Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=35739)

- danz0l - 2010-09-26

well i'd certainly like to try it Smile

- DARKGuy2008 - 2010-09-26

Well, here it is:

http://codepad.org/iVClkXIG

Just look for "fanart". I made it long time ago... the idea behind was to set a property called Fanart (now I notice there's FanartNormal!!) and XBMC would do the rest. Also, on the launcher.xml, add a <fanart></fanart> property with the path of the fanart file.

It all revolves on:

Code:
if (fan[0]):
            listitem.setProperty('fanart_image',fan[0])

I can't recall though, to do the fading I used the Transparency! skin and I think I had to edit some random XML to make it do the cross-fade. However, I bet that might be easier to add by more experienced people in a generic way to all skins like the videos section.

Hope to have this feature added in an official update! Big Grin

EDIT: Also, is it possible to have videos as "fanart" ? it'd rock to have gameplay videos on the fanart display Big Grin

- butchabay - 2010-09-27

Thanx for keeping this plugin up to date ... is working well so far.
I've noticed that there is no section where i can choose or download the Thumbs for selected application. Can we expect this feature in next update?

Cheers

- Nabil - 2010-09-29

I have created an Open Source program to manage your roms and output the proper launcher xml file. It is still in beta but I released version 0.1 here http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/rom-manager/

- ghostelement - 2010-09-30

Nabil Wrote:I have created an Open Source program to manage your roms and output the proper launcher xml file. It is still in beta but I released version 0.1 here http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/rom-manager/

Where does your program scrape art/metadata from? I'm actually actively working on a database for games that uses TheTVDB API at it's core. Let me know if you're interested in using this.

- malte - 2010-09-30

Sorry for interfering, but I am working on a rom browser script that starts scraping with the next release. So I would be interested in using your API, too.

Did you see jas' project? Not sure, what your progress is but maybe it is not too late to stick together with him.

- ghostelement - 2010-09-30

malte Wrote:Sorry for interfering, but I am working on a rom browser script that starts scraping with the next release. So I would be interested in using your API, too.

Did you see jas' project? Not sure, what your progress is but maybe it is not too late to stick together with him.

I did see jas' project, recently and I think it's great. I started my own site because it uses a widely known easy to use API. Also the current format of my site is well known since it's using thetvdb backend code. I'm making good progress on my site, but it's still really alpha and buggy. So I'm not quite ready to make an open announcement about it yet since heavy traffic to it could break things. If you want to, you can PM me and I can give you some more info about it.

I currently only have one developer helping me with the site and he's really busy all the time, so merging the projects might be an option depending on the goals of everyone.

Am I Doing Something Wrong orrrrrrrrr? - Bradenkerr - 2010-09-30

So i'm trying to install this plug-in, but goddamit i cannot get it to work for the life of me Angry

I extracted the folder to the programs directory, but when i try to add source in XBMC, i can find the 'Launcher' folder, except when i navigate into it, all i can find is a folder titled 'resources'...

So i'm pretty sure i'm doing something wrong. But i dunno what. And it's driving me insane Sad

- butchabay - 2010-09-30

So here how to set respective Thumb to each launcher :

Win7:
C:\user\appdata\roaming\xbmc\userdata\addon_data\plugin.programm.launcher and open launchers.xml with an editor:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<launchers>
<launcher>
<name>Ccleaner</name>
<application>C:\Programme\CCleaner\ccleaner.exe</application>
<args></args>
<rompath></rompath>
<romext></romext>
<thumb>C:\XBMC\Thumbs\ccleaner.jpg</thumb>
<wait>true</wait>
<roms>
</roms>
</launcher>
</launchers>

Red marked: "path of your Thumb"

Done!

- pecinko - 2010-09-30

Is Mac supported? It doesn't matter if I choose Standalone or File type, after browsing for any_aplication.app gives me only cancel to select?

- zosky - 2010-09-30

pecinko Wrote:Is Mac supported? It doesn't matter if I choose Standalone or File type, after browsing for any_aplication.app gives me only cancel to select?

i dont have a mac handy to test, but yes it shoud. "something.app" is actually a folder. you need to open it and find the 'executable' file inside

- zosky - 2010-09-30

Bradenkerr Wrote:So i'm trying to install this plug-in, but goddamit i cannot get it to work for the life of me Angry

I extracted the folder to the programs directory, but when i try to add source in XBMC, i can find the 'Launcher' folder, except when i navigate into it, all i can find is a folder titled 'resources'...

So i'm pretty sure i'm doing something wrong. But i dunno what. And it's driving me insane Sad

please have a look at the documentation on the google project site,
there are two different ways you have to go about 'installing' this
depending on which version of xbmc you are using

- zosky - 2010-09-30

malte Wrote:Some of you may have noticed that I am working on the script Rom Collection Browser in the last months. As Launcher and RCB have different approaches on browsing and displaying games they do nearly the same when it comes to launching games. So I would like to ask if you are interested in sharing knowledge and experience on launching games from XBMC....

malte, thanks for taking the time to reach out to the new launcher-team.

im sure there are many things we can learn from each other. at first glace, we like how you're killing xbmc and starting it back up again. and we too are excited about a db & api for scraping.

there's surely is allot of knowledge sharing that can happen in both directions.

cheers
~z

go to my game exe files with one click from my home menu - jjwalker - 2010-09-30

Hello,

Just started using the launcher and love it...I am currently using transparency skin under camelot. I have games as one of my options in the home menu. I want to be able to click on this and it takes me right to my all my game .exe files. Currently I click games from home menu then have to click plugins then launcher then all my games come up. Is there a way to do this ?

thanks in advance

- butchabay - 2010-09-30

jjwalker Wrote:Hello,

Just started using the launcher and love it...I am currently using transparency skin under camelot. I have games as one of my options in the home menu. I want to be able to click on this and it takes me right to my all my game .exe files. Currently I click games from home menu then have to click plugins then launcher then all my games come up. Is there a way to do this ?

thanks in advance

If you only have games in the launcher plugin, just add launcher to favorites and rename this in "Games" and put it in your home menu. Just an idea (this is how i did).