Kodi Community Forum
HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Horizonz (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=97)
+----- Thread: HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=37188)

- UND3R ACHI3V3R - 2008-10-12

One thing that really upset me when using the lower home scroller was the disappearance of the rss feed. Can you add it to your mod somehow?

- rayjayy - 2008-10-12

any mirrors for Volume II?

my country bans rapidshare Sad

thanks in advance

- XBDD - 2008-10-12

Another great preview. I have to say, I've never tried the lower screen position since the Aeon days, and that was short lived.

Now, after checking the screenshot out, I'm pretty impressed with what it looks like. I think the time panel does it justice, and makes this view more visually stimulating in my opinion.

Really liking where this mod is going! The future is upon us, and for all of you wanting the time panel back at the top, well, this is the future. Like it or not, it's going to take a bit of getting used to, but in all, it'll feel like a new skin.

I'm so ready for this release.

- missy_xbmc - 2008-10-12

Great! I have to agree with XBDD, i like or even love the new timepanel. It works.

So many people lost their head over the time panel in the stark forum, and they've just complained about the new look in this mod. I don't understand, things need to change to progress, and it looks splendid in my opinion. I just don't get it! Do you want to progress or do u want to keep things the same?

Well, I confirm I love what I see. Too excited for words, so I'll leave the ball in ur court! Can't wait!

- frater - 2008-10-12

I like progress, but I would like to have regular updates...
If for some reason things are heading into a direction I don't like I can revert to another version...

It's very easy to get a situation like Stark... Maybe it will never come and we would have almost died to get the code he was running more than a month ago.

SVN is great for this...

There were some things missing in volume 1 that made me go back to original Aeon.. The volume 2 is missing some minor feature that's already incorporated... Well, yes... this new skin looks stunning and I would like to wait...

But I could have had Horizonz volume 2 with that minor feature for more than a week already.... I know it all sounds a bit ungrateful, but I'm doing my fair share for the public domain as well although it's not skinning.

Regular updates is the key. SVN might be helpful to make this feasable...

- rectifier - 2008-10-12

I'm very impressed XB2IRIS. Not a fan of the scroller being down below, but in the screenshot, with the time panel being where it is, I kinda like it and I'll give it a go.

Good to see you're giving us regular peaks. Not a fan of waiting around unhinted, and I know you've said the update would be out soon, which I believe. Great screenshots!

Looking forward to what you have planned. Great things await this mod.

- xb2iris - 2008-10-12

BlackRose Wrote:Lord, things just keep on getting better. Was going to ask when the Now Playing panel would be added to the lower home screen position. I'm a fan of it as well, but I was convinced, after seeing the last screenshot, I'd revert to the middle of the screen scroller.

But now, with it included on the lower position, I'm well impressed, and really happy to keep things exactly the way I like them. Dam, that's an amazing screenshot.

And I'm happy u decided to omit the rss feed from the lower screener. It would clutter the screen way to much. The point of this view is to focus attention on backdrops and even with the now playing panel, this does the job PERFECTLY!

Well done! Release the Goddamn volume 3 already Smile

it'll be released asap... just trying to get some time free to finish the last few touches... sorry it's taking so long...

Tension113 Wrote:That looks awesome.. I wasn't aware anyone used the higher scroller still.. :p I didn't think I was going to like it, but the time/date does look nice where you have it.. Looks great to me.. I approve Smile

cool cool... thanks... i agree, some people seem to not like the timebar's position... well, that's tough... hehehe...

BlackRose Wrote:One thing I have to add as well.

You're really talented at selecting Backdrop images for screenshots! Since that spiderman screenshot, you've done a wonderful job capturing your skin.

thanks again... i try hard to find just the right backdrop... but most of the time i find pictures by mistake...

- xb2iris - 2008-10-12

Cranial Wrote:I've been quietly idling in the background, watching and waiting. I wanted to leave you be to continue your great work xb2iris..... But I see you feed on praise so praise it shall be Wink

Every screenshot you have posted so far has been amazing. I love what you're doing and highly encourage you to continue on the same path.

It is because of Aeon and now Horizonz Mod that I have got back into my media centre. So... thank you.

I'm still trying to find time to put together some great background pictures, but it'll get there.

i don't feed off praise, i appreciate it... it's always good 2 know someone likes ur work... so, thanks a lot for those comments... much appreciated...

digitalhigh Wrote:SCHWING!!!

Very very sweet, dude. Cannot wait for Vol III. Big Grin

thanks man... soon soon...

- xb2iris - 2008-10-12

BlackRose Wrote:Can't sleep. Thought I'd look if there were anything interesting going on in these forums, and this screenshot popped up!

That's the second time this screenshot captivated me. That backdrop is unbelievable! The Skin passing over the backdrop is even more sensational. I'm in love with that screenshot!

Simply stunning!

ur a tease aren't u... lay off the drugs and alcohol... sleep is good... hahaha!

takagen Wrote:Will we have the option to choose the position for the date & time?
Personally, i still prefer it on the top right.

nope, not at the moment... haven't quite thought of including the past when i'm trying to head in the other direction... the time bar is still the same for the other windows... but, i'll have to sort that out later on... never thought about it...

- xb2iris - 2008-10-12

Cranial Wrote:You're much better at the flattery than myself. Go forth and inspire xb2iris's creative genius.

Oh, and noticed the most recent visitors to your profile? You're garnering some attention I see......

hahaha... u people... why is everybody checking roses profile out... this ain't a chatup room... lordi... guess that's her own fault... hehehe

7s7 Wrote:I have to agree, love what you have done but time panel up the top is much better.

give it a try, u may love it, like my two housemates... it does a lot for backdrops having the panel down there... trust me... the old bar remains in the other sections though... so, u won't miss it for very long...

- xb2iris - 2008-10-12

UND3R ACHI3V3R Wrote:One thing that really upset me when using the lower home scroller was the disappearance of the rss feed. Can you add it to your mod somehow?

looking into it... it's not something i want, but i guess it makes sense... coz u either love or hate the rss panel... it kinda makes the scroller look too large when using it on the lower poistion, but i'll try a few things... might not make it into the next release, coz i'm a bit cluttered with social events right now...

rayjayy Wrote:any mirrors for Volume II?

my country bans rapidshare Sad

thanks in advance

dam... didn't think about that... pm me tomorrow... and i'll sort u a link out... but pm me okay, i need the reminder...

XBDD Wrote:Another great preview. I have to say, I've never tried the lower screen position since the Aeon days, and that was short lived.

Now, after checking the screenshot out, I'm pretty impressed with what it looks like. I think the time panel does it justice, and makes this view more visually stimulating in my opinion.

Really liking where this mod is going! The future is upon us, and for all of you wanting the time panel back at the top, well, this is the future. Like it or not, it's going to take a bit of getting used to, but in all, it'll feel like a new skin.

I'm so ready for this release.

thanks again... lower position ain't my thing either, so editing it wasn't in my interest, see... i do things for u guys... and yeah, future looks great, or hopefully it will be...

- xb2iris - 2008-10-12

missy_xbmc Wrote:Great! I have to agree with XBDD, i like or even love the new timepanel. It works.

So many people lost their head over the time panel in the stark forum, and they've just complained about the new look in this mod. I don't understand, things need to change to progress, and it looks splendid in my opinion. I just don't get it! Do you want to progress or do u want to keep things the same?

Well, I confirm I love what I see. Too excited for words, so I'll leave the ball in ur court! Can't wait!

thanks again missy... its true what u say about the time panel... i'm trying new things and i can't sort everyone's ideals out... the old panel was great, but outdated... this skin needs to move forward... thanks again for ur comments...

frater Wrote:I like progress, but I would like to have regular updates...
If for some reason things are heading into a direction I don't like I can revert to another version...

It's very easy to get a situation like Stark... Maybe it will never come and we would have almost died to get the code he was running more than a month ago.

SVN is great for this...

There were some things missing in volume 1 that made me go back to original Aeon.. The volume 2 is missing some minor feature that's already incorporated... Well, yes... this new skin looks stunning and I would like to wait...

But I could have had Horizonz volume 2 with that minor feature for more than a week already.... I know it all sounds a bit ungrateful, but I'm doing my fair share for the public domain as well although it's not skinning.

Regular updates is the key. SVN might be helpful to make this feasable...

frater, frater, frater... wish i could put this in the scn... but it's not a skin, it's a mod, and that would defeat the purpose of the svn... at least, logically, it would...

i want to do regular releases, but i'm going on holiday, so i'm trying to do as much as i can before then... get it out... so, u guys can build a list of suggestions and all that up over the month, or less, i'll be away... so, i don't want to get everybody too used to regular updates...

don't worry, i don't plan on ditching horizonz, at least until djh_ finds more time to release stark... i will resume production after i go away, which may be in about 2 weeks... who knows, maybe i can get somewhere on holiday to work on horizonz... hehehe...

but yeah, i hope u get why i'm not doing the regular or svn thing now...

rectifier Wrote:I'm very impressed XB2IRIS. Not a fan of the scroller being down below, but in the screenshot, with the time panel being where it is, I kinda like it and I'll give it a go.

Good to see you're giving us regular peaks. Not a fan of waiting around unhinted, and I know you've said the update would be out soon, which I believe. Great screenshots!

Looking forward to what you have planned. Great things await this mod.

Cool cool... great comment... thanks dude... release will happen soon...

- R111 - 2008-10-12

wow XB2IRIS, you post too much in the forum. Tongue

- frater - 2008-10-12

I do hope you have a nice holiday and please, please enjoy it to the fullest and forget all about Horizonz... Don't even peek in this forum because you know you will comment on what's being said.....

Do however release what you have before you rush off... Big Grin

- Tension113 - 2008-10-12

xb2iris Wrote:looking into it... it's not something i want, but i guess it makes sense... coz u either love or hate the rss panel... it kinda makes the scroller look too large when using it on the lower poistion, but i'll try a few things... might not make it into the next release, coz i'm a bit cluttered with social events right now...

Funny.. When Djh first added the lowered scroller option, I missed the rss feed and have been living without it since.. Now that I fixed it up and have it back, I think I like it better without.. Rolleyes