Kodi Community Forum
HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Horizonz (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=97)
+----- Thread: HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=37188)

- pletopia - 2008-10-03

Smile

- markiz - 2008-10-03

Just wanted to say thanks for this amazing skin! I'm only using file mode - and everything is really smooth. Also thanks for putting back the showcase views!

A question: I have a folder for every movie. Every folder has a movie.avi and a folder.jpg. Members of my family find it hard to start movies. They click on the movie they want to see. And there are only a .avi file there. But they see a long list of default-images - since they are repeated. And ".." has the same default-image as the .avi-file.

Would it be possible to do this kind of scenario a little more user friendly? Maby you could reuse the folder.jpg for all files, excluding the ".." image? Or maby you could do a specific image for every playable file (.avi etc).

I think there should be some kind of indication of which files that are playable and which that are not.

- xb2iris - 2008-10-04

markiz Wrote:Just wanted to say thanks for this amazing skin! I'm only using file mode - and everything is really smooth. Also thanks for putting back the showcase views!

A question: I have a folder for every movie. Every folder has a movie.avi and a folder.jpg. Members of my family find it hard to start movies. They click on the movie they want to see. And there are only a .avi file there. But they see a long list of default-images - since they are repeated. And ".." has the same default-image as the .avi-file.

Would it be possible to do this kind of scenario a little more user friendly? Maby you could reuse the folder.jpg for all files, excluding the ".." image? Or maby you could do a specific image for every playable file (.avi etc).

I think there should be some kind of indication of which files that are playable and which that are not.

would love to help you out... sounds like a pain in the ass... but yeah, i have no idea how to specify a different icon for different things like (..) for instance... i've included a lot of default icons, but they're section specific, not file specific... don't know if there's a way of specifying icons for the situations you're talking about... wish i knew, so i could help you, but i've created icons for everything in the textures.xpr file i believe to be default icons... no idea, what more i can do... sorry bud... glad u like the skin though...

- BlackRose - 2008-10-04

Read your post to XBDD. Sounds amazing!

C'mon, give us a hint! What you up to?

- rausch101 - 2008-10-04

I only have one thing to say. I've looked at a lot of forums for a lot of different websites (including xbmc obviously) and Xb2iris is hands down the nicest, fastest and most dedicated programmer/skinner/creater I've seen.

Not Playing Videos - PISTONRIPPER - 2008-10-04

I'm having a problem with this skin on the xbox....looks beautiful but wont play any of my avis , although when I select another skin the file plays ....have been trying to sort it out for days but aint getting anywhere with it...I have atlantis beta 1..anyone shed some light on this ?

- Cranial - 2008-10-04

PISTONRIPPER Wrote:I'm having a problem with this skin on the xbox....looks beautiful but wont play any of my avis , although when I select another skin the file plays ....have been trying to sort it out for days but aint getting anywhere with it...I have atlantis beta 1..anyone shed some light on this ?

More detail please. Setup? Components? Have you restarted system after skin switch?

- xb2iris - 2008-10-04

BlackRose Wrote:Read your post to XBDD. Sounds amazing!

C'mon, give us a hint! What you up to?

hahaha... hints are not allowed for now... or actually... they're all over the place...

rausch101 Wrote:I only have one thing to say. I've looked at a lot of forums for a lot of different websites (including xbmc obviously) and Xb2iris is hands down the nicest, fastest and most dedicated programmer/skinner/creater I've seen.

that's saying it... hahaha... why thank you... nice to know!

- xb2iris - 2008-10-04

PISTONRIPPER Wrote:I'm having a problem with this skin on the xbox....looks beautiful but wont play any of my avis , although when I select another skin the file plays ....have been trying to sort it out for days but aint getting anywhere with it...I have atlantis beta 1..anyone shed some light on this ?

don't know if thats an horizonz issue... movies are working on the two xbox's i've used it on... but i have come across out of memory, system not able to play video issues on xboxes... but that was on the old aeon skin... does it work when u play movies on a low memory view such as listHuh? if it does, then its a memory issue and suggest u disable fanart cycling in the aeon features menu... if not, im really not sure... as cranial mentioned... more details would be good?

hard to figure an issue out when u've never come across it before... tell us more... no idea for now Confused

- takagen - 2008-10-04

just popping over to say it's a nice update. Big Grin

- xb2iris - 2008-10-04

takagen Wrote:just popping over to say it's a nice update. Big Grin

thanks... more to come...

- BlackRose - 2008-10-05

More riddles. Well, i guess i'll wait like a good fan should.

Very very excited though, and I'm sure a lot of other people are. Good luck with the process of creation though. Hope it's going great.

- XBDD - 2008-10-05

BlackRose Wrote:More riddles. Well, i guess i'll wait like a good fan should.

Very very excited though, and I'm sure a lot of other people are. Good luck with the process of creation though. Hope it's going great.

Me to. Can't wait!

- rectifier - 2008-10-05

Finally got an account. Happy to say that I've been through many skins, but this one is far the best xbmc skin.

I know this a mod, but since day 1, it's been heading in exactly the right direction, unlike it's father skin. No other skin has as much to offer in my opinion. Not too impressed with the progress been made on aeon stark at the moment, but don't get me wrong, it'll be hard to beat when it comes out. One the other hand, this skin has been developed in exactly the right environment.

Firstly, reading this thread, user input is of the utmost importance. The first release was very stable and ultra-usable, with most of the incomplete features in aeon being available and done just right (how does a skin get such an amazing reputation without a working osd). Secondly, in my opinion, many old features have been revamped based on user input, which is really important. More...

- rectifier - 2008-10-05

Downloaded Volume 2 during the week, and like i said before, user input was the centre of attention, with most of the requests being dealt with and dealt with very well.

And above all, you reply to every single post directed at you, which i believe most of the people on this forum would agree, is amazing. C'mon guys, say thank you, XB2IRIS has been an amazing. He create a mod for himself, shared it with us and helped us give his skin a more personal touch. I salute you!

Anyways, due to the fact that you've spent so much time working on something for us, I've decided to spend a few minutes saying WELL DONE on putting this amazing skin together. Thanks again and I hope more peolple would acknowledge your hard work. Never come across a skinner who works so hard!

Keep the updates coming!