Kodi Community Forum
MediaStream mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: MediaStream (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Thread: MediaStream mod (/showthread.php?tid=35944)

Pages: 1 2

MediaStream mod - Hitcher - 2008-08-15

Being a big lover of fanart I've knocked up a mod for MediaStream to get the most out of it (and learnt it bit about skinning at the same time).

What do you guys think? Do you mind mods?

- Rand Al Thor - 2008-08-15

looks good hitcher. I would remove the faded background now that you have lowered the wraplist. That would give the fanart more "pop."

- skunkm0nkee - 2008-08-15

Hitcher Wrote:What do you guys think? Do you mind mods?

I prefer the info more myself Wink

As for mods, I have no problem with them as such. I would have though we'd have gone more than a week before we saw the first of them though (especially since we're still actively working on the skin) but then we can take it as a compliment that people are excited about using the skin and want to adapt it further. Big Grin

- xb2iris - 2008-08-15

looks good dude... always good to see the lack of info and more fanart... i'm a fan so far...

- Hitcher - 2008-08-15

Rand Al Thor Wrote:looks good hitcher. I would remove the faded background now that you have lowered the wraplist. That would give the fanart more "pop."

I tried removing the MovieViewBG.png but it didn't look right as it needs some sort of texture behind the movie title and the top area. Ideally I'd edit the MovieViewBG.png to lessen the shading but that's where it goes over my head - all I've really done here is remove all the info and reposition the title/overlay, not exactly skilled. Rolleyes

skunkm0nkee, definitely take it as a compliment. I especially like the Album library view - it's perfect.

- MikeBeecham - 2008-08-15

I like the idea, and we always knew that mods would come. I guess if I'm honest I agree with Skunk that I would have expected Mods later on..but hey, this was always a skin for the community.

When the razorfish team created the skin, it was done from the outset knowing that it would be modded, etc...and that;s cool because it proves that the community has taken something and wants to make it even better...Razorfish would never admit that we have ALL the answers...thats what YOU guys are for!

Go mod, but PLEASE respect the fact that the skin has not yet finished evolving.

- shizzle - 2008-08-16

looks sick

Updated - Hitcher - 2008-08-17

A bit more messing around today and I'm as happy as I can get with it.

It would be great if Team Razorfish added something simliar - I'm sure they'd make it much better looking than I ever could. Wink

I can post the edited ViewsVideo.xml if anyone's interested in it as long as Team Razorfish don't mind of course.

- shizzle - 2008-08-17

WOOW please post it

- Rand Al Thor - 2008-08-17

Looks good Hitcher.

- MikeBeecham - 2008-08-17

Hitcher....to be honest we probably wont be adding this view to the overall view list. You have to bear in mind that you should only really have a small number of views available per section...you dont want to be going too silly with it.

Second, if we coded up every view that someone wanted then it would just be a horrible mess and there would be no consistency to the screens.

What you have there is a mod, and it's a good one. You have a view that you enjoy using!

- skunkm0nkee - 2008-08-17

That view could be done as an option to the existing Movie Stream view (and it would save some memory as it wouldn't need the standard overlay background).

I wouldn't rule it out completely Mike Huh

- platanito21 - 2008-08-17

I really like that view. How bout you use this view and then when you are on a movie for more than a couple of seconds the black transparency with the movie info fades in. That way you can at least see most of the movie fanart for a couple of seconds before most of it is covered up by the movie info (and maybe an option to turn off the movie info for people with memory problems).

- Hitcher - 2008-08-17

MikeBeecham Wrote:Hitcher....to be honest we probably wont be adding this view to the overall view list. You have to bear in mind that you should only really have a small number of views available per section...you dont want to be going too silly with it.

Second, if we coded up every view that someone wanted then it would just be a horrible mess and there would be no consistency to the screens.

What you have there is a mod, and it's a good one. You have a view that you enjoy using!

That's cool. So do you mind me posting it?

skunkm0nkee Wrote:That view could be done as an option to the existing Movie Stream view (and it would save some memory as it wouldn't need the standard overlay background).

I wouldn't rule it out completely Mike Huh

Tease. Big Grin

platanito21 Wrote:I really like that view. How bout you use this view and then when you are on a movie for more than a couple of seconds the black transparency with the movie info fades in. That way you can at least see most of the movie fanart for a couple of seconds before most of it is covered up by the movie info (and maybe an option to turn off the movie info for people with memory problems).

Or just press the 'Info' button. Wink

- skunkm0nkee - 2008-08-18

Done a bit of messing about with this and will probably include an option in the near future which allows you to hide info on the Media Preview view. Big Grin