Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=35739)

- beastmcbeast - 2009-03-05

Does anyone here have the Launcher plugin launching ZSNES on Vista with XBMC in fullscreen mode? I can get launcher to launch ZSNES, but this only works if XBMC is not in fullscreen mode ( I get a directx SetCooperativeLevel failed). I guess that XBMC locks the graphics, but that doesn't make sense if someone else has it working fine?

- slacker666 - 2009-03-06

ronie Wrote:Just launch this script with the Launcher plugin:

firefox.sh:
Code:
metacity &
firefox
killall -9 metacity

That's all. Once you quit firefox, the script will kill the windowmanager and XBMC will regain focus.

But maybe things depend on the way you autostart XBMC? I use gdm to launch XBMC as a session. The behavior might be different when using others methods...

maybe there is a problem for me starting xbmc automatically, could you go throw every step you make for it to run?

- digitalhigh - 2009-03-06

Can one of you guys with a new, updated, fully-working version post a link here for myself and everybody else who just wants a working copy of Launcher again?? Please? I don't have the time right now to dink around with trying to fix broken lines of code...even if it is easy. I just need a version that works so I can focus on developing the apps section in my skin...

- kricker - 2009-03-06

digitalhigh Wrote:Can one of you guys with a new, updated, fully-working version post a link here for myself and everybody else who just wants a working copy of Launcher again?? Please? I don't have the time right now to dink around with trying to fix broken lines of code...even if it is easy. I just need a version that works so I can focus on developing the apps section in my skin...
win or Linux? As it look like different routes are taken per platform.

- digitalhigh - 2009-03-06

kricker Wrote:win or Linux? As it look like different routes are taken per platform.

My flavor of choice is windows.

- ronie - 2009-03-06

slacker666 Wrote:maybe there is a problem for me starting xbmc automatically, could you go throw every step you make for it to run?

Have you already made these changes:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=286708&postcount=248

If not, you should do so, otherwise Launcher won't work properly.

Next create a file and copy the three lines of code in my previous post.
Next make the file executable.

There's nothing more to it, i guess. You can now launch the firefox.sh script with the Launcher plugin.

- empty - 2009-03-07

ronie Wrote:Have you already made these changes:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=286708&postcount=248

If not, you should do so, otherwise Launcher won't work properly.

Next create a file and copy the three lines of code in my previous post.
Next make the file executable.

There's nothing more to it, i guess. You can now launch the firefox.sh script with the Launcher plugin.

Thanks a lot that was the problem with the new special folder Wink

- Livin - 2009-03-10

Is there a way to directly launch an EXE from the Home menu - without going into the Launcher menu? Smile

thx

- kricker - 2009-03-10

Livin Wrote:Is there a way to directly launch an EXE from the Home menu - without going into the Launcher menu? Smile

thx
You can do it directly using XBMC built in functions. Gimme a minute and I'll post an example.

Built in:
Code:
<item id="2">
    <description>SageTV</description>
    <label>SageTV</label>
    <onclick>XBMC.System.Exec("C:\Program Files\EventGhost\EventGhost.exe" -e myTV)</onclick>
</item>
This is done from within Mediastream's home menu under the TV blade.

You can also execute the Launcher script from a home menu item, but I'm not sure how to actually choose one of those applications directly.
Code:
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Programs,plugin://programs/Launcher)</onclick>

- Livin - 2009-03-10

kricker Wrote:You can also execute the Launcher script from a home menu item, but I'm not sure how to actually choose one of those applications directly.
Code:
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Programs,plugin://programs/Launcher)</onclick>

This is the issue I want to solve... how to directly launch a specific app using launcher, without using the launcher menu?

I figured I'd use Launcher since it tracks when the app is opened and closed so that XBMC comes back.

IMO this really would be best to be a native XBMC function, I hope someone codes it in SVN. Seems like <take this with grain of salt: I'm not a coder, but I work with them daily> that a process watch dog would be able to monitor the launched app for when it closes and maximize XBMC to full screen (or last screen state)?

- kricker - 2009-03-10

I know it is still not what you want, but this is doable using the
XBMC.System.ExecWait command without launcher.
Code:
<onclick>XBMC.System.ExecWait("D:\Communications\Firefox\firefox.exe" -p karl)</onclick>

Seems to do this with the XBMC.SystemExec command as well. I tested launching firefox, and both times XBMC minimized then restored itself when firefox was closed.

- Livin - 2009-03-11

kricker Wrote:I know it is still not what you want, but this is doable using the
XBMC.System.ExecWait command without launcher.
Code:
<onclick>XBMC.System.ExecWait("D:\Communications\Firefox\firefox.exe" -p karl)</onclick>

Seems to do this with the XBMC.SystemExec command as well. I tested launching firefox, and both times XBMC minimized then restored itself when firefox was closed.

seems to work so far... this may just be the ticket!

thank you mucho! Big Grin

- kricker - 2009-03-11

Livin Wrote:seems to work so far... this may just be the ticket!

thank you mucho! Big Grin
I only have issues when I try to use it to launch something thru Evventghost. It sees Eventghost as closed after Eventghost triggers what it should and therefore XBMC maximizes itself back to the front when I'm not necessarily ready for it to be.

- Livin - 2009-03-11

kricker Wrote:I only have issues when I try to use it to launch something thru Evventghost. It sees Eventghost as closed after Eventghost triggers what it should and therefore XBMC maximizes itself back to the front when I'm not necessarily ready for it to be.

Why do you use EG to launch apps via XBMC? Why not just launch the using XBMC and monitor the event (open/close/etc) using EG?

- kricker - 2009-03-11

Because with Evenghost I can have SageTV restore from the tray to a specific screen by invoking a sage command. I can not do this with the XBMC execute.