Kodi Community Forum
Bugs and Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: MediaStream (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Thread: Bugs and Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=35702)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

- Wir3d - 2008-10-01

maui917 Wrote:Here is screenshots of Aeon that show both episode and show views.

http://www.aeonproject.com/gallery.html

No need to post spam in here Laugh

- FourTwentySmilz - 2008-10-01

I like that Team RazorFish is considering new veiws for poster art, but what about veiws for people who use DVD Box Icons ( like the ones found on MediaIcons.org ). Is there any veiws or skin options that could be added to compliment that style?

I enjoy the look of the Tilted DVD Boxes and find it to be a much "cleaner" look for me, but a tilted DVD Box looks very sloppy when it is framed or boxed in.

Any way that Team RazorFish could consider something in their skin to further compliment the Tilted DVD Box style icons?

- skunkm0nkee - 2008-10-01

FourTwentySmilz Wrote:I like that Team RazorFish is considering new veiws for poster art, but what about veiws for people who use DVD Box Icons ( like the ones found on MediaIcons.org ). Is there any veiws or skin options that could be added to compliment that style?

I enjoy the look of the Tilted DVD Boxes and find it to be a much "cleaner" look for me, but a tilted DVD Box looks very sloppy when it is framed or boxed in.

Any way that Team RazorFish could consider something in their skin to further compliment the Tilted DVD Box style icons?

Can you post a screenshot of MediaStream with your tilted thumbs so we can get an idea of what we are working from?

Video playing inconsistent and buggy - ears - 2008-10-01

Hello,

First of all I'd just like to say great skin, fantastic design I really appreciate your work.

I'm using 0.92 at the moment but have also used several previous versions. I'm on the latest T3ch release of XBMC and it's solely installed on the Xbox, installed after a fresh format of a new 80gb HDD.

I have searched through the forum for info on this but haven't found any. Apologies if I've missed it.

I seem to have problems playing video files and it only seems to happen when using the MediaStream skin. Video files can abruptly stop playing at random points even though the cache is at 80%. Also when using the left, right, up and down arrow buttons on the remote to jump forward and back, the video abruptly stops after I've done it. The same happens with fast forward and rewind. It seems to happen more with TS files recorded from satellite streams than anything else.

Also after opening maybe 3 or 4 video files in a row, it just stops opening video files altogether and does nothing when I try to play them. If I restart XBMC from the power menu then all is well for the next 3 or 4 videos, then it stops playing them again.

I've tested extensively when using other skins (xTV, Focus, PM3) and it never happens. All of the videos are from network shares on either a samba NAS share (direct cable link through a switch) or a Windows share on a PC (wireless connection but solid and good bandwidth).

I don't see how it can be your skin, especially as nobody else seems to have mentioned it, but I can't get around the fact that it never happens unless I'm using MediaStream.

Hope you can help, or categorically tell me that it's nothing to do with MediaStream. Either response would be appreciated!

Thanks.

- Hitcher - 2008-10-01

skunkm0nkee Wrote:Can you postt a screenshot of MediaStream with your tilted thumbs so we can get an idea of what we are working from?

These ones I guess -

http://mediaicons.org/

Main Title Font - FragMenthor - 2008-10-01

I still have trouble with (at least) one character of the main title font (CAPS) (used in Portuguese language):

"É" apears as "È".

Is there a quick fix?

Thanks,
FragMenthor

- skunkm0nkee - 2008-10-01

Hitcher Wrote:These ones I guess -

http://mediaicons.org/

Hehe, I was meaning post a screenshot of the skin with those type of posters in place. So that it shows us what it currently looks like so we can work out what should be changed to get it to work better with that type of thumb. Laugh

Here are links to all the veiws in my movie catagory, including both versions of "Media Preveiw".....

Media Preveiw

Media Preveiw 2

List

Info List

Showcase

Panel Stream

- Hitcher - 2008-10-01

FourTwentySmilz Wrote:I enjoy the look of the Tilted DVD Boxes and find it to be a much "cleaner" look for me, but a tilted DVD Box looks very sloppy when it is framed or boxed in.

You're right, titled icons don't suit a frame at all.

Maybe just an option to not display frames is all that's needed?

Maybe an animation to "pull" the DVD Box forward or inlarge it, to show which movie is highlighted. I'll work on a mock up and post to show you what is in my head.....LOL

- FourTwentySmilz - 2008-10-02

This is just a quick mock up of what I was thinking.....
Lets you have a full veiw of the fanart, shows the movie info in the lower left and inlarges the DVD Box to show highlighted movie ( as apposed to the frame ).

settings issues - McFly371 - 2008-10-02

I'm not sure where to post this, but here it goes. I really havn't touched my xbox in a while. Yesterday I upgraded my xbmc which was way out of date. Now, when i go to settings and click anything(video, music, pics, programs, etc.) the screen goes blank. I can still hear the cursor moving when i move the d pad but no image on the screen. Any help would be appreciated.

- migueld - 2008-10-02

I kinda like these icons, but as I go to their site, I see that they are just 128x128. That's too small for the type of usage given in XBMC. They also include a shadow which restricts their usage. Ie if the skinner wants the skin to have a reflection instead of a shadow then he might run intro trouble. Also the tilt is fixed.

So what I was thinking is, if there are enough requests for this type of view/icon: what if media stream could generate these icons dynamically using existing artwork? There would need to be an implementation that tilts the artwork and puts it into a box-shaped 3D form. The side of the box would be made automatically to include the movie name, with colors according to context (similar to fanart). Then media stream could manipulate the tilting as it wished.

I realize that this would be very tough to achieve, but the advantages is that anyone could use this view, not just those who get the media from mediaicons.org/, with the added bonus of more quality and flexibility.

- FourTwentySmilz - 2008-10-02

As you can see from the pics I have posted, the shadows do not effect the look ( or the reflections ) of the UI. And if you read my previous posts.....I requested this for those of us who do use these icons......not for someone else to pick apart or to suggest that MORE work should be put into scripting to achive a tilted icon. These icons are already tilted, they look great on my 42" LCD flat panel TV in the veiws that I like using, and what I'm asking would only be a slight modificaton of an already existing veiw.

- chippie - 2008-10-02

FourTwentySmilz Wrote:As you can see from the pics I have posted, the shadows do not effect the look ( or the reflections ) of the UI. And if you read my previous posts.....I requested this for those of us who do use these icons......not for someone else to pick apart or to suggest that MORE work should be put into scripting to achive a tilted icon. These icons are already tilted, they look great on my 42" LCD flat panel TV in the veiws that I like using, and what I'm asking would only be a slight modificaton of an already existing veiw.

FourTwentySmilz, I hardly think that migueld was picking apart your suggestion, he was just expressing his view, which, lets face is what forums are all about, right.

However, I have to agree with him, I have just loaded some of the icons and well, for me at least they look pretty bad on my 1080p screen compared to higher res art. But if you are happy with them then that is great.

On the second point, and I am by no means a developer so I have no idea how difficult it would be to have the view generated dynamically but it would give a much more appealing result. Also it would leave you the option to use other views (as migueld suggests) which utilise much larger thumbs, views which would look terrible with the 128x128 icons. I think that if any work has to go in to this then it should be done properly and in a way that gives benefits to all users of MediaStream.

I hope you find an easy solution to your request but as migueld suggests, if there is enough buyin then perhaps the devs will look into a more pleasent solution for all users of MediaStream.

Oh, and I have not forgotten that you may have to download new art for all your movies but just think of the benfits you would have going forward if you ever wanted to try a different view.