Kodi Community Forum
HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Horizonz (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=97)
+----- Thread: HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=37188)

- soder - 2008-10-02

xb2iris Wrote:no problemo dude... that's why it took so long...

the option is in the features section of aeon settings... it's enabled by default... disable it and backdrops should show up behind your movie fanart...

and about the "info" banner view... xbmc only allows ten views, so, i'm overloaded... sorry man... had to chose one view for banners, and showcase was the obvious... maybe i'll add it to the "info" view at a later stage... so, we'll see...

glad u like the update man...

i think that's a plex issue if i'm not mistaken

played around with visibility on those frames, but they're slightly transparent already... not the cd frame so much... didn't want the background to overwelm the frames as it did when i increased the transparency... won't change for now... thanks for the feedback though

xb2iris Wrote:will look into it... i'll try different transparencies, but if its doesn't look better, i'm not gonna change it...

I tried the audio setting when watching a movie, and when I try to offset the subtitle, it will not fit in the OSD for audio settings. Is that something you can fit easiely?

/Söder

- midgetspy - 2008-10-02

xb2iris Wrote:yeah, i thought it was the info view... well... i'm not going to change that the grey background in that one for now... that view is my experimental view... i'll be messing with it later, so i'll change that when that time comes... didn't know people were into the info view... pretty cool... but yeah, i'll sort it out sometime... i'll just include it in that feature option so, what showcase does, info does, backgroundwise... wanted that view to be completely fanart based, no other backdrops... like it used to be before i made the navigation a bit quicker... didn't want black screens showing up, so i added the grey wallpaper to it... but yeah, we'll see... next update will adress the problem...

Yes the info view is fantastic, it's the reason I use Horizonz! I think it should work just like Showcase, like you said. I await the next version! :0)

- xb2iris - 2008-10-02

pletopia Wrote:i like how in the Wall you put the title of the movie into blank boxes (movies without poster's) .. i was playing around with Showcase view and its not implemented there .. just yet Wink

well, i put that in there for one reason, there's no way of identifying any item in the wall if it doesn't have a thumbnail... in showcase... there's a label at the bottom... so, no point Smile

soder Wrote:I tried the audio setting when watching a movie, and when I try to offset the subtitle, it will not fit in the OSD for audio settings. Is that something you can fit easiely?

/Söder

yeah, i know... i like the width of that panel at the moment, but some text doesn't fit in, which i know, is a pain... i'll adjust it when i build up the courage to change something i like... hahaha

midgetspy Wrote:Yes the info view is fantastic, it's the reason I use Horizonz! I think it should work just like Showcase, like you said. I await the next version! :0)

yeah, tic toc... hmmm

- midgetspy - 2008-10-03

A few more observations I found from using the skin tonight:

- The "info" button (i I think?) does nothing during fullscreen video playback ... on other skins it brings up the OSD that shows the time remaining in the movie. I use this all the time to see how much time is left in the movie without fast forwarding/pausing.
- Is it possible to make it so when you scroll quickly through Info/Showcase views it displays the letter that you're currently on? It's hard to catch the titles as they whip by.

Also somebody mentioned that the pause menu should show OSD on the bottom with the time remaining - I'd suggest that pause should show BOTH on-screen displays. Showing the one in the middle of the screen with the thumbnail, title, etc. as well as the one along the bottom the time remaining would be a great setup IMO.

And this is purely a feature idea (the skin works fine without it): is it possible to, instead of a scrollbar, have a tiny horizontal alphabet at the bottom of Showcase/Info view and allow you to scroll horizontally by picking a letter? Being able to jump straight to 'N' would be really handy, for example, especially for people with large libraries. I've never seen a skin do this before so maybe it's not possible but I thought it can't hurt to ask :0)

- yadster - 2008-10-03

xb2iris Wrote:well, the context menu has nothing to do with the skin... it's xbmc which specifies which buttons show up where on the context menu, the skin just specifies how it looks... the shutdown menu and the menu with sort by/viewytpe are skin defined... don't think it's an aeon/horizonz issue...

I swapped over to the PMIII skin and I can fetch up the context menu and highlight the 'manual' button but try as I might I just cannot highlight it using the Horizonz skin. Using PMIII I can scroll down the list of tv shows/movies that have been fetched up and choose one to grab the relevant info, or a quick left or right on the dvd remote highlights the 'manual' button should I need to find a different tv show or movie. When I use the Horizonz skin all It lets me do is scroll up or down or choose a show from the list. I'll try later tonight to compare xml files to see if there's a difference.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

- xb2iris - 2008-10-03

midgetspy Wrote:A few more observations I found from using the skin tonight:

- The "info" button (i I think?) does nothing during fullscreen video playback ... on other skins it brings up the OSD that shows the time remaining in the movie. I use this all the time to see how much time is left in the movie without fast forwarding/pausing.
- Is it possible to make it so when you scroll quickly through Info/Showcase views it displays the letter that you're currently on? It's hard to catch the titles as they whip by.

Also somebody mentioned that the pause menu should show OSD on the bottom with the time remaining - I'd suggest that pause should show BOTH on-screen displays. Showing the one in the middle of the screen with the thumbnail, title, etc. as well as the one along the bottom the time remaining would be a great setup IMO.

And this is purely a feature idea (the skin works fine without it): is it possible to, instead of a scrollbar, have a tiny horizontal alphabet at the bottom of Showcase/Info view and allow you to scroll horizontally by picking a letter? Being able to jump straight to 'N' would be really handy, for example, especially for people with large libraries. I've never seen a skin do this before so maybe it's not possible but I thought it can't hurt to ask :0)

yeah, i was just looking into the info thing on video osd due... totally forgot about that... will be there next time... i'll look into the letter display thingy for showcase and info views... not sure how it'll look, but yeah, sounds interesting... the pause menu osd combination is already sorted... so, that's in...

And finally, that last request is really interesting... don't know how to create it, but it sounds really interesting... and actually good... i'll try a few things... if it don't work, i ain't gonna stress...

thanks for the comments and suggestions man... really helpful and inuitive... all a skinner needs... thanks...

- xb2iris - 2008-10-03

yadster Wrote:I swapped over to the PMIII skin and I can fetch up the context menu and highlight the 'manual' button but try as I might I just cannot highlight it using the Horizonz skin. Using PMIII I can scroll down the list of tv shows/movies that have been fetched up and choose one to grab the relevant info, or a quick left or right on the dvd remote highlights the 'manual' button should I need to find a different tv show or movie. When I use the Horizonz skin all It lets me do is scroll up or down or choose a show from the list. I'll try later tonight to compare xml files to see if there's a difference.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

there's a lot of diffences in the xml dude... but yeah, really thought that that would be in there... but yeah, maybe i'm overlooking something... i'll give it a look... well, whatever u find out on ur mission, let me know so my look doesn't need to be to long... but i'll look into it for next release... ok

- XBDD - 2008-10-03

Looking forward to further releases of Horizonz.

Wonder what's next in line for us. You planning anything interesting this time, or will the next update include suggestions and bug solutions like last time?

I love the new OSD system. For me, that was the best part of the last release. Especially the animation effects in it. That was a bonus, on top of all the user requests. I like surprises. So what's next?

- pletopia - 2008-10-03

xb2iris, i was looking at the OSD that comes up when you pause a movie. I know i mentioned that it should also bring up the one from the bottom that shows "how far into the movie" you are. Well .. i was looking at it .. and i know you mentioned you didn't like it from the bottom and thats why you left it out. and i would have to agree now with you .. however i might have a compromise. In the current OSD that comes up, below Runtime there is plenty of space left, why not just put in the "how far into the movie you are with a time bar, hh:mmConfuseds left in movie, hh:mmConfuseds total file length" in that space .. i think it should fit .. whatcha think ??

- xb2iris - 2008-10-03

pletopia Wrote:xb2iris, i was looking at the OSD that comes up when you pause a movie. I know i mentioned that it should also bring up the one from the bottom that shows "how far into the movie" you are. Well .. i was looking at it .. and i know you mentioned you didn't like it from the bottom and thats why you left it out. and i would have to agree now with you .. however i might have a compromise. In the current OSD that comes up, below Runtime there is plenty of space left, why not just put in the "how far into the movie you are with a time bar, hh:mmConfuseds left in movie, hh:mmConfuseds total file length" in that space .. i think it should fit .. whatcha think ??

that's how the old osd was... but had an issue... wanted that middle panel to be an info section... wanted all navigation information to be displayed on the bottom one... so, i killed the progress bar and time frame on the middle panel... guess because of that, i'll just do what you first suggested except i'll let the info panel show up when the info button is pressed... makes sense... but i ain't putting posters and so on on the nav panel... defeats the purpose... hope u like that idea... maybe i'll let both show up when its paused... first see what it looks like...

- xb2iris - 2008-10-03

XBDD Wrote:Looking forward to further releases of Horizonz.

Wonder what's next in line for us. You planning anything interesting this time, or will the next update include suggestions and bug solutions like last time?

I love the new OSD system. For me, that was the best part of the last release. Especially the animation effects in it. That was a bonus, on top of all the user requests. I like surprises. So what's next?

Haven't really dealt with any of the requests i've got just yet... working on something poetic... something interesting... something familar... u'll just have to wait and see how it comes out... guess it's time horizonz spreads its wings a little and flies a little closer to the horizon... don't u think!

- XBDD - 2008-10-03

xb2iris Wrote:Haven't really dealt with any of the requests i've got just yet... working on something poetic... something interesting... something familar... u'll just have to wait and see how it comes out... guess it's time horizonz spreads its wings a little and flies a little closer to the horizon... don't u think!

WOW, that sounds intriguing. Any screenshots yet? Wonder what you have planned.

- XBDD - 2008-10-03

You don't mean you're working on another skin, because that would be a shame, Horizonz is amazing!

- NitrousXBMC - 2008-10-03

Horizonz is very impressive, nice work cleaning this up!

- xb2iris - 2008-10-03

XBDD Wrote:You don't mean you're working on another skin, because that would be a shame, Horizonz is amazing!

nope... still horizonz...

NitrousXBMC Wrote:Horizonz is very impressive, nice work cleaning this up!

thanks dude

XBDD Wrote:WOW, that sounds intriguing. Any screenshots yet? Wonder what you have planned.

no screeners... don't want to ruin it... lets just say, it's very familiar...