Kodi Community Forum
HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Horizonz (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=97)
+----- Thread: HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=37188)

- BlackRose - 2008-11-06

Too all you fans. Spoke to XB2IRIS the other day and he's actually moving oversees. But he said he'd be back up and running in a short while, but moving isn't obviously a quick process, so lets be patient! Great things await us though!

- XBDD - 2008-11-06

Oh Ok. Kinda miss the guy. He's by far the best Developer around these parts. Always kept in touch and done everything he could to help us users.

Hope all goes well and he's back asap!

- Doraemonn - 2008-11-06

Well at least we have Chipy very kindly and expertly contributing some much welcomed tweaks until XB2IRIS comes back Smile

- rectifier - 2008-11-07

Yeah, thanks Chippy. Can't wait for XB2IRIS to get back on here. Unlike other designers, at least he let us know when and where he was dissapearing to. That's respect for you. Great job so far, and I guess it will get better and better!

- dynamix - 2008-11-07

Good luck with moving, xb2iris! I hope your new "home" gives you even more inspiration Wink

- Bram77 - 2008-11-07

I'm adding this amazing mod to the XBMC-Favorites installer. Thanks a lot!

- Chipy - 2008-11-08

Doraemonn Wrote:It's more than OK, it's great! Thank you so much!! I just have a couple of comments:

- Watched/Unwatched info in Info view is in German Smile
- It would be nice if the watched/unwatched icon in Poster/Showcase views was visible at all times, not just when a movie/show is in focus. I love how you sometimes have the icon embedded in the frame of the DVD case (in its lower-left corner). Would it be possible to just do that to all the cases in poster or showcase view? This would allow scrolling rapidly and spotting the unwatched shows straight away without having to focus each one.

Still, even without these changes your improvement is excellent, thanks again for all the hard work Smile

Hello,

i hope this is ok Wink

http://www.bigupload.com/files/PI2EWN7ACE/Rss_and_overlay-07.11.2008.rar.html

2 language files include, with 2 new strings for watch/unwatch
Icons fixed.

Big Announcement (The Return) - xb2iris - 2008-11-08

Hey Guys, long time no see.

In the meantime, here's my story and a short description of Horizonz's future:

Well, if you haven't heard just yet. I've actually been on the move, not on holiday. You can't hide anything these days, didn't want you guys to think Horizonz would be postsponed for too long! So, i'm in Africa, South Africa to be exact, and lifes great, except I don't have an internet connection at home and it's expensive in terms of the fact that I've spent tons moving and getting all set up on this side. Also, and this is the sucky part, my computer and xbox have seemed to lose themselves on their journey overseas. So I'm stuck with a old piece of rubbish pc and no way of testing any xbox features. So, production will be slow and tedious until I can get an internet connection and faster pc which actually doesn't freeze every few minutes. Send me your money dudes, hehehe, send me ur htpc's, hehehe again. Dam, it sucks to make jokes about these things.

Anyways, thought a bit about the future of this skin over the last two tough weeks, and heres what the future holds. Thanks, by the way, for all your replies on the wide icon poll. Needed to know what was going on in your minds. First things first. What's heading your way for Volume IV! Well, here's the three main things i'll be getting into asap:

- I'm creating a UNIVERSAL FRAME which will replace every other frame in Horizonz. There'll be variations in different views obviously, but it'll still look very similar. The reason for this change, is because Horizonz is lacking uniformity which I am a big fan of. I think I was being too optimistic when I created seperate frames for different sections, because it gave you the oppertunity to complain, which i didn't want, but yes. It'll look good and slick, so try to be nicer when this one hits yah.

- After reading your replies and checking your votes on the Widecase Poll, I had two dilemmas. Many people don't care too much about Banner Icons, because they've moved on with the times, but many do still use it, so I couldn't dissapoint any of the two groups and the third group which is me. So, heres what I have planned. Firstly XBMC allows for 10 viewtypes to be created, so I'm limited! So, for my pleasure, I'm erasing the Widecase view to open up a viewtype slot for a new View to be created, but I will create a variant of the List and Poster Views for a cool new Diagonal Wide Icon Idea I have. So, You wide icon fans will have two views, but unfortunately, no Showcase views for now, because I don't have the time to change that one as well. But that'll be dealt with later on, I hope.

- Last thing, obviously got a lot of other requests to deal with, and they'll be sorted to the best of my ability having a shitty computer and all that. Hope you can bare with me. Thanks a lot for all your support and the extra addons that were made in the time i was gone, and CHIPY, sorry i couldn't check your mod out, but this internet cafe blocks that site. Anyway you can upload it to rapidshare for me, so I can see if I can include itHuh?

Anyways, let me know what you think!!!! Wanna hear what input you guys have on the new ideas I've thrown forward. L8r dudes!

- Chipy - 2008-11-08

xb2iris Wrote:Hey Guys, long time no see.

In the meantime, here's my story and a short description of Horizonz's future:

Well, if you haven't heard just yet. I've actually been on the move, not on holiday. You can't hide anything these days, didn't want you guys to think Horizonz would be postsponed for too long! So, i'm in Africa, South Africa to be exact, and lifes great, except I don't have an internet connection at home and it's expensive in terms of the fact that I've spent tons moving and getting all set up on this side. Also, and this is the sucky part, my computer and xbox have seemed to lose themselves on their journey overseas. So I'm stuck with a old piece of rubbish pc and no way of testing any xbox features. So, production will be slow and tedious until I can get an internet connection and faster pc which actually doesn't freeze every few minutes. Send me your money dudes, hehehe, send me ur htpc's, hehehe again. Dam, it sucks to make jokes about these things.

Anyways, thought a bit about the future of this skin over the last two tough weeks, and heres what the future holds. Thanks, by the way, for all your replies on the wide icon poll. Needed to know what was going on in your minds. First things first. What's heading your way for Volume IV! Well, here's the three main things i'll be getting into asap:

- I'm creating a UNIVERSAL FRAME which will replace every other frame in Horizonz. There'll be variations in different views obviously, but it'll still look very similar. The reason for this change, is because Horizonz is lacking uniformity which I am a big fan of. I think I was being too optimistic when I created seperate frames for different sections, because it gave you the oppertunity to complain, which i didn't want, but yes. It'll look good and slick, so try to be nicer when this one hits yah.

- After reading your replies and checking your votes on the Widecase Poll, I had two dilemmas. Many people don't care too much about Banner Icons, because they've moved on with the times, but many do still use it, so I couldn't dissapoint any of the two groups and the third group which is me. So, heres what I have planned. Firstly XBMC allows for 10 viewtypes to be created, so I'm limited! So, for my pleasure, I'm erasing the Widecase view to open up a viewtype slot for a new View to be created, but I will create a variant of the List and Poster Views for a cool new Diagonal Wide Icon Idea I have. So, You wide icon fans will have two views, but unfortunately, no Showcase views for now, because I don't have the time to change that one as well. But that'll be dealt with later on, I hope.

- Last thing, obviously got a lot of other requests to deal with, and they'll be sorted to the best of my ability having a shitty computer and all that. Hope you can bare with me. Thanks a lot for all your support and the extra addons that were made in the time i was gone, and CHIPY, sorry i couldn't check your mod out, but this internet cafe blocks that site. Anyway you can upload it to rapidshare for me, so I can see if I can include itHuh?

Anyways, let me know what you think!!!! Wanna hear what input you guys have on the new ideas I've thrown forward. L8r dudes!

Hello xb2iris,

no problem. Here is the package on rapidshare

http://rapidshare.com/files/161776378/Rss_and_overlay-07.11.2008.rar

- anandus - 2008-11-08

How do I use this skin on the Xbox?

I've upped it to the skin-folder, but it's greyed out in Appearance.
Does this only work on PC?

- Chipy - 2008-11-08

anandus Wrote:How do I use this skin on the Xbox?

I've upped it to the skin-folder, but it's greyed out in Appearance.
Does this only work on PC?

Hello,

no, this skin works on both of hardware.

here is my path on xbox

E:\XBMC\skin\Horizonz - An Aeon Mod\

skin.xml
720p(folder)
etc....

- anandus - 2008-11-08

Chipy Wrote:Hello,

no, this skin works on both of hardware.

here is my path on xbox

E:\XBMC\skin\Horizonz - An Aeon Mod\

skin.xml
720p(folder)
etc....
Aha, I see, I had that in the folder Horizonz_-_Volume_III.
Probably wasn't paying attention unzipping Wink

Thanks!

- Doraemonn - 2008-11-08

Chipy Wrote:Hello xb2iris,

no problem. Here is the package on rapidshare

http://rapidshare.com/files/161776378/Rss_and_overlay-07.11.2008.rar

Chipy, you nailed it! The watched/unwatched icons in Showcase mode are now perfect, thank you!!

My only comment is that when you changed the language strings I think a couple of mistakes stepped in - The "Screen" settings menu label is missing an R, and the "TV SHOWs" entry has a lowercase s, which is a bit strange.

Still, now that the Watched icon is in place in the frame, the TV shows functionality is a lot more usable, and it's exactly how I hoped it would be... So I really hope X2BIris keeps it when he releases version IV Wink

Thanks for the hard work! You're the man!

- Cranial - 2008-11-09

Doraemonn Wrote:My only comment is that when you changed the language strings I think a couple of mistakes stepped in - The "Screen" settings menu label is missing an R, and the "TV SHOWs" entry has a lowercase s, which is a bit strange.

Here you go, fixed those two things (Hope you don't mind Chipy)...

Fixed Chipy Mod

- Doraemonn - 2008-11-09

Looks good, thank you!

I just noticed it still says "episoden" instead of "episodes" in the info panels, but that's really minor and easy to fix.

You guys are great Smile