Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=35739)

- Angelscry - 2010-10-21

filigran Wrote:So the starting letters ar eC L A L S M. No ABC there. Smile I want them to be sorted A C L L M S, so that the file is easily browsable. Is that hard to do? Isn't there a simple theobject.sort(); in python? I seem to recall that from the last time I tried to learn the language. Smile And I see you using sorted() at some points in the file. Surely there's a way to sort the end result, before shunting it into the file? I'll see if I can hack something up. Smile

Edit: Ah, dictionaries can't be sorted that easy. Dang. Sad

I'm not the original coder of the plug-in, and I don't know a lot of things about python and XBMC programming. I just "guess" how works the code and have just modified it to add some functionalities I wanted.

I will try to see if I can found how sort the XML file content. But it will not be my priority because, into XBMC, games appear already alphabetically sorted. Also, if you want to quickly found a game into the launchers.xml file it is better to use the search option of your text editor than browses it.

- filigran - 2010-10-21

Angelscry Wrote:I'm not the original coder of the plug-in, and I don't know a lot of things about python and XBMC programming. I just "guess" how works the code and have just modified it to add some functionalities I wanted.

I will try to see if I can found how sort the XML file content. But it will not be my priority because, into XBMC, games appear already alphabetically sorted. Also, if you want to quickly found a game into the launchers.xml file it is better to use the search option of your text editor than browses it.

Yeah, I know that, and you're doing a great job! Smile I thought this was the official thread for the plugin, so my questions are not directed only to you, but to the development team. Smile

Aye, they sure are. Sorted a bit odd though, capitalized are sorted first and what not. But no biggie. Smile And I do use the search function, but it's nice to see all Mega Man after each other, for example, and not here and there in the file. I'm picky.. some might say anal. Wink

- PainToad - 2010-10-21

If I'm happy with just covers, do I need any special version or skin?

- Angelscry - 2010-10-22

PainToad Wrote:If I'm happy with just covers, do I need any special version or skin?
For just covers, no need of a special version. Last Original version of the addon (v1.10.2) will be ok. But you still need to use a skin which support thumbnail Images for addons programs to show covers.

- Angelscry - 2010-10-23

I have made some code cleaning and some bug fix on the launcher addon today (prior to try to add a good scrapper into it). But, I'm not sure that everybody will be happy with those changes.

So this is what is new (and why I have made those changes):

- I have remove all the code releated to the automatic thumbnails search and import into XBMC database. I have made this change, because firstly I was fed up to delete the database each time I want to change a stored thumbnail and secondly because I do not store the thumbnails into the same directory than the roms. Now only the launchers.xml file is controling the thumbnails.

- I have also change the way the addon is scanning for new roms. On the last version, the research criteria was the name of the roms. Now it is on the complete filename of the roms (including path). I have change this, because, every time you renamed a game, and performed a new scan, the addon was not abble to take account of this change and add the rom in double (one with the new game title and one with the old game title) into the list. Now it's fixed.

- Finally I have removed the automatic scan when entering an empty launcher directory. I don't know why, but most of the time, on my system, it has conducted to a complete freeze of XBMC. Of course, now you will have to start the scan manually, but, you will not encounter anymore freeze.

So, this is my last version of the launcher addon:
plugin.program.launcher.zip

Feel free to use my version or the original one if you don't like the changes, and feedbacks still welcome.

- kamikaze7100 - 2010-10-24

Hi. Could someone modifie the Night skin so that it would display the game plot and fanart (or screenshots) the way it was done in Alaska?

- Angelscry - 2010-10-25

I have started to work on the integration of a scraper into the launcher addon. Actually it is not scraping yet thumbnails or fanarts but just game informations (like title, release, publisher, genre and plot) from www.allgame.com website.

My last Launcher Addon version: plugin.program.launcher.zip

To use the scraper, select a rom, then select "Get Game Infos", enter the game title and the scraper will download and store the game infos into the launchers.xml file. Please, give me feedback of this scraping fonctionnality. It may still contain bugs or errors that I have not seen yet.

More important, actually have a problem with XBMC and python coding. With the scraper I was able the get a list of games corresponding to a game title research. But I'm not able to display this list into XBMC (to allow users to select the good corresponding game). Is there someone here how could guide me to display this search result list into XBMC? How display a selection list into XBMC?

- rausch101 - 2010-10-25

I just tried this and when I move over a game and press menu, I dont get the option to "Get Game Infos". I'm on Dharma Beta 3 34730. My Launcher version is showing up as 1.11 if that helps

- PainToad - 2010-10-25

rausch101 Wrote:I just tried this and when I move over a game and press menu, I dont get the option to "Get Game Infos". I'm on Dharma Beta 3 34730. My Launcher version is showing up as 1.11 if that helps

+1 to this...I even tried uninstalling and starting fresh with this version Sad

- Angelscry - 2010-10-25

rausch101 Wrote:I just tried this and when I move over a game and press menu, I dont get the option to "Get Game Infos". I'm on Dharma Beta 3 34730. My Launcher version is showing up as 1.11 if that helps
Do you try to use the "Get Game Infos" for launcher or for roms? Because I have actually add this option only for roms, not for launchers yet. I will try to add it before tomorrow.

- rausch101 - 2010-10-25

Angelscry Wrote:Do you try to use the "Get Game Infos" for launcher or for roms? Because I have actually add this option only for roms, not for launchers yet. I will try to add it before tomorrow.

Yes I tried it for roms. i tried it for everything actually.

- Angelscry - 2010-10-25

rausch101 Wrote:Yes I tried it for roms. i tried it for everything actually.
Ok... I have found the error: "Get Game Info" string is strangely not present into the attached english language file. I was sure it was in it... Eek Eek Eek. Sorry. It will be fixed in the next version. Sorry again... Sad

- rausch101 - 2010-10-25

Angelscry Wrote:Ok... I have found the error: "Get Game Info" string is strangely not present into the attached english language file. I was sure it was in it... Eek Eek Eek. Sorry. It will be fixed in the next version. Sorry again... Sad

No reason to be sorry...thanks for the hard work! I'll be glad to test out the next version.

- PainToad - 2010-10-25

Can we add it ourself?

- Angelscry - 2010-10-25

Finally... I think I have posted a wrong file.... I will post the a new last version tonight. It will also contain an option to edit the game informations and manually change the thumbnail and fanart image directly from XBMC. And, if I found the time, I will also add game information import option for stand alone launchers. So it is better for you to wait.Nod