Kodi Community Forum
PlayOn UPnP MediaServer for Netflix, Hulu, CBS, ESPN, and Amazon VOD playback in XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: PlayOn UPnP MediaServer for Netflix, Hulu, CBS, ESPN, and Amazon VOD playback in XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=36218)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Switch Problems - xen2xen1 - 2009-12-30

I had the same problems with switches. It's multicast problems. Some switches will forward multicast amongst the ports, but not to another switch. If you can upgrade the firmware on the switch, you might try that. Else, replace the switch. Some just won't do the multicast you need to get UPNP running. I acutally had a very nice HP 2524 switch that blocked UPNP, as in all the stuff on one side saw my UPNP stuff, and all the stuff on the other side saw different UPNP stuff. I upgraded it's firmware, and all of a sudden, I could see everything. Switches are cheap, if you're having a problem, buy a new switch from newegg that has lots of reviews, and none complain about upnp stuff.

XBMC Not Finding UPNP PlayOn Server - jdhoover - 2009-12-31

One of my xbmc servers finds my PlayOn UPNP machine, but the other xbmc server does not. Both were built from the SVN. The non-working one is 64 bit, does that have anything to do with it perhaps? Otherwise, both are configured the same, on the same network, etc etc...

- jdhoover - 2009-12-31

Also, are there any required libraries for xbmc to find upnp servers?

- elupus - 2010-01-02

no, it's built in. but somebody else reported some issues with 64bit OS and upnp. Seems abit unlikely to be a problem thou.

- jdhoover - 2010-01-02

elupus Wrote:no, it's built in. but somebody else reported some issues with 64bit OS and upnp. Seems abit unlikely to be a problem thou.

I rebuilt with 32 bit Fedora 12 instead of 64 bit. Similar issues. I played around for a while, and realized I was getting selinux errors in my audit log. I ran it in permissive, and that seemed to help. Then I also realized that it was likely an iptables rule keeping me from seeing the uPNP servers on the network. I stopped iptables and the servers showed up.

So, the question now is: what rule do I need to add to iptables to allow me to see uPNP machines?

Also, I'd like to add that more error logging with uPNP would be appreciated. Maybe there is a more verbose option I can log with? The whole clicking 3 or 4 times to view a show is annoying - though I don't think it is xbmc, it might be more of PlayOn buffering the show? A single click to play a show would be a nice improvement though (it confuses my 6 and 9 year old when I tell them to ignore the error messages, and just keep clicking until it plays).

Thanks...

HELPPPP XMBC-9.11 (Camelot) for Windows + PlayOn - nhudkins - 2010-01-07

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate and XMBC-9.11 (Which is super awesome) However, I cannot seem to get video playback from PlayOn to work! I have to try several times, 3rd time is usually the charm and even then the audio is HORRIBLY out of sync. I am confused because all of the "fixes" refer to cache settings (specific to the XBOX) WHAT DO I DOOOO!?!?!ShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked

- zebraitis - 2010-01-07

nhudkins Wrote:I am running Windows Vista Ultimate and XBMC-9.11 (Which is super awesome) However, I cannot seem to get video playback from PlayOn to work! I have to try several times, 3rd time is usually the charm and even then the audio is HORRIBLY out of sync. I am confused because all of the "fixes" refer to cache settings (specific to the XBOX) WHAT DO I DOOOO!?!?!ShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked

I have used PlayOn on both XBOX and Windows 7 Ult 64 bit.

PlayOn previously had a problem with audio being out-of-sync. It was a specific version of an update, fixed in a later version.

I suggest that you check to see if you are running the latest version of PlayOn to see if that will fix your problem. (maybe you have check for updates off?)

- - - - - - - -

TO THE XBMC / PlayOn community...

I have asked PlayOn for an icon, and they provided.

Here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ynjzmztemww/PlayOn_icon.jpg

Does PlayOn UPnP MediaServer work with XBMC Live (XBMC for Linux) 9.11 Camelot? - FenceMan - 2010-01-08

Just got my new Revo setup with XBMC Live and it is awesome, thanks to all of the developers for the work, very easy to setup out of the box, got it up and running with my MCE remote in no time.

I am wondering does PlayOn work to play Hulu / Netflix with XBMC Live (Camelot 9.11)? I have it connected and I get the correct menus but when I choose to play a video nothing happens, just wondering if it is something on my end (same setup with Xbox worked with PlayOn just fine) or if this is just not working yet for the live version?

Thanks and again, great job all around.

PlayON UPnP MediaServer working with latest XBMC? - Seoras - 2010-01-09

Can anyone confirm that Playon is working for them? I've never had it working, be it on the org Xbox, XBMCLive, XBMCLinux or now XBMC on Windows 7. One might assume maybe the common denominator is Playon at that point, but it works just fine with my PS3. Not sure whether XBMC really supports it or whether it's a nice if it works but not baked feature.

Previously on the Xbox or Live/Linux platforms I could see the folders and files, they just wouldn't play correctly (same problems as other users reported with too many consecutive errors etc). Under Windows 7 it just shows 0 objects and nothing else. Any ideas?

- jkasyan - 2010-01-10

I've noticed it not working on recent builds. It used to work quite well for me.

- BadServo - 2010-01-10

Using the most recent versions of both PlayOn and XBMC I can vouch that Netflix, Hulu, and several other streams work perfectly through XBMC.

The only caveat with using PlayOn with XBMC is a small glitch where occasionally you select a stream and it just sits there at the XBMC menu as if nothing happened. Generally speaking, if you just wait about 5 seconds and select it again, it'll fire right up. Mildly annoying, but not a deal breaker. This has allowed my family to keep the linux platform and the interface we love, while still being able to watch internet content in a friendly and convenient manner from the couch. PlayOn is highly recommended.

- FenceMan - 2010-01-12

BadServo Wrote:Using the most recent versions of both PlayOn and XBMC I can vouch that Netflix, Hulu, and several other streams work perfectly through XBMC.

The only caveat with using PlayOn with XBMC is a small glitch where occasionally you select a stream and it just sits there at the XBMC menu as if nothing happened. Generally speaking, if you just wait about 5 seconds and select it again, it'll fire right up. Mildly annoying, but not a deal breaker. This has allowed my family to keep the linux platform and the interface we love, while still being able to watch internet content in a friendly and convenient manner from the couch. PlayOn is highly recommended.

Are you able to run it with the Live version of XBMC?

Cant see any video titles - rdevo - 2010-01-16

I can log into Playon and navigate to all programs (Hulu, Netflix, etc) but when I try to select a show or movie theres nothing there....Any help?

Never mind. I got it. Altjough its very choppy. But what can u expect..It's streaming from the internet, right.

- zebraitis - 2010-01-16

rdevo Wrote:Altjough its very choppy. But what can u expect..It's streaming from the internet, right.

Wrong.

Your viewing should be smooth. The film itself may be compresses and have some "jaggies" but that would be Netflix's fault.

However, as I said, the film should play smooth and uninterrupted.

I used to have 15 meg download high speed internet, but moved to an area where 1 MB down was the fastest available.

I thought that I would have challenges with watching, but the movies on netflix via PlayOn still do fine.

Having said that, you may wish to check your PlayOn server settings.

v

- teresa - 2010-01-17

Is Hulu working for anyone with XBMC? Used to work for me but not any more. Netflix and some of the Playon plugins work ok. If you have Hulu working please let me know the version of XBMC you are using. Thanks.