Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] TED Talks (Video) Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] TED Talks (Video) Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=36866)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: [RELEASE] TED Talks (Video) Plugin - moreginger - 2013-07-13

(2013-07-13, 07:05)spookybathtub Wrote: I'm using 4.1.9 and I get an error in xbmc.log when loading the list of latest talks

Code:
T:140128643254016 WARNING: GetDurationFromMinuteString <runtime> should be in minutes. Interpreting '00:15:55' as 0 minutes
This type error for every episode. I'm running Frodo 12.2. Sounds like a bug with the addon?

Oh dear. Thanks for the heads up, I created an issue:
https://github.com/moreginger/xbmc-plugin.video.ted.talks/issues/41

RE: [RELEASE] TED Talks (Video) Plugin - XBMC_PUNK - 2013-07-27

Is there any way to get 720p with this plugin?

RE: [RELEASE] TED Talks (Video) Plugin - moreginger - 2013-07-29

(2013-07-27, 23:46)XBMC_PUNK Wrote: Is there any way to get 720p with this plugin?
You can change video bitrate, see Video quality section on settings:
https://github.com/moreginger/xbmc-plugin.video.ted.talks

Not sure which, if any, equates to 720p.

[RELEASE] TED Talks (Video) Plugin - spookybathtub - 2013-07-30

None of those settings is 720, they are all SD. From what I can tell, this is a limitation from TED. You can check this by pressing the diagnostics key during playback in XBMC, it tells you the details of what's playing.

RE: [RELEASE] TED Talks (Video) Plugin - Knurlhelm - 2013-09-26

Hey guys, I wanted to ask you if your TED Talks plugin is working cuz mine stopped working on both of my xbmc installs so I wanted to check if it's a common issue or just bad luck... C ya!

PS: The plugin is pretty damn useful so thanks to rwparris2 for doing it ^_^

RE: [RELEASE] TED Talks (Video) Plugin - artrafael - 2013-09-26

Works fine for me; just watched several videos with this add-on. Check your debug log (wiki) to see why it's not working for you.

(2013-09-26, 06:01)artrafael Wrote: Works fine for me; just watched several videos with this add-on. Check your debug log (wiki) to see why it's not working for you.

The warning it throws is:

Quote:16:02:41 T:4924 WARNING: CVideoInfoTag::GetDurationFromMinuteString <runtime> should be in minutes. Interpreting '00:08:21' as 0 minutes
on most of the videos (I was able to see the first video but nothing else)

and the error it thros is:

Quote:16:02:47 T:4616 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
Error Contents: sequence item 0: expected string, NoneType found
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Knurlhelm\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.ted.talks\default.py", line 17, in <module>
ted_talks.Main(args_map=args_map).run()
File "C:\Users\Knurlhelm\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.ted.talks\resources\lib\ted_talks.py", line 346, in run
modes[mode].run(self.args_map)
File "C:\Users\Knurlhelm\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.ted.talks\resources\lib\ted_talks.py", line 172, in run
self.run_internal(args)
File "C:\Users\Knurlhelm\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.ted.talks\resources\lib\ted_talks.py", line 190, in run_internal
self.ui.playVideo(args['url'], args['icon'])
File "C:\Users\Knurlhelm\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.ted.talks\resources\lib\ted_talks.py", line 73, in playVideo
title, url, subs, info_labels = self.ted_talks.getVideoDetails(url=url, video_quality=settings.video_quality, subs_language=subs_language)
File "C:\Users\Knurlhelm\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.ted.talks\resources\lib\ted_talks_scraper.py", line 55, in getVideoDetails
subs = subtitles_scraper.get_subtitles_for_talk(talk_html, subs_language, self.logger)
File "C:\Users\Knurlhelm\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.ted.talks\resources\lib\model\subtitles_scraper.py", line 108, in get_subtitles_for_talk
msg = 'No subtitles in: %s' % (",".join(accepted_languages))
TypeError: sequence item 0: expected string, NoneType found
-->End of Python script error report<--

I don't get what the issue may be, so thanks in advance

Please upload your *entire* debug log (wiki) to a public paste site such as www.xbmclogs.com and post just the assigned URL here. Do not paste log contents directly in your post. Also, it would help others trying to reproduce your problem if you mention some of the specific talks you're having trouble viewing.

(2013-09-26, 21:29)artrafael Wrote: Please upload your *entire* debug log (wiki) to a public paste site such as www.xbmclogs.com and post just the assigned URL here. Do not paste log contents directly in your post. Also, it would help others trying to reproduce your problem if you mention some of the specific talks you're having trouble viewing.

Uploaded a new log which is shorter (removed some apps), Log #62985
I can see "James Flynn: Why our IQ levels are higher than our grandparent's"

I can't see:
"Onora O'Neill: What we don't understand about trust"
"Stuart Firestein: The pursuit of ignorance"
"Benjamin Barber: Why mayors should rule the world"
"Andras Forgacs: Leather and meat without killing animals"

and many many more (I'm checking just on Newest Talks)

Thanks in advance

PS: I just installed XBMC on my laptop and then installed TED and it works, I think it may have bugged out when I sent the order to charge a video twice (second order cancelled the first one while it was happening and it haven't worked since)

Haven't had a chance to look at your log, but I was able to watch all those videos when I tried the add-on yesterday, not all the way through for all of them, but long enough to know they play.

RE: [RELEASE] TED Talks (Video) Plugin - Knurlhelm - 2013-09-27

Found the issue!

The plugin fails when the XBMC language is set to spanish (dunno why)
The plugin worked fine when I did a factory reset, then I changed the language and I was watching the videos just fine, but when I did close XBMC and re opened the script failed, tried doing the opposite (changing language to english and restarting) and it worked again, so for some reason the script fails when the language is not set to english (tried with dutch too, for the sake of testing), so maybe there is something missing, for now I'm gonna keep the plugin on my computer but remove it from my living room since my family would be pissed if I set the media center to english rofl...

Is there any chance you would add another languages support?, if you do it would be awesome, if you don't, the plugin rocks anyway ^_^

Thank you guys for helping me find a solution Smile
I hope this issue will be useful to someone with similar experience

See ya!

RE: [RELEASE] TED Talks (Video) Plugin - moreginger - 2013-10-06

(2013-09-27, 00:37)Knurlhelm Wrote: Found the issue!

The plugin fails when the XBMC language is set to spanish (dunno why)
The plugin worked fine when I did a factory reset, then I changed the language and I was watching the videos just fine, but when I did close XBMC and re opened the script failed, tried doing the opposite (changing language to english and restarting) and it worked again, so for some reason the script fails when the language is not set to english (tried with dutch too, for the sake of testing), so maybe there is something missing, for now I'm gonna keep the plugin on my computer but remove it from my living room since my family would be pissed if I set the media center to english rofl...

Is there any chance you would add another languages support?, if you do it would be awesome, if you don't, the plugin rocks anyway ^_^

Thank you guys for helping me find a solution Smile
I hope this issue will be useful to someone with similar experience

See ya!
GetDurationFromMinuteString issue is a known problem on the list page, but I didn't think it stopped you from watching a talk (https://github.com/moreginger/xbmc-plugin.video.ted.talks/issues/41).

It sounds like something is broken in the code to fetch subtitles. You can try disabling them in the plugin preferences. I'll have a go at reproducing the issue - thanks for all your investigation, with any luck it will be easy to reproduce the problem and fix it.

RE: [RELEASE] TED Talks (Video) Plugin - Knurlhelm - 2013-10-06

Yeah you're right, the issue was on the "Enable Subtitles" option, I did change the language to dutch (too lazy to look up for spanish) and went to the plugin config and disabled those subs, and the plugin worked again, enabled it and it stopped working, so it seems that the problem is on fetching subs, I'm gonna try inserting the codes for english and spanish on the plugin to check it out, but for now disabling the subs is getting it done, at least for me, and it work on any language.

Thanks again! Smile

EDIT: I tried the following case scenarios:

and some languages with "Enable Subtitles" Set on off, it worked on all of them

so what I think is that the script fails at the moment it tries to get the XBMC language and set it into the default language code, since the plugin works as intended if you enter the code manually, it also works as intended when you enter more than one code (it follows the order the user set to pick subs), so that's the problem for me, the easier workarounds (for me) would be:

1.- Setting "en" as the default subtitle language
2.- Asking the user for his language and Setting it as custom

What I found is, the problem is on this line on settings:

[language_mapping.get_language_code(xbmc_language)]

If I change it to a string (like ['en']) the video loads and the subtitle charges correctly

I'm gonna keep digging but I'm not that familiar with Python so this may be where I become useless rofl

RE: [RELEASE] TED Talks (Video) Plugin - moreginger - 2013-10-07

(2013-10-06, 23:19)Knurlhelm Wrote: Yeah you're right, the issue was on the "Enable Subtitles" option, I did change the language to dutch (too lazy to look up for spanish) and went to the plugin config and disabled those subs, and the plugin worked again, enabled it and it stopped working, so it seems that the problem is on fetching subs, I'm gonna try inserting the codes for english and spanish on the plugin to check it out, but for now disabling the subs is getting it done, at least for me, and it work on any language.

Thanks again! Smile

EDIT: I tried the following case scenarios:

and some languages with "Enable Subtitles" Set on off, it worked on all of them

so what I think is that the script fails at the moment it tries to get the XBMC language and set it into the default language code, since the plugin works as intended if you enter the code manually, it also works as intended when you enter more than one code (it follows the order the user set to pick subs), so that's the problem for me, the easier workarounds (for me) would be:

1.- Setting "en" as the default subtitle language
2.- Asking the user for his language and Setting it as custom

What I found is, the problem is on this line on settings:

[language_mapping.get_language_code(xbmc_language)]

If I change it to a string (like ['en']) the video loads and the subtitle charges correctly

I'm gonna keep digging but I'm not that familiar with Python so this may be where I become useless rofl

Oh man I epic fail. I fixed this ages ago [1] but haven't requested a pull yet.
Need to get my priorities straight and give TED plugin some love! <= this x3

Thank you for the really thorough investigation.

[1] https://github.com/moreginger/xbmc-plugin.video.ted.talks/issues/39

RE: [RELEASE] TED Talks (Video) Plugin - Knurlhelm - 2013-10-08

(2013-10-07, 23:27)moreginger Wrote: Oh man I epic fail. I fixed this ages ago [1] but haven't requested a pull yet.
Need to get my priorities straight and give TED plugin some love! <= this x3

Thank you for the really thorough investigation.

[1] https://github.com/moreginger/xbmc-plugin.video.ted.talks/issues/39

Nice!, there isn't a problem then, for now I'm gonna set the custom languages. Thanks again ^_^