Kodi Community Forum
Bugs and Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: MediaStream (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Thread: Bugs and Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=35702)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

- KidKiwi - 2008-08-14

I'd like to qualify me comment about the move to a right-hand home menu.

You are correct that with the submenu blades the option doesn't work. Personally, I like the top menu right-justified but calling the submenus DOES mess with the look.

I've d/l'd the new version but haven't had a chance to install it yet - so haven't checked out the shift to left-justified.

I rarely use the home page anyway as all my locations are setup on the remote. Regardless of the menu position it's a great skin. With an added "Wall view" it will certainly become my default. You guys do great work Nod

- KidKiwi - 2008-08-14

Just had a chance to check out the updated version on XBMC_PC. Very nice.

I know you guys are looking at a "Wall view", but is there any consideration for a "Media Preview" in the TVshow side? I think it would look great at the episode level, having the episode thumbs scroll below while the info displays above.

Also, has anyone suggested that the view overlays auto-hide to display the background image (I couldn't find any comments)? Maybe auto-hide after a preset time (user adjustable) and also with a specific button press. The overlay wouldn't have to be completely hidden - maybe reduce/slide into an icon that shows some type of action is needed to restore the overlay. When in this position, any button press on remote/keybd/controller brings it back. Even the home menu would be nice to auto-hide to better background veiwing.

One thing that I would find nice at present - until a wall view appears - its for the "Media Preview" title text to always display when scrolling flatout (the Showcase view already does this). Using "Media Preview" when looking for a title with a large library you have to recognise the cover as the above text disappears when scrolling flatout. If the title stays displayed when scrolling flatout, I can use this displayed title to know when I'm at a certain letter in the alphabet, so I can then slow down and look for the specific title. Hope this makes sense. Again, great skin.

- chrislee149 - 2008-08-14

skunkm0nkee Wrote:Have you tried pushing left or right?
Yes, I believe so. This was on the Xbox, by the way. It seems to work fine in Plex.

- skunkm0nkee - 2008-08-14

skunkm0nkee Wrote:Sorry I must have missed this one originally! Yep, "Browse for New Share" is not the right title. Will have a look into this

The title for the select dialog (when searching for actors etc) has now been fixed for the next release

- Pundy - 2008-08-14

Two issues I'd reported in Plex forums - just putting in here for sake of completeness...

1. When playing a tv show, exiting it (or letting it finish) will go back to the select episode screen, but the position of the selected episode is reset to the first one in the list. Would be good to remember which episode you were on.

2. In Apple Movie Trailer plugin, selecting Genre from the menu gives a blank window - I can't change to a different genre.

- MikeBeecham - 2008-08-14

Pundy...are you experiencing these issues in XBMC or Plex? If Plex then I'm sorry but it's not supported by us. Any issues with the skin that you may find using in Plex, but do not find in XBMC will be due to the code and 'skinning engine' of Plex itself.

The skin is provided to Plex "as is", and is not supported on that platform by either Team Razorfish or the Official XBMC Skinning team. For those issues you will have to refer to the Plex team I'm afraid. If this is NOT the case (being an XBMC issue), then we'll take a look!

Thanks

Mike

- maui917 - 2008-08-14

I was really playing around with the Skin last night and first things first, Great work!!! Seriously this is a fantastic skin, the team should really be proud of creating a great piece of work.

Now onto a few suggestions, and that is what these are just suggestions so take them or leave them at that.

First I know there has been some discussion about what views to have and where, but I would love a showcase, or coverflow type of view in "videos" and "music". I have video sources that aren't going to scan to the library (mainly skateboarding and snowboarding videos) but I have nice "DVD cover" style thumbs set up for them and would love to see them in that kind of view.

Next because I have other video sources, Kids Shows, Snowboard Videos etc... I really like to add them to my home page, makes it easy for my kids to browse to them and watch their own shows etc... I can edit the xml myself to add this like I have done with other skins before, but I was thinking it would be really cool if you created the option to add custom additions to the home page. I don't know how realistic this is, but AEON does something similar how ever you can't choose a custom title for the addition, you just have to edit "clips" and "adult" in the XML.

So here is my design idea, you have the ability to disable several menu's on the home page, so you have an option to add custom menus. First you would be presented with a choice of what type of media you are adding, Audio, Video, Games, based on that choice the skin would display "watch your" or "listen to" or "play" above the title of the new menu. Next you would enter a custom title for the menu ie... Kids Shows, Snowboard Movies, Adult, Audio Books, Games, Arcade etc..., the third choice is to direct the custom menu to a source that has already been set up.

Next it would be a great to be able to customize where each menu points... so for example if I wanted to set up "music" to go right to my "music" source so it just cuts out one click instead of going to the "my music" page and then selecting my music source to open it.

I realize the are highly customizable suggestions, and that this probably doesn't cater to the broadest user base, but it would be a great addition I think, as I don't think I am the only person with sources, other than TV and Movies that I like to have on the home page. My other hope would be if these options were built into the skin, then it would increase the updatability, with out having to go in and edit XML's etc... every time I update the skin, which is sounds like may be quite often if it's included in the T3CH builds.

Once again just a few ideas I had, but over all great skin!!

That level of cusomisation is unlikely to happen, the amount of coding that would go into that, it would probably be easier to train every user to code it themselves Oo

Hitcher Wrote:I'm still getting split second flashes of whatever is the default background when you first boot up.

With everything enabled XBMC boots to the Videos selection - when leaving Music the Video background flashes up briefly.

On my config (Videos and Programs disabled) XBMC boot to the TV Shows selection - this time the TV Show background flashes up briefly when exiting Movies and Music.

I noticed the flash not long after we released the latest version and have fixed it (again) but if you have either programs or music disabled there is still a flash. My current thinking is to change the order of the items in the main menu to have the most common stuff at the start of the list (I'm thinking most people will keep settings, power and music) which will then reduce the likelihood of the flash coming back (if I make it so those 3 so they can't be removed then I remove the flash problem completely)

- maui917 - 2008-08-14

That is what I assumed, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

- xeonicxpression - 2008-08-14

skunkm0nkee Wrote:I noticed the flash not long after we released the latest version and have fixed it (again) but if you have either programs or music disabled there is still a flash. My current thinking is to change the order of the items in the main menu to have the most common stuff at the start of the list (I'm thinking most people will keep settings, power and music) which will then reduce the likelihood of the flash coming back (if I make it so those 3 so they can't be removed then I remove the flash problem completely)

I was also going to post about the flash. One thing though, please don't make it so we can't remove music. The only things I have in my list list/use are movies, weather, power and settings. I have no use for the music or any other part at all.

As for the settings menu. One thing I don't like about it is that when pressing right to pull up the first sub-blade list if you then press left to get out of it, it actually takes you to the second part of the sub-blade list, where the one with skin at the top is part one. It would be easier if you could press right to toggle between the first and second part or maybe going to the top and bottom could be the toggle, with arrows to indicate there is more. Left would then always get you out of it. If noting else, there should be an arrow indicating that there are more options. I didn't even realize there was a second part to it until the first time I hit back. I had always been pressing enter to go into the configuration menu.

Also, is it possible to put some type of busy/working animation when selecting the thumbs and fanart button. It can sometimes take awhile for it to scrape the images and display them, especially for fanart. I can tell it is working, because I see the activity on the wireless card, but some users may think it has hung.

Those are just some of the minor things I noticed last night. The fanart switching for movies seems to be much faster now. Overall I love the whole layout and color scheme. It turned out to be a top notch skin with a lot of TLC put into it. I can't wait to see how you guys implament a wall view. Keep up the good work.Big Grin

xeonicxpression Wrote:I was also going to post about the flash. One thing though, please don't make it so we can't remove music. The only things I have in my list list/use are movies, weather, power and settings. I have no use for the music or any other part at all.

Ok, how would people feel if system, power and weather were always there?

xeonicxpression Wrote:Also, is it possible to put some type of busy/working animation when selecting the thumbs and fanart button. It can sometimes take awhile for it to scrape the images and display them, especially for fanart. I can tell it is working, because I see the activity on the wireless card, but some users may think it has hung.

I would have thought that the busy dialog would have kicked in (the PLEASE WAIT at the bottom of the screen) - do you see any type of busy anim on other skins? If not then I think it could be that XBMC isn't triggering the busy anim at that point?

- Slownis - 2008-08-14

Dalidah Wrote:Tested the new version on xbox at 1080i :after scrolling 3 or 4 items on the menu .. at the following one, the background displays only partially and, scrolling ahead of 1 item more, the xbox crashes. It's surely a memory issue.

I saw the skin default is 720p: considering that mediastream will soon be part of T3ch releases, do you plan to take care of all resolutions/system related issues? In this case could be an idea to think about a "light" version for xbox.

Thanx for the job done: this could soon replace PM3 as default skin.

I like the new skin alot as well, but In wish to second the request for a 'light' version.

I have it running at 720p on my xbox, with custom backdrops sized at 720p. With this setup I notice occasion blackouts, and yesterday I noticed that some TV episodes wouldn't play. I switched back to PMIII and they played fine.

- xeonicxpression - 2008-08-14

skunkm0nkee Wrote:I would have thought that the busy dialog would have kicked in (the PLEASE WAIT at the bottom of the screen) - do you see any type of busy anim on other skins? If not then I think it could be that XBMC isn't triggering the busy anim at that point?

Maybe I just missed it. I guess it wouldn't be the first time I missed something right infront of my face.Huh I never actually used either of those buttons much on any of the other skins. The thumbs one I did some, but it generally doesn't take too long, I just noticed it took a little longer than normal on one of my movies recently. I did use fanart on aeon, but that was before there was a scraper for fanart, so there was no issue there. Well, I'm not at my main computer right now, but I will check this out later today and get back to you. Off to the dentist now.Eek

- yellowman - 2008-08-14

I have noticed that AMT dosenĀ“t work to good using this skin. Running Ubuntu 8.04, svn 14921, mediastream 0.85.

When I try to play a trailer it usually just drops back to the menu instead of playing after the initial streaming. If I switch to pmIII it works fine. Is that something skin specific or is it a problem with the linux version?

- xbs08 - 2008-08-14

Is there a way to do a small/big step (arrow keys on the remote) while watching a movie without poping in the info?