Kodi Community Forum
HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Horizonz (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=97)
+----- Thread: HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=37188)

- xb2iris - 2008-10-09

Tension113 Wrote:What I'd like to know is, when's the next release coming out? What the heck is taking so long?? Stop hanging out in the forums and get this thing moving already! :p

Actually, I don't see what the rush is about.. Just about everything that was either not working or missing, is good now.. I'm pretty happy with the way Horizonz is currently..

As more of a learning experience, I've been messing around with the rss feeds.. I somewhat have it working with the lowered scroller, but not really.. Few other things I'd like to add as well.. Maybe someday I'll make the Horizonz mod mod.. But for now, I think he did a great job on this and I'm looking forward to see what else he has planned..

i'll release the next release when ever i want to... so come back in a year and it may be out... Wink

nyways... good 2 see someone isn't too bothered about when the next release is out... pressure is off... thank goodness... hahaha... a mod mod would be cool... always keen on new ideas or things i could through into the mod... but yeah, things are going well of the developement side of things... through me an idea or two... pm me with a screener... and who knows, maybe i'll include something u've done... thanks for the comments dude

The-Boxhead Wrote:offcourse my post was misunderstood....

I know it's a mod, and yes i know that xb2iris created it for personal use.
i didnt mean anything pushy about my post. i simply said
that maybe x2biris might had misunderstood the reason about strings.. thats
all. dont get this to be a flame about my intentions.

I have created skins myself and know the work and dedication that it takes so dont try and learn me something i know.

damn you guys can be itchy sometimes Wink

yeah, i think some people are a bit to die hard when it comes to the fan thing... but yeah, it does seem forced sometimes... but don't worry, it wasn't taken that way by me myself... so no problem... about what u wanted... i'll definately do the main menu hardcoded labels... but like i mentioned... because i'm continously changing things, i'll only hardcode other things when i feel they are done and perfect... hope that makes sense

- xb2iris - 2008-10-09

midgetspy Wrote:This is not a skin, this is a mod. Aeon is the skin, and afaik it was meant from the beginning for 720p and 1080p resolution only. Also I believe the original developer never finished it and is working on something else, so you're unlikely to see changes beyond the scope of this mod.

u got that right... at least for now...

Elias92 Wrote:Wow, this skin looks really nice!
But will support for 4:3 be added? As it is now, it's quite hard for me to read much of the text.

i wouldn't mind sorting the fonts thing out for 4x3, but as time is short and i'm busy with a lot of other things in the mod, it won't be soon... but rest assured... aeon never had 4x3 support, so if i can get this mod close to complete, i'll definately add that in... i mean, i did chose to optimize this skin for the xbox... so, whats wrong with optimizing it for 4x3 as well... check back later in it's life span...

- The-Boxhead - 2008-10-09

since were in this line of thinking...

the problem why so many mods and or skins is left behind halfway trough is
that skinners try to please everyone including them self. This is offcourse not
possible and suddenly you can get really bored and just drop everything. I know cause i have done mods and skins Wink

So some people in these forums need to understand that it is not possible to include everyones taste in one skin/mod.

Let skinners and modders do their thing first and let them focus on first actually finish something completely. Then when mod/skin is stable and working one can start to tweak stuff.

Also i suggest to skinners that they should work with skins in a SVN repo.
this way all source is kept available to others and its easy to add more members to help out and if for some reason you dont have the time others can easily continue. Mods is aslo easier to do with an open svn.

aoen is not on svn, and look what happened. The org author got tired of it and now all that great work isn't easily available to other in the community. a shame....

- xb2iris - 2008-10-09

The-Boxhead Wrote:since were in this line of thinking...

the problem why so many mods and or skins is left behind halfway trough is
that skinners try to please everyone including them self. This is offcourse not
possible and suddenly you can get really bored and just drop everything. I know cause i have done mods and skins Wink

So some people in these forums need to understand that it is not possible to include everyones taste in one skin/mod.

Let skinners and modders do their thing first and let them focus on first actually finish something completely. Then when mod/skin is stable and working one can start to tweak stuff.

Also i suggest to skinners that they should work with skins in a SVN repo.
this way all source is kept available to others and its easy to add more members to help out and if for some reason you dont have the time others can easily continue. Mods is aslo easier to do with an open svn.

aoen is not on svn, and look what happened. The org author got tired of it and now all that great work isn't easily available to other in the community. a shame....

yeah, i get yah... its very true... but at least i know, i'll be using horizonz for a long time... but like i've told people... i will do as much as i can with suggestions and ideas, and even though i don't quite use the everything the skin has to offer, who knows, i may one day... and when that day comes, i'd hope that it is a working feature... that's why i'm taking requests... but yeah, like u said, skinners get bored and try something else... but yeah, it all depends on the mindset of that skinner i guess... i'm keen on user input, but a few aren't... what can i say... aeon's creator may or may not of got bored of his skin, but i think he geniunely decided to do something else with it... stark will be out one day... and i hope it'll be out at at least a beta stage...

nyways... there'll be an update soon to keep all u mortals happy, haha... l8r

- XBDD - 2008-10-10

Wooo. Seems there are some volatile people on this thread. Also seems, Horizonz is a hot topic these days, which I have to say I completely agree with.

Well, happy everyone is so energetic. Absolutely reved up about the upcoming release, and I bet quite a few people are. Especially the people who have requested something, espeicially the forceful ones, hahaha!

Hope you requesters will give xb2iris a lot of thanks when the next release comes out. I think he deserves all the praise he gets and more.

Everybody, don't forget to say thank you for the things people do for you. It's good manors! LOL! In all seriousness though, I've witnessed so many people ask for features and when it's included, they download the latest release and never take a time to say thank you.

To all the people who do post a short thank you after they are satisfied feature-wise, good on y'all!

- BlackRose - 2008-10-10

Quote:wow... a big brother and a big sister... hmmm... thanks as well for all the backup and encouragement... nice to have a fan... but yeah, like i said to rectifier, i'm well aware of the pressure some people put on me to get a certain this or that done, but i'll do what suits me for the time i have available... there will always be time in the future to do something... so i just add it to my to-do list... rest assured though... i really appreciate everything u say... but i'm a big boy... can take anything anyone dishes out... but yeah, thanks for everything...

Always. You know I'm Horizonz number 1 fan. Hahaha. I know mine and rectifier's messages were a bit over the top, but that's the name of the game. Anyways, that next release can't come any sooner, but it should take a while with all the requests, so take your time.

- xb2iris - 2008-10-10

XBDD Wrote:Wooo. Seems there are some volatile people on this thread. Also seems, Horizonz is a hot topic these days, which I have to say I completely agree with.

Well, happy everyone is so energetic. Absolutely reved up about the upcoming release, and I bet quite a few people are. Especially the people who have requested something, espeicially the forceful ones, hahaha!

Hope you requesters will give xb2iris a lot of thanks when the next release comes out. I think he deserves all the praise he gets and more.

Everybody, don't forget to say thank you for the things people do for you. It's good manors! LOL! In all seriousness though, I've witnessed so many people ask for features and when it's included, they download the latest release and never take a time to say thank you.

To all the people who do post a short thank you after they are satisfied feature-wise, good on y'all!

a thank you goes a long way... and yes, i hope the new release will be a hit... so, keep an eye on this space... somethings about to happen... nyways... thanks for the comments...

BlackRose Wrote:Always. You know I'm Horizonz number 1 fan. Hahaha. I know mine and rectifier's messages were a bit over the top, but that's the name of the game. Anyways, that next release can't come any sooner, but it should take a while with all the requests, so take your time.

so, ur the number 1 fan then... great stuff... yeah, ur messages were a bit graciously snipey... but as i mentioned... thats business... and yes, new release coming soon... hope u like what i've done...

- quebert - 2008-10-10

very nice skin, I tried reading all the pages but there are too many posts, I did search and didn't see anything about this, so let me ask...

Will there ever be 4:3 support? the DVD/CD showcase views the thumbs aspect ratio looks off, sort of smooshed. I know me being 4:3 makes me a minority, but I thought I'd ask if this was going to be added? I did look and saw no options for it in the settings.

still looks pretty nice even in 4:3, I love the CD & DVD views with the cases. A small touch that really add's a lot.

- xb2iris - 2008-10-10

quebert Wrote:very nice skin, I tried reading all the pages but there are too many posts, I did search and didn't see anything about this, so let me ask...

Will there ever be 4:3 support? the DVD/CD showcase views the thumbs aspect ratio looks off, sort of smooshed. I know me being 4:3 makes me a minority, but I thought I'd ask if this was going to be added? I did look and saw no options for it in the settings.

still looks pretty nice even in 4:3, I love the CD & DVD views with the cases. A small touch that really add's a lot.

it doesn't have 4x3 support, due to it being a complete continuation of aeon classic which didn't support this format as well... plus, quebert, this is a mod and not a skin, so the chances of 4x3 being supported in the near future is slim... but, it may just happen at a later stage... first concentrating on getting as many features up and running... sorry about that...

- rectifier - 2008-10-10

Gracious. Love stirring the pot for a good reason, but yes i admit, it was a bit over the top. So sorry to all involved, my bad!

But, as the tables turn I stand by what a few people have said in my defence, effort should be met with rightful praise. How does one not participate without feeling like a freeloader.

We share in the outcome, so why not share in the effort, even if it's as simple as posting a forum reply to show our appreciation.

- rmleal - 2008-10-10

when will it be released

Volume III: Coming Soon - xb2iris - 2008-10-10

This is just a taste of things to come. Look a bit familiar?

Over the past few weeks I've decided to change a few aspects of the interface, modernise a few outdated features and above all, deal with a number of requests I've received since Volume II's release. Thought I'd pay my respects to Aeon Stark (besides the incorrect Album Art for Nine Inch Nail's single Echoplex of course), which for now seems a dormant mammoth of a skin, awaiting release. So, here's a sneak preview of what the Home Page will look like when Volume III of Horizonz arrives.

I'd love to hear what you have to say about it. Your responces will determine when Volume III will be made available. I still have a few things of my own I'd like to tie up before it's released as well.

Volume II is still available on the front page, so if you haven't tried it out just yet, grab a copy (hint...) and send any suggestions my way. Feedback is extremely welcome!

Your turn...!

- The-Boxhead - 2008-10-10

Looking extremely nice. Cool to see that you actually are taking this skin also further and not just polish. Smile

I havent used your eon mod to much, one of the reasons is that it's missing the right X factor. But i might just bellive that you soon will bring that x factor back in the game !!

Please some more teasers ? Smile

looking forward to release ! Smile

- frater - 2008-10-10

On monday world economy will go down the drain, the Internet will stop, there will be no power to feed my xbox and plasma.....

Let us enjoy this weekend with a new release of horizonz Nod

- XBDD - 2008-10-10

That is incredible. Like the screenshots of Stark, but I much prefer the glassed look of Horizonz. So, this is the best of both worlds.

WOW!!! That screenshot is absoluetly stunning XB2IRIS! The now playing panel looks much improved and so does the new positioning of the timepanel. I've always wanted the time panel to move down, because it obscures the faces of people on my backdrops. So, it's absolutely essential that u did that in my opinion. All in all, this screen shot looks better than stark's.

One thing everybody doesn't quite get is that xbmc downloads covers from allmusic, so they have smaller dimensions and thus look fuzzy if stretched, thus in stark most cover art would look a tad fuzzy on the main page. Don't ask me how i know, I just do!

Anyways, I'm really excited with this one. It's going to be a prime time download in my opinion.