Kodi Community Forum
Bugs and Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: MediaStream (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Thread: Bugs and Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=35702)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

- Waffa - 2008-09-07

With indicator jump search (right thumbstick/controller xbox) I meant this in PMIII.

Wide icon layout, not with info but multiple icons, like this in PMIII.

Thanx for the skin works excellent, like the extra lyrics in the skin use it a lot.Big Grin

- yellowman - 2008-09-07

neonerz Wrote:1) When viewing videos, if I set the view to Info List, all I see is the movie cover, and a blank space where the info should be. I know my info is scanned correctly (posters are is showing on everything, and I didn't manually add any of them) and if I press the white button, and then go to Movie Information, it shows me all the correct info.

Are you sure you're in Library mode and not File mode? In File mode, none of the movie-info is shown.

- skunkm0nkee - 2008-09-07

neonerz Wrote:I'm having two issues I can't figure out. I was running .88 from the newest t3ch release, and now .90 that was just released today, and both having the same problem. I did a fresh install of .90, just saving my font.xml and home.xml (i changed all the font sizes up 5pt's and inside home, I just edited where Video's and TV Shows went to), also when I copied over the newest t3ch release, that also was a fresh install (except I kept my User Data folder so I wouldn't have to rerun all my content again).

1) When viewing videos, if I set the view to Info List, all I see is the movie cover, and a blank space where the info should be. I know my info is scanned correctly (posters are is showing on everything, and I didn't manually add any of them) and if I press the white button, and then go to Movie Information, it shows me all the correct info.

2) I don't get any RSS feeds. I see the box at the bottom of the screen where it should scroll through, but nothing shows up.

I don't think it's a XBMC misconfiguration because RSS feeds work on PMIII, but what do I know? Can anyone help?

Have you tried with a fresh install of the v0.90 skin? (without your additional changes) If it works then the issue is with your changes

- neonerz - 2008-09-07

I didn't know it only worked in Library mode, that seems to work. I had a couple issues with Library mode to begin with (on PMIII also) so I think I'm going to kill my User Data folder and do complete fresh installs of both (XBMC and Media Stream).

Thanks for your help.

BTW, I've been using XBMC since it first came out, and this is by far my favorite skin, MAJOR kudo's go to the devs!

- Hitcher - 2008-09-07

Hitcher Wrote:I think I've suggested it before but can you add 'Now playing' to the 'Weather' please?
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Sorry, didn't realise it wasn't there. Has now been added for next release Big Grin
Thank you.Wink

- neonerz - 2008-09-07

Got everything perfect except RSS. I've looked through the settings, but can't find anything. The only setting I found was an option to turn it on and off, and I confirmed its on.

I have to be missing something....?

- skunkm0nkee - 2008-09-08

dteirney Wrote:Are there any plans to fix the problem with lists selecting the top video instead of leaving the video that was just playing selected?

It's causing a lot of frustration and the WAF is getting lower each night.

The 0.89 release has this problem and I was hoping it might not be too hard to resolve.

Did a bit of testing after the v0.90 release and I think we may have cracked this issue, can you have a check on the latest version and confirm it's now fixed?

Thanks

- psike - 2008-09-08

Some suggestions...

1. Episodes and season view need a scrollbar or at least adding season view the effect like in episodes view.
http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/8558/screenshot003dh7.png
the effect in "Tin Man"".

2. Fanart in Home screen get cut because of menu. maybe adding transparency to the menu.

3. When using fanart folder I'd like to see them on the home screen but not for movies without any fanart.
Home screen -Movies fanart folder
Movies - Fanart from scrapper. if there is no fanart available then the theater chairs background.

psike Wrote:1. Episodes and season view need a scrollbar or at least adding season view the effect like in episodes view.
http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/8558/screenshot003dh7.png
the effect in "Tin Man"".
Will add it to our suggestions list

psike Wrote:2. Fanart in Home screen get cut because of menu. maybe adding transparency to the menu.
Has been suggested a few times but is not possible with the way the home screen works

psike Wrote:3. When using fanart folder I'd like to see them on the home screen but not for movies without any fanart.
Home screen -Movies fanart folder
Movies - Fanart from scrapper. if there is no fanart available then the theater chairs background.

Not sure I understand, are you saying you want to see movie fanart on the Home screen? If so then this isn't possible since the fanart is attached to the movies in the library and the home screen has no reference to those. If you want to see movie images on the home screen then you can update the Skin Settings to point to a folder with movie images in it

- psike - 2008-09-08

skunkm0nkee Wrote:Not sure I understand, are you saying you want to see movie fanart on the Home screen? If so then this isn't possible since the fanart is attached to the movies in the library and the home screen has no reference to those. If you want to see movie images on the home screen then you can update the Skin Settings to point to a folder with movie images in it

The setting point to a folder with movie/fanart images and it shown in home screen. but it also shown for movies that have no fanart, i want for movies with no fanart to show the basic background image.

hope it's more clear now.

psike Wrote:i want for movies with no fanart to show the basic background image.

This is what it already does?

- psike - 2008-09-08

skunkm0nkee Wrote:This is what it already does?

No.
Now it's shows me the images from the directory i've set in the setting, the same as in the home screen.

- Hitcher - 2008-09-08

psike Wrote:The setting point to a folder with movie/fanart images and it shown in home screen. but it also shown for movies that have no fanart, i want for movies with no fanart to show the basic background image.

hope it's more clear now.

If you could source that image you could use it for those movies as their fanart but at the moment it's in the protected textures.xml.

Maybe the team could post it for us (and also the TV Shows one) if we asked them nicely. Please?

Aha, now I think I get it!

You want to have it cycle through images from a folder on the home screen but within the movies views you don't want to see them (you want it to use the default folder when there is no fanart). Is that right?

I don't think it's a good idea to use the default background as the fanart as that will be a separate image and will just use up more memory. A better way around it would be to add a different option (like the one that says use custom backgrounds on home) which allows you to specify whether or not you want to use custom backgrounds on movie views.

Does that make sense?

Waffa Wrote:With indicator jump search (right thumbstick/controller xbox) I meant this in PMIII.

I think I've added this for the next release (don't have a gamepad to test it so you'll have to let me know how you get on when it's released)