Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=35739)

- willcmuk - 2009-06-29

TerranQ Wrote:try -fullscreen

Cheers worked like a charm, still frustrated by the original vista problems though, maybe it's my graphics card creating a conflict, going to try another one and see if it's the same.

- klikkamongo - 2009-06-30

Hello!

I have some problems running Launcher.

I have downloaded Launcher1.03.zip and followed the guide in the first post.

Quote:Installation:
1. unzip the file into Plugins/Program directory.
2. (linux users only): create a symlink for /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4 named /usr/lib/libcurl.so (run: "sudo ln -sf /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4 /usr/lib/libcurl.so" in terminal)
3. Run XBMC:
3.1. Switch to MC360 Skin (or some other skin that has "Programs" Section)
3.2. Go to Games -> Applications -> Add Source -> Browse -> Program Plugins
3.3. Select Launcher and Click "OK"
3.4. Click OK Again.
3.5. Right Click on "Launcher" Icon
3.6. Choose "Add to Favorites"
3.7. Switch back to PMIII Skin.
3.8. Click on the Arrow in the bottom right corner
3.9. Choose "Launcher"

But when I switch back to PMII and choose launcher from the favorites, it just opens the Launcher folder (...\XBMC\plugins\programs\Launcher).

What have I done wrong?

- TerranQ - 2009-07-01

klikkamongo Wrote:Hello!

I have some problems running Launcher.

I have downloaded Launcher1.03.zip and followed the guide in the first post.

But when I switch back to PMII and choose launcher from the favorites, it just opens the Launcher folder (...\XBMC\plugins\programs\Launcher).

What have I done wrong?

Nothing. Now you have to add the programs you want to launch. Right-click and select "add new launcher", then follow the instructions

- TerranQ - 2009-07-01

willcmuk Wrote:Cheers worked like a charm, still frustrated by the original vista problems though, maybe it's my graphics card creating a conflict, going to try another one and see if it's the same.

I don't think it's the graphics card. I'm using the same one on Win 7 and it works fine

[LINUX] SDLMAME and the Launcher plugin in XBMC Live? - st3amco0ker - 2009-07-01

Goal #1:

There aren't many discussions regarding this topic. I have launcher, the application, installed and worked great. ZNES would launch but not in full screen. SDLMAME, however, would not launch for some unknown reasons. I have launcher to execute a file called "mame," and inside it contains "sdlmame $1".

This is how it looks:

launcher.xml

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<launchers>
    <launcher>
        <name>Mame</name>
        <application>/home/xbmc/mame</application>
        <args></args>
        <rompath>/media/Media/Games/Mame/Roms/</rompath>
        <romext>zip</romext>
        <thumb>/home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails//Mame.jpg</thumb>
        <wait>true</wait>
        <roms>
            <rom>
                <name>SF3</name>
                <filename>"/media/Media/Games/Mame/Roms/SF3.zip"</filename>
                <thumb>/home/mc/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails//SF3.png</thumb>
            </rom>
    </launcher>

/home/xbmc/mame

Code:
sdlmame $1

What did I do wrong?

How can I make this work?

Goal #2:

How do you make SDLMAME run in full screen mode?

Thanks! Laugh

- klikkamongo - 2009-07-01

TerranQ Wrote:Nothing. Now you have to add the programs you want to launch. Right-click and select "add new launcher", then follow the instructions

I had to install it in the user/programdata folder instead of program files, now it works! Thanks

- willcmuk - 2009-07-01

TerranQ Wrote:I don't think it's the graphics card. I'm using the same one on Win 7 and it works fine

Could it be then a conflict with vista and the graphics card? Also off topic but what settings do you find work best on catalyst and what shaders do you use?

- TerranQ - 2009-07-02

willcmuk Wrote:Could it be then a conflict with vista and the graphics card?
Possibly, but I find it hard to believe that's it, or more people would be having issues. Did you upgrade your directx and run dxdiag.exe?

Quote:Also off topic but what settings do you find work best on catalyst and what shaders do you use?

For CCC, I just turn everything up to high quality. As for shaders, not sure what you mean. I mainly use launcher for epsxe, and the shaders I use on there all depend on what game you're playing.

- schneidz - 2009-07-02

does the launcher work with the live-usb version ?
i get an error complaining about a default.py script error

- vike105 - 2009-07-03

Works very well on the xbox. Only problem I'm encountering is that when you search for thumbs, it will find and apply the thumbs properly, but it will crash at the same time stating a python error freezing the xbox. After a restart I can see that it applied the thumbnail fine and everything works fine. Just sucks having to restart the xbox everytime I add a thumb.

- steve1977 - 2009-07-04

Does anyone has first hand experience getting it to work on a Mac. Could you post a step-by-step guide? The one in the first post doesnt work for XBMC for Mac.

- willcmuk - 2009-07-05

willcmuk Wrote:Hi can someone help please, I'm trying to configure xbmc to correctly launch my emulators (fusion for megadrive and Project64 for N64) I have it setup and working on my laptop which is using XP so I know I'm doing it right so I think my problem is either vista related or graphics card related (ati hd4550) :

whenever I try and load fusion it brings error
"DirectDraw Init Error #2
Unable to create Primary Surface. Operation requires the application to have exclusive mode but the application does not have exclusive mode."

and for Project64
"Graphics Error
Direct3D failed to initialize
Error code:88760868
D3DERR_DECICELOST"

now both Project64 and Fusioin work as standalone and interestingly enough work when xbmc is up and running, so it must be a problem somewhere with the switchover code?

For reference I am using the latest SVN (21237)
Windows Vista 32bit Sp1
AMD athlon 64 x2 Dual 4600+ 2.4Ghz
2gb RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4550 driver 8.620.0.0
Realtek High Def Audio driver 6.0.1.5657

Log located at
http://pastebin.com/m6c8d30f4

Solved for anyone else having a similar problem just toggle wait state!!

- TerranQ - 2009-07-05

willcmuk Wrote:Solved for anyone else having a similar problem just toggle wait state!!

Dammit! That's the step I forgot to tell you about!

I'm sorry about that willcmuk, I had to do that too on mine.

- willcmuk - 2009-07-05

TerranQ Wrote:Dammit! That's the step I forgot to tell you about!

I'm sorry about that willcmuk, I had to do that too on mine.

no problem soo frustrating that it was only that but relieved to have got it sorted!

- st3amco0ker - 2009-07-06

st3amco0ker Wrote:Goal #1:

There aren't many discussions regarding this topic. I have launcher, the application, installed and worked great. ZNES would launch but not in full screen. SDLMAME, however, would not launch for some unknown reasons. I have launcher to execute a file called "mame," and inside it contains "sdlmame $1".

This is how it looks:

launcher.xml

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<launchers>
    <launcher>
        <name>Mame</name>
        <application>/home/xbmc/mame</application>
        <args></args>
        <rompath>/media/Media/Games/Mame/Roms/</rompath>
        <romext>zip</romext>
        <thumb>/home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails//Mame.jpg</thumb>
        <wait>true</wait>
        <roms>
            <rom>
                <name>SF3</name>
                <filename>"/media/Media/Games/Mame/Roms/SF3.zip"</filename>
                <thumb>/home/mc/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails//SF3.png</thumb>
            </rom>
    </launcher>

/home/xbmc/mame

Code:
sdlmame $1

What did I do wrong?

How can I make this work?

Goal #2:

How do you make SDLMAME run in full screen mode?

Thanks! Laugh

Could you help me?