Kodi Community Forum
XBMC (Atlantis) for Windows - Alpha 4 release - Please report all bugs to Trac - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: XBMC (Atlantis) for Windows - Alpha 4 release - Please report all bugs to Trac (/showthread.php?tid=36271)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- eduardor2k - 2008-08-30

Hi to everyone.

I'm using the latest version of XBMC Alpha 4 with X360 skin, but every time i try to start XBMC in a weird resolution like my 16:10 computer screen, it crash with the following error:

http://www.subirimagenes.com/imagen-1-1018126.html

But if i start XBMC in 1024x768 or 1280x720 it works perfectly.

Another thing is when i ouput XBMC to my tv, i can see some black bars fading, like the refresh rate was wrong...

Another one, is when a video ends. XBMC starts consuming 100% cpu...

All this errors happen with Project Mayhem and x360.

PS: Very good work, i was praying to use XBMC on my PC!

- moon - 2008-09-01

Sum times it looks like folks out there put the blame on Xbmc because it dosent runs as it should.....
It can be so that Xbmc are running smooth but ur computer/drivers arent... or u are miissing things that makes ur movies looks bad..

Prolly devs never going to cover all think able computer set up their is .. So maybe try to use them specified setup for Xbmc instead could be an good ide .

Im not saying that any questions are wrong .. even bad questions helps out.

Could be that what is missing is ... an FAQ forum with all them same questions of the same nature are put togheter instead of posted repeatly in diffrent posts.

Myself are werry imprezzed of Xbmc and all good work that are done . =o)

And liked it from the start of the first installer *i dont have a xbox*
And i hope it never going to be Done .... instead devolop and be even greater :-)

Mvh
moon

- errrrrl - 2008-09-01

Quote:FORWARD and REVERSE 16X 32X dont work with me

I get the same thing on all my PC's.... up to 8X forwards works great but when I try 16x or 32x the video stops moving on the screen but I do see the the movie timeline bar still scrolling across, so I know it is fast forwarding... but when I try to stop it and play it doesn't want to play....

Anyone else having 16x & 32x fast forwarding problems?

- kricker - 2008-09-02

errrrrl Wrote:I get the same thing on all my PC's.... up to 8X forwards works great but when I try 16x or 32x the video stops moving on the screen but I do see the the movie timeline bar still scrolling across, so I know it is fast forwarding... but when I try to stop it and play it doesn't want to play....

Yes I suffer from the same issue.

- anyo - 2008-09-02

errrrrl Wrote:I get the same thing on all my PC's.... up to 8X forwards works great but when I try 16x or 32x the video stops moving on the screen but I do see the the movie timeline bar still scrolling across, so I know it is fast forwarding... but when I try to stop it and play it doesn't want to play....

I am having this problem too, on multiple different computers too.

- tknice1 - 2008-09-03

up and down arrow doesn't seem to fastforward and rewind in 10 minute increments any longer. Well, it has worked on a few movies (I think smaller mpegs), but not larger mkvs.

- mitul103 - 2008-09-04

tknice1 Wrote:up and down arrow doesn't seem to fastforward and rewind in 10 minute increments any longer. Well, it has worked on a few movies (I think smaller mpegs), but not larger mkvs.

This still works for me. Something to keep in mind is that if the mkv has defined chapters, it will jump between chapters instead of going backwards and forwards 10 minutes.

- moshelog - 2008-09-04

hebrew doesnt work , i see gibrish instead .

second thing i would like to know why it doesnt use codecs that installed on my pc .

does it have internal codecs ? (cuz it dosnt look good atm)

thx
moshelog

- moshelog - 2008-09-04

dnno why i cant edit my old post,
anyway hebrew worx good .

- neoanderson2002 - 2008-09-05

moshelog Wrote:second thing i would like to know why it doesnt use codecs that installed on my pc .

does it have internal codecs ? (cuz it dosnt look good atm)

thx
moshelog

See here

XBMC looks fine for most of my videos. Give the devs some time to improve performance!

- live2give - 2008-09-08

fast foward 16 doesnt work seems to lock up the program.

- xbbs - 2008-09-08

when play video, hit menu, the menu won't come out

- capsela - 2008-09-08

When I go to play a movie, it plays in the upper left quadrant of the screen and has weird green ghosting all over. It bleeds over the other quadrants ,and the colors are screwy.

Upscaling is screwing up or something.

Using an ATI 9600.

Should I try a different video card? I got an old geforce laying around.

- jmarshall - 2008-09-08

Search for "glrectanglehack"

Cheers,
Jonathan

- capsela - 2008-09-08

jmarshall Wrote:Search for "glrectanglehack"

Cheers,
Jonathan

googled, found this

Quote:please try this:

create the following file:
~UserData/advancedsettings.xml

and paste this in it:

<advancedsettings>
<glrectanglehack>yes</glrectanglehack>
</advancedsettings>

Wow, it works awesome now. Perfect picture/video playback.

Color me impressed... This thing kicks ass. Much higher res than my old xbox.Laugh