Kodi Community Forum
HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Horizonz (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=97)
+----- Thread: HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=37188)

- sascho - 2008-10-20

Hey thanks for this really nice skin, its only grand!!!!!!

I installed it a few days ago and okay some bugs are posted here already, but what i am missing really is the partymode button in video mode or i couldn´t find it!?!?
Cause most of the time i am just playing music videos in party mode while hanging around with the lads.

Is it possible to add it?
Would be fine to complete this aeon mode for me.....

- xb2iris - 2008-10-20

Inimical Wrote:Is anyone experiencing this issue..

When viewing my movies library in Info or Showcase view, the transition between the different movies is not fluid... As if there's a hiccup between each cover (Not coverart).

I'm using and HTPC.

what u mean between each cover... u mean when fanart changes...?

ewaterke Wrote:Wow, you're fast...

I'll try and let you know.
Thanks again,

Eric

no problemo

BlackRose Wrote:Oh, only noticed today that the time panel needs adjusting because some of the text gets cut off when long dates are displayed.

Have a feeling you knew that already.

Anyways, poll makes sense. Keep up the good work and look forward to seeing what the new View could be!

yeah, i know about that... the new view is a bit of a blur at the moment... but i was thinking of creating a view which only shows the current selected item and its info and nothing else, until you navigate... but thats the thought so far... hehehe...

sascho Wrote:Hey thanks for this really nice skin, its only grand!!!!!!

I installed it a few days ago and okay some bugs are posted here already, but what i am missing really is the partymode button in video mode or i couldn´t find it!?!?
Cause most of the time i am just playing music videos in party mode while hanging around with the lads.

Is it possible to add it?
Would be fine to complete this aeon mode for me.....

is there a party mode button in any of the video sections... never knew that existed, well... i'll have to look into it... shouldn't ur music videos be in the clips section... u can link it u know... oh yeah, but clips don't work so well... nyways... i'll look into it... and come volume iv... we'll see whats changed...

- Inimical - 2008-10-20

xb2iris Wrote:what u mean between each cover... u mean when fanart changes...?

No, even if there's no fanart, going from one cover art to the next is not visibly smooth.

- sascho - 2008-10-20

Yes i know i could link it with clip mode for choosing a special clip, but not entering the partymode. In the pmhd skin you could choose under videos the library mode and than there appears the partymode button where you start the partymode-video.xsp which you have to create before in the userdata folder.
Than it plays the music videos like defined in the partymode-video.xsp file.

It works really good and its perfect to playing 1000´s of clips!!

Thanks for looking into this!!

- sascho - 2008-10-20

Ah i find some more...sorry....while you are playing a music video and than go back to the home screen. On the left the current playing thumbnail is in the wrong format. You know its like a dvd cover but its wrong, the picture is pressed in the width.

The thumbnails are coming from the mtv scrapper and are generated with the xbmc library mode automatically.

In PM3hd its shown well. I think the decision in aeon between dvd(movie) and music video clip is missing maybe? but the library mode of xbmc makes a difference between that.

A cd cover for music mode for example is more a square and this works in aeon.

- missy_xbmc - 2008-10-20

Hey, just put Horizonz on my boyfriends Laptop, and dam, it looks way better than my oldass XBOX.

Guess 720p is the way to go. Need to get my HD cables so it would look better. Don't get me wrong, it still looks better than any other skin, but yeah, I want that computer quality. Too many games for me to turn my back on the XBOX. If only I could play XBOX games on my computer.

Dammit! Anyways, looking forward to whats next.

- xb2iris - 2008-10-21

Inimical Wrote:No, even if there's no fanart, going from one cover art to the next is not visibly smooth.

not getting that problem here... tried this on two xboxes and one of them is prone to memory issues, but no such lag... wonder why that's happening to u... maybe ur moving at almost the same instant the movie fanart or backdrop change is supposed to happen, which may cause a jerk on some occations... but otherwise i can't for the life of me figure ur issue out...

sascho Wrote:Yes i know i could link it with clip mode for choosing a special clip, but not entering the partymode. In the pmhd skin you could choose under videos the library mode and than there appears the partymode button where you start the partymode-video.xsp which you have to create before in the userdata folder.
Than it plays the music videos like defined in the partymode-video.xsp file.

It works really good and its perfect to playing 1000´s of clips!!

Thanks for looking into this!!

okay, get yah, i'll give it a look and if i can figure it out, it'd be in the next release... but that won't be out for quite some time... so, hope you can cope without it for now... here's the easy solution... don't invite ur friends over... hehehe... maybe ur having the issue coz the music ur playing is too geeky... hmmm... sorry dude... i'll look into it...

sascho Wrote:Ah i find some more...sorry....while you are playing a music video and than go back to the home screen. On the left the current playing thumbnail is in the wrong format. You know its like a dvd cover but its wrong, the picture is pressed in the width.

The thumbnails are coming from the mtv scrapper and are generated with the xbmc library mode automatically.

In PM3hd its shown well. I think the decision in aeon between dvd(movie) and music video clip is missing maybe? but the library mode of xbmc makes a difference between that.

A cd cover for music mode for example is more a square and this works in aeon.

i know... this is not aeon remember... things have been changed a great deal... that's why this forum exists, so i can hear what's wrong with the skin... so thanks for letting me know about that issue... but yeah, its showing in that way because its a musicvideo and i've not worked with them before... but i'll look into it... because i have like a million music videos, but i've never added them because i've been too busy with this skin... but yeah, reckon i'm going to use clips as a music video section...

missy_xbmc Wrote:Hey, just put Horizonz on my boyfriends Laptop, and dam, it looks way better than my oldass XBOX.

Guess 720p is the way to go. Need to get my HD cables so it would look better. Don't get me wrong, it still looks better than any other skin, but yeah, I want that computer quality. Too many games for me to turn my back on the XBOX. If only I could play XBOX games on my computer.

Dammit! Anyways, looking forward to whats next.

sort it out... i so know what u mean... but so many people settle, for whatever reason they have... urs is games, and let me tell u, i miss games... i want xbmc to play pc games... but sadly, it does not...

- BlackRose - 2008-10-21

xb2iris Wrote:yeah, i know about that... the new view is a bit of a blur at the moment... but i was thinking of creating a view which only shows the current selected item and its info and nothing else, until you navigate... but thats the thought so far... hehehe...

Oh, thats sounds interesting, but unclear. Do you mean, no other items will be seen on the screen?

- rectifier - 2008-10-21

I used MediaStream for a few days, and its really functional and nice, but I'm still attached to this skin. Just reverted back to Horizonz, and dam, its got something about it!

- xb2iris - 2008-10-21

BlackRose Wrote:Oh, thats sounds interesting, but unclear. Do you mean, no other items will be seen on the screen?

yeah, thats what i meant... really like the idea of focusing exclusively on an item...

rectifier Wrote:I used MediaStream for a few days, and its really functional and nice, but I'm still attached to this skin. Just reverted back to Horizonz, and dam, its got something about it!

thats precisely my intention... thanks

- tuckbodi - 2008-10-21

xb2iris Wrote:for the flickering issue... turn on flicker filter in the screen options, set it to 1 or 2... this should remove that problem...

xb2iris - sorry, I've looked through every setting I could find but I could not find this flicker filter setting. This is in regards to my issue of:

"In Movies/Info view the black info box, to the right of the DVD box, flickers on and off sporadically."

Thx and still digging your skin!

- sascho - 2008-10-21

Hey xb2iris, thank you for looking into this music video stuff and you fast respond, soundBig Grin

its grand to hear that maybe a music video feature will be included to this clip mode and maybe you have once more a good idea to implement a new "clip feature".

I just want to explain that this partymode button could be a fast reachable one in my opinion without toggling through this library mode like in pm3hd. but okay at pm3hd its more usefull to work in file mode with it but maybe in you skin a better way in library mode will be found.

Also fast reachable because this is the only chance to get a really random playing and this everytime partymode will be started and not like this playlist random function which every time it shuffels the files in the same manner.

So good luck with this skin and hopefully fun!!.....i will be back if i found something more...and for sure not only this music video shitSmile

- canyonquest - 2008-10-21

Thanks xb2iris. Truly an honor to get to use this skin.
What do you think of dropping the "now playing" into the lower left when using this view?
Would it even be possible for me to overlay the menu like this?

- tuckbodi - 2008-10-21

canyonquest Wrote:Thanks xb2iris. Truly an honor to get to use this skin.
What do you think of dropping the "now playing" into the lower left when using this view?
Would it even be possible for me to overlay the menu like this?

That's a cool backdrop, where'd you get it? In fact, maybe a general question to XBMC users since I'm so new to the community is where does one find these cool backdrops people post with their screenshots? Do people share these? Guess I could go off and make my own but so time constrained these days.

- hicaow - 2008-10-22

small request .. pm3 has the option to have a playlist start on xbmc boot , so it should be easy to make horizonz do the same ? :]

autostartmanger is broken with new XBMC , reason i noticed this needed to be addressed.

enjoy your vacation :]