Kodi Community Forum
HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Horizonz (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=97)
+----- Thread: HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=37188)

- anandus - 2008-11-28

pletopia Wrote:look a few posts into the past in this thread and look for an update uploaded by chipy .. and i think you'll find what you need
Ah, I found it. Here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/161776378/Rss_and_overlay-07.11.2008.rar

There were a few errors in language/English/strings.xml (eg. SCEEN instead of SCREEN and TV SHOWs instead of TV SHOWS), but that was easily edited.

I'll see if I can donate to get IV on the road!

- Chipy - 2008-11-28

anandus Wrote:Ah, I found it. Here:

There were a few errors in language/English/strings.xml (eg. SCEEN instead of SCREEN and TV SHOWs instead of TV SHOWS), but that was easily edited.

here is the part with fixed strings.xml

http://rapidshare.com/files/162082866/Rss_and_watched_icons-09.11.2008.rar

- xb2iris - 2008-11-29

anandus Wrote:Ah, I found it. Here:

thanks man... wasn't aware i messed that up... and please, if you can donate, that would be great, because things have slowed down donation wise... and i'm so hating the fact that I've got all this free time and no way of using it constructively... wish i had spare money laying around, but unfortunately... i don't, so if you could help out that would be swell!

Chipy Wrote:here is the part with fixed strings.xml

http://rapidshare.com/files/162082866/Rss_and_watched_icons-09.11.2008.rar

thanks again chips... ur updates are always good 2 see...

- pletopia - 2008-11-29

thx x2biris .. didn't realize that there was a "Disable scrolling" setting

- HexusOdy - 2008-11-29

I've found a small bug.

I got a little bored of the grey background so changed it to something new manually in the Aeon settings. All worked fine except TV shows which now only ever shows black, even though in the background settings it shows the right thumbnail. Tried different BG and always the same for TV shows.

Also, where is the default grey background stored? That way I can just overright the file ad change all at once.

- Arkady - 2008-11-29

I am not sure if this is desgin, system limitation or bug, but when scrolling through movies it takes a second or two for the background to be changed to the background of the movie (fan art).
Would it be possible ot configure the system to not have this delay? IE when scolling movies (or any other media with fan art), the wallpaper would immediately change to that of the selected item. If the item is left untouched, its info pops up (like it does now).
This is relevant to the "Info" and "Showcase" views.

Thanks, and keep up the good work.

Edit; On that note, would it be possible to force XBMC to download all fan art that is availible for an item (movie, TV show, etc) and display a different one, randomly? The box art would have to stay the same, to avoid confusion, of course.

- xb2iris - 2008-12-01

pletopia Wrote:thx x2biris .. didn't realize that there was a "Disable scrolling" setting

yeah, that happens... i forget about it as well sometimes... but its on by default because it gets my nerves when things move sometimes... hehehe...

HexusOdy Wrote:I've found a small bug.

I got a little bored of the grey background so changed it to something new manually in the Aeon settings. All worked fine except TV shows which now only ever shows black, even though in the background settings it shows the right thumbnail. Tried different BG and always the same for TV shows.

Also, where is the default grey background stored? That way I can just overright the file ad change all at once.

thats not a bug, its just a glitch in the way this thing is made... if a black backdrop is shown, it's because an empty folder is assigned to the set Tv background folder... and since folder orientated backdrops take preference... its overhauling the single backdrop u've used for tv shows... so, click on the change tv folder backdrop, then exit the browse window, and the change tv folder will change to clear tv folder or something like that... click it again... and then set the single backdrop u'd want to use... that should work... but, u can always reset all horizonz settings... thats would definately work... hehehe...

Arkady Wrote:I am not sure if this is desgin, system limitation or bug, but when scrolling through movies it takes a second or two for the background to be changed to the background of the movie (fan art).
Would it be possible ot configure the system to not have this delay? IE when scolling movies (or any other media with fan art), the wallpaper would immediately change to that of the selected item. If the item is left untouched, its info pops up (like it does now).
This is relevant to the "Info" and "Showcase" views.

Thanks, and keep up the good work.

Edit; On that note, would it be possible to force XBMC to download all fan art that is availible for an item (movie, TV show, etc) and display a different one, randomly? The box art would have to stay the same, to avoid confusion, of course.

its there on purpose, so it allows for better smoother navigation through a list of files... so, its put in there on the principle of design... too speed the process up... i had what u wanted once upon a time, but lots of people complained... think about those that have 1000's of movies in their collection... it would an hour to navigate their list... which isn't exactly good design... had to cater for everyone, and this was the best way i guess... theres a discussion about this topic in one of the other forum topics in the horizonz sub-forum... go check it out... oh, and sadly... ur second question is kinda impossible at the moment... thats an xbmc question... maybe u should make an xbmc feature request...

- Arkady - 2008-12-01

xb2iris Wrote:its there on purpose, so it allows for better smoother navigation through a list of files... so, its put in there on the principle of design... too speed the process up... i had what u wanted once upon a time, but lots of people complained... think about those that have 1000's of movies in their collection... it would an hour to navigate their list... which isn't exactly good design... had to cater for everyone, and this was the best way i guess... theres a discussion about this topic in one of the other forum topics in the horizonz sub-forum... go check it out... oh, and sadly... ur second question is kinda impossible at the moment... thats an xbmc question... maybe u should make an xbmc feature request...

Thanks for the response.
Is there any chance that the timer to display fan art would be configurable? That way people with a faster computer/smaller collection could enjoy nicer presentation, while people with slower computer/xbox/larger collections could have better usability.

If not, any way to manually configure it somewhere deep in the bowels of the XBMC (or skin?) XMLs?

- Ayla - 2008-12-01

Arkady Wrote:Thanks for the response.
Is there any chance that the timer to display fan art would be configurable? That way people with a faster computer/smaller collection could enjoy nicer presentation, while people with slower computer/xbox/larger collections could have better usability.

If not, any way to manually configure it somewhere deep in the bowels of the XBMC (or skin?) XMLs?

Read here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=40171

I asked the same...

- yadster - 2008-12-01

Is there any way that when browsing TV shows, films etc that if there isn't an assigned thumb/poster you can disable the DVD case from been shown??

- DrEaD - 2008-12-01

please! update! this is a great candidate for BEST EVER skin for XBOX media center

without the cover of the game, it would be better

and certainly with the startup playlist.. xbox users are forgeted by almost skinners Sad

another thing, why only for users of large screens in 16:9?

- pletopia - 2008-12-01

DrEaD Wrote:another thing, why only for users of large screens in 16:9?

this is based off of Aeon .. which was created specifically as a HD-only skin .. hence this "mod", which will prolly be in reality what djh meant as Aeon "Classic" but since its SOOOO good (thx x2biris) we don't call it a mod anymore but rather Horizon, is also HD-only

- xb2iris - 2008-12-02

Arkady Wrote:Thanks for the response.

nope, can't be done, because its hardcoded into animation effects and so on... so, that wouldn't be possible... the only way you can get what you wanted is by customizing that animation... i'll explain in the other forum topic... or at least, not having the code anywhere close (no pc)... i'll try to out of my head...

Ayla Wrote:Read here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=40171

I asked the same...

thanks for pointing arkady out...

yadster Wrote:Is there any way that when browsing TV shows, films etc that if there isn't an assigned thumb/poster you can disable the DVD case from been shown??

there is a way, but it's not a good idea, trust me, it looks rather untidy without the frames... that will never cut it with the masses, so i don't think i'd be able to include it in a release, but u can customize it yourself, by going through CommonContent.xml, FullscreenViews.xml and WallViews.xml and removing which ever frame <image> tag you want... the listitem.thumb image tags are the thumbnails though... so good luck with that if u chose to go and tweak it... sorry i can't help out any better...

- xb2iris - 2008-12-02

DrEaD Wrote:please! update! this is a great candidate for BEST EVER skin for XBOX media center

without the cover of the game, it would be better

and certainly with the startup playlist.. xbox users are forgeted by almost skinners Sad

another thing, why only for users of large screens in 16:9?

game covers are out for next release, and startup playlist is in... and unfortunately, 4x3 support will only find its way in when im happy with the skin... thanks for your comments man... much appreciated

pletopia Wrote:this is based off of Aeon .. which was created specifically as a HD-only skin .. hence this "mod", which will prolly be in reality what djh meant as Aeon "Classic" but since its SOOOO good (thx x2biris) we don't call it a mod anymore but rather Horizon, is also HD-only

for now yes... but one day, i promise ill look into better compatibility! thanks for helping out pletopia

A New Horizon - xb2iris - 2008-12-04

With the donation tab closed and all that controversy behind us... I'm here to inform you of the Future of Horizonz!

Firstly, Horizonz is still a mod of Aeon, and will remain so until it is near completion... which will be soon enough... after this, developement will begin the bridge off in another direction... this direction will be more graphically orientated, with a more original look and feel to set Horizonz apart from its parent skin... i.e. similar to the concept of Aeon Stark... I few things will change, but the overall idea will remain, with a facelift... I hope that sounds as exciting to you as it does to me... I've been taking requests and opinions for quite a long time now, and what this tactic has employed is a better knowledge of what you guys want, so I can put together a slick and more user friendly skin based on your perspectives... if you get what I mean...

Anyways, still sitting without a computer so Volume IV is obvioulsy delayed until I'm able to get my hands on one. Your donations are still very welcome and can help a lot in changing my current status, but obviously, I've come across as being a bit too excited about getting back up and running, and in such, I've forgotten about the ethics of xbmc... and for that I apologize to everyone! Obviously, I'm addicted to skinning!

Well, more screenshots heading your way! May put one or two up tomorrow, so check back then. Speak to you guys later, and I hope to be able to drop Volume IV on here asap!