes sense.

- Aucard The 3rd - 2008-09-03

so wait, what you are saying even though i don't have a TV show copied onto my xbox yet it will still have that issue? so if i copied over my Stargate sg1 season 1 set onto my box and put it into my television folder it will then work? just to clear up, what is TV Scraper?

- Wir3d - 2008-09-03

Aucard The 3rd Wrote:so wait, what you are saying even though i don't have a TV show copied onto my xbox yet it will still have that issue? so if i copied over my Stargate sg1 season 1 set onto my box and put it into my television folder it will then work? just to clear up, what is TV Scraper?

Once you create the source and add the folder containing your shows, click on the Content button. Then select TVdb.com scraper and scan the items to your library.

Really this is more of a user problem than skin related so if you don't mind lets move this to the XBMC support area. Good luck!

Thanks

- Aucard The 3rd - 2008-09-03

Wir3d Wrote:Once you create the source and add the folder containing your shows, click on the Content button. Then select TVdb.com scraper and scan the items to your library.

Really this is more of a user problem than skin related so if you don't mind lets move this to the XBMC support area. Good luck!

Thanks

Ok as far as the tv issue goes i did copy disk one of the pretender season 1 onto my box in the tv folder and it did pick it up however..... when i go to tv shows in the home menu and highlight the pretender it says on the right of it 0 episodes, but if i go through video selection in the home page a go from there it plays fine. personally i would just like if it when i'm in the video section and i go to the folder for my movies or tv shows that it can post the same info about the show in there as it would in the movie or tv show menu from the home page.

- michal - 2008-09-03

Aucard,

Like mentioned in the previous post this has nothing to do with the MediaStream skin or indeed ANY skin and is a question you should ask in the general forum.

Indeed your question was also answered in the previous post. When you go into videos from the main menu you are in "file" mode by ddefault and when you go into "tv shows" or "movies" from the main menu you are in "library" mode by default. This is exactly the way it should be and the way any sane person would want it. You need to add the files you can see in the file view to your library (essentially a database) so that you can see them in library view using the "set content" context menu item.

You can find more information about this here:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Video_Library

Once again. This has nothing to do with the MediaStream skin.

Good luck.

- mindweaver - 2008-09-03

skunkm0nkee Wrote:2 new options will be available in the next release to allow you to turn off thumbs for videos or music separately. (The current global setting is still there and will override the other two if it is set)

Lovely Smile thanks!

- max-power - 2008-09-04

Sorry to keep banging on about this but I'd really super doper appreciate just a quick hand in getting this skin off my box.

Does anyone know if this skin would change my IP and if so to what?

Or... how do I create a bootable disk? just burn xbmc to a disk with the XBE in the root?

- xbs08 - 2008-09-04

Skins do not change IP's.
Just copy the XBMC folder to the xbox hdd.

amazing skin - keeganl - 2008-09-04

I never thought i would quit using aeon as my default skin, but i love mediastream. I have one small suggestion. It is more of a personal preference so take it as you will. I was thinking that one the home screen, the fanart, full screen playback and the visualizations are being cut off by the navigation blade. Would be possible to put a slight transparency on the menu blade? I am completely ignorant to doing this or i would do it myself. As I mentioned earlier, this is just a personal preference. Otherwise thanks for an amazing skin.

- skunkm0nkee - 2008-09-04

keeganl Wrote:I never thought i would quit using aeon as my default skin, but i love mediastream. I have one small suggestion. It is more of a personal preference so take it as you will. I was thinking that one the home screen, the fanart, full screen playback and the visualizations are being cut off by the navigation blade. Would be possible to put a slight transparency on the menu blade? I am completely ignorant to doing this or i would do it myself. As I mentioned earlier, this is just a personal preference. Otherwise thanks for an amazing skin.

Nope, fading of that blade isn't really possible due to the way that menu works - there are multiple layers making up that menu for the fades and sub-menus and the black colouring is needed to cover up all the stuff from showing through

- thonton - 2008-09-04

following situation:
Mediastream Gui in 720p
Video Playback 1080i

works so far very well.
Small Bug: When i start a video and press the "title" button on the remote, the informations an clock are displayed in 720p size (to large). when i once press "pause" and then title, the clock and the information are showing in correct 1080i size.

second small bug: on first starting the xbox/xbmc the weather-information doesnt load on the home screen, but "Show Weather on Home" is activated. after refreshing the weather, it will be showed correctly.

Request of a small improvment: it would be nice, to see the weather-town on the home-screen.

thanks Team Razorfish for this really impressive skin, i love it.

- thonton - 2008-09-04

Edit: after installing the t3ch release (sep 1st) with mediastream skin, weather update on startup seems to work.

- max-power - 2008-09-05

Sorry to keep banging on about this but I'd really super doper appreciate just a quick hand in getting this skin off my box.

Or... how do I create a bootable disk? just burn xbmc to a disk with the XBE in the root?

- mindweaver - 2008-09-05

max-power Wrote:Sorry to keep banging on about this but I'd really super doper appreciate just a quick hand in getting this skin off my box.

As someone else said before.. Skins do not change your IP, hense MediaStream will not change your IP.

What do you mean by getting it "off" your box? Delete it? Just FTP to the box and delete the "MediaStream" folder in skins dir.

Don't know about bootable xbmc. That seems off topic.

- Hitcher - 2008-09-05

I've moved 'Now Playing' to the right of the Home screen -

As you can see I haven't figured out how to give it a background, or make it scroll right like the Weather, but I think it looks a lot better there as it doesn't cover up the bottom Home scroller item.
What does anyone else think?