Kodi Community Forum
HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Horizonz (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=97)
+----- Thread: HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=37188)

- Cranial - 2008-12-17

End3r Wrote:I copied the HorizonZ folder to my Skin folder on XBMC Live and for some reason when I go to appearance settings HorizonZ is there but it is grayed out and will not let me select it.

Anyone one have any idea what the problem is?

Thanks.

Add the sub-folder to the skins folder. So it goes:

Skins
-Horizonz
--720p
--fonts

Solution to WideCase Views - Pr.Sinister - 2008-12-17

Hi XB2IRIS,

I was thinking, instead of trying to force a Widecase View, why not just have
an option of not using frames and a set height/weight ?

By doing this, the Wide Icons will look just fine in poster view, showcase or even
Info since you are not resizing them and they will just show in their original aspect
ratio.

I like frames/dvd boxes and all but there is a lot of non-movie content where my
folder.jpg or filename.tbn file is not in the aspect ratio of a movie poster/dvd cover
so by eliminating the forced display of the thumb inside a box, they will look just
fine for us non-poster fans.

Just a thought...

-Pr.

- pecinko - 2008-12-17

pecinko Wrote:do it man... i like acens, but anything close with better international fonts would be great... will put some time into new fonts as soon as i can...

I think that Acens can stay (menu font). It will suffice to change Frutiger (movie plots) with it's CE/unicode version.

- xb2iris - 2008-12-17

dynamix Wrote:As you are completing the feature set, how about adding weather fanart support?

The Weather Channel

Weather fanart

thats an idea... we'll see what happens

Cranial Wrote:xb2iris,

I love the work, but I have to say the new universal frame setup just isn't doing it for me. For me it seems to be going away from the sleek look of Aeon/Horizonz. If anything, the frame actually draws attention away from the movie poster, and also from the background. It's drawing too much attention.

Just my 2 cents though.

Otherwise, great work.

those frames aren't staying in, they are an idea for changing later on... graphically, this skins gonna change a ton... but for now, getting ideas together, so everyone knows where this and that comes from... the universal frame idea is great, the frame doesn't look great though... but that'll change... some old mockups hitting u later in the week!

End3r Wrote:I copied the HorizonZ folder to my Skin folder on XBMC Live and for some reason when I go to appearance settings HorizonZ is there but it is grayed out and will not let me select it.

Anyone one have any idea what the problem is?

Thanks.

think u got helped

- xb2iris - 2008-12-17

Pr.Sinister Wrote:Hi XB2IRIS,

I was thinking, instead of trying to force a Widecase View, why not just have
an option of not using frames and a set height/weight ?

By doing this, the Wide Icons will look just fine in poster view, showcase or even
Info since you are not resizing them and they will just show in their original aspect
ratio.

I like frames/dvd boxes and all but there is a lot of non-movie content where my
folder.jpg or filename.tbn file is not in the aspect ratio of a movie poster/dvd cover
so by eliminating the forced display of the thumb inside a box, they will look just
fine for us non-poster fans.

Just a thought...

-Pr.

well, not like that because when creating views like showcase, theres a set width and height u set, and thus, if those are changed, the original will have spaces in between them... which is a no go... this was an idea so that i wouldn't tamper with the originals... and i still believe its a great idea... not forced as many suggested... it doesn't look great yet, but it will once the graphic overhaul happens... thing is... and removing the thumb frame, would make this skin look cheap... and destroy a lot of its appeal... plus, u'd still need a shape to keep unifromity and avoid untidiness... thats just how it plays logically in my mind right now...

Cranial Wrote:Add the sub-folder to the skins folder. So it goes:

Skins
-Horizonz
--720p
--fonts

thanks for helping the dude out!

pecinko Wrote:I think that Acens can stay (menu font). It will suffice to change Frutiger (movie plots) with it's CE/unicode version.

thats an idea

- Se7enDays - 2008-12-21

I turned from original aeon to horizonz. I have a question concerning the backdrops in the home screen. When music is playing the music info is shown and the skin is cycling through the backdrops of each menu item. However, after a few minutes the screen fades to black and the text in the menu bar is gone. Is there an option to disable this option so that it keeps cycling through my backdrops?

- digitalhigh - 2008-12-21

The screen going black...u mean the screensaver? there is no fanart screensaver yet. best bet is to point the slideshow ss at ur fanart folder.

- Se7enDays - 2008-12-21

yes. i think it was the screensaver. stupid me.

i wish a fanart screensaver for xmas Smile

Another question though: There is no OSD shown when I increase or decrease the sound or when I mute the sound. Is there an option for that? A little bar would be nice when the movie is in fullscreen.

- Cranial - 2008-12-22

Se7enDays Wrote:yes. i think it was the screensaver. stupid me.

Another question though: There is no OSD shown when I increase or decrease the sound or when I mute the sound. Is there an option for that? A little bar would be nice when the movie is in fullscreen.

I think you may have to wait for version IV for that. Some great improvements coming in that regard.

- xb2iris - 2008-12-22

Se7enDays Wrote:I turned from original aeon to horizonz. I have a question concerning the backdrops in the home screen. When music is playing the music info is shown and the skin is cycling through the backdrops of each menu item. However, after a few minutes the screen fades to black and the text in the menu bar is gone. Is there an option to disable this option so that it keeps cycling through my backdrops?

thats never happened to anyone i know and its never been mentioned in here before... that odd bahavior dude... oh, i see now... screensaver talk later... oops... ur bad...

digitalhigh Wrote:The screen going black...u mean the screensaver? there is no fanart screensaver yet. best bet is to point the slideshow ss at ur fanart folder.

screensaver... should have known!

Se7enDays Wrote:yes. i think it was the screensaver. stupid me.

that'll be in volume iv...

Cranial Wrote:I think you may have to wait for version IV for that. Some great improvements coming in that regard.

thanks for pointing that out dude...

Anouncement: Concept Art Available - xb2iris - 2008-12-22

Hey, if you haven't yet... check out some new concept art i've posted for Volume V and beyond... and let me know what guys think!!!! Here's a link:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42359

Merry Xmas!!!! - xb2iris - 2008-12-24

Just want to wish all of you a merry xmas! Hope u have a great time y'all! Thanks for all the support in 2008!

- omontero - 2008-12-30

Merry Xmas, Happy New Year and thanks for your awesoem skin.

My only wish is some kind of 4 x 3 support for 2009.

- MrTourettes - 2008-12-31

Hi, LOVE this theme.. If you have noticed from my other posts I am new to XBMC and new to these forums so still trying to work my way around and read as much as I can.

I have a question about browsing movies and tv shows in Showcase mode. Sorry if this has been asked and answered earlier on in this thread but after about 20 pages of trying to read through I was losing the will to live and searching did not bring anything obvious up.

Anyway...When browsing in Showcase I notice that the fanart will appear in the background after a few seconds but as soon as you move to next movie, tv show it will put the default image back.

My question is... Is it possible to have the fanart drawn as soon as you move over the movie so you dont keep having the default background drawn. Or even if it left the last viewed background there until you hold at new item long enough for it to draw that one.

I have searched and did find a post about changing a value in the infcludes file from 2000 but I found this made my system a bit jerky.

I am running the PC version of the software and my media box is a core 2 duo with 4gb mem running at 1333mhz and an ati 3870 video card so it has some grunt behind it.

EDIT : FOUND WHAT I WAS LOOOKING FOR Smile

- krypt2nite - 2008-12-31

Please tourettes how did you achieve this. I have every pretty much setup how I like it. Lots of XML editing these past few days. That is also bothering me especially because it draws the fanart first then puts the default background image on top of it so it redraws the background and you can notice it.

How do I change that? Thanks!