KML2 Browser - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Python Add-on Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: KML2 Browser (/showthread.php?tid=3729)
- zilvershadow - 2004-05-22 00:22
i'm proud to present to you my kml browser.
browse all shoutcast streams online. very fast!
with an up to date shoutcast database.
webradio 2 / kml browser
<span style='color:red'>updated v0.11:</span>
* better fonts copied from blueblack
* status dialogs (for playlists, downloads, error reporting)
* fixed most lockups
* cache dir moved to q:\scripts\simplekml\ (where also transparent gifs are stored)
* added mp3 description fadelabel
* removed "connecting..." message
* ntsc / pal compatability (hopefully works, let me know).
* transparent gifs!
* font fix (i included fonts)
* removed annoying dialogs?!
* better error handling
* fixed remote issues
* now exit by pressing (back) on controller or (menu) on remote
* updated required python libs
* cache dir moved to z:\\
* font size update
* code cleanup
* back keyaction fixed
* return to home on error
* escaped characters fix
* home.xml fix
* strings updated to webradio 2
* easy install (just copy the folders to your xbmc dir)
* i cant use action_skip_next/previous to change next/previous page because these are already assigned to the playlist.
* unable to draw rectangles/lines
left: previous page
right: next page
(left) : previous page
(right): next page
(up): move up
(down): move down
- ent - 2004-05-22 02:33
wow! very nice. all it needs is a little cleanup with those colors and perfect.
- san9jay - 2004-05-22 12:44
looks good. i tried to get it to work but i just get a dialog box saying view list: sort by name and then it hangs.
- zilvershadow - 2004-05-22 13:06
it is because there had to be a directory q:\\scripts\\cache\\
this is fixed in the new version
- bitplane - 2004-05-22 21:28
- floink - 2004-05-22 22:46
looks promising. it starts fine but i don't get any texts displayed. and i did copy the supplied strings.xml to my box tho i renamed the folder to english2 just so i could keep the original. so with no txts theres nothing to do. second thing: is it usable with dvd remote? third: i can't seem to exit the script once its started? but maybe that is due to that i don't see any text?
and last the images are they downloaded from somewhere? if so it's kinda hard to control the alpha channels. if not, i know all about transparent gifs and gif anims on xbmc so i can help out with that.
- zilvershadow - 2004-05-22 23:13
Quote: it starts fine but i don't get any texts displayed.hmm thats bizar that it doesnt display texts. do you see images drawn over the text? cant you see any texts? did you try to run the script from scripts?
Quote:second thing: is it usable with dvd remote?the dvd remote acts a little weird. when i press a key the script ends. it seems that the remote sends more than one buttonpress that causes the script to exit. i'm working on it. it is better to control it with the controller atm.
Quote:third: i can't seem to exit the script once its started?you can exit using the black button. or menu on remote.
Quote:and last the images are they downloaded from somewhere? if so it's kinda hard to control the alpha channels. if not, i know all about transparent gifs and gif anims on xbmc so i can help out with that.the images are downloaded and stored on hdd. it should be possible to detect the alpha channels with some coding so i have the right colorkey
- floink - 2004-05-23 00:15
i don't seem to have any texts @ll. the images are there. when i go right with dvd-remote button images dissapear and there are no texts 'under' the gfx. navigation worx so the script seems to run fine.
i don't usually have my gamepad connected. maybe i'll wait or maybe i'll connect one.
exiting don't work with 'menu' on remote or 'black' on gamepad (for me). have to shut down xbox to reset.
re alpha channels: coding? now you lost me
- san9jay - 2004-05-23 09:12
i have the same issues as floink.
no text cannot navigate past the first screen and cannot exit.
- andrewjm - 2004-05-23 09:31
it loads fine and shows all the listings, but i cannot get it to play any music. when i click on a song, it loads the next page, but i hear nothing...
the first page says database offline. does this have something to do with it?