Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] iTunes and iPhoto integration plugins for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] iTunes and iPhoto integration plugins for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=37313)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

- Boseman - 2010-01-05

I do get the same errors in the log, but I also get the iPhoto screen with the <<Import My iPhoto Library>> I select it and it imports the iPhoto library. Selecting the Events give me my Photos.

- Zarch - 2010-01-06

Boseman Wrote:I do get the same errors in the log, but I also get the iPhoto screen with the <<Import My iPhoto Library>> I select it and it imports the iPhoto library. Selecting the Events give me my Photos.

When i choose "import", it hangs for a second, but does nothing. (and subsequently there are no pictures in events etc)

Is there any chance you could post your log on pastebin so i could look for differences? Many Thanks.

- interceptor121 - 2010-01-06

Zarch
Have you tried rebuilding the iPhoto library? Maybe there is some corruption there that sends XBMC crazy
Press command and option and then open iPhoto to rebuild

- Zarch - 2010-01-06

interceptor121 Wrote:Zarch
Have you tried rebuilding the iPhoto library? Maybe there is some corruption there that sends XBMC crazy
Press command and option and then open iPhoto to rebuild

I will give it a whirl, but it's working fine through iPhoto.

What version of iPhoto are you guys using? I'm on the latest update of iPhoto 09. (I wonder if the database layout is different in later versions?)

I've just ordered a ATV from apple refurb, so i'll be having fun with the plugin on there as well as my Macbook! LOL. Eek

Actually the plug in does not work
I have copied the whole library onto the ATV
If I browse the pictures manually looking into the Originals folder they play fine but using the plug in it says 0.0 Kb...

- Zarch - 2010-01-06

interceptor121 Wrote:Actually the plug in does not work
I have copied the whole library onto the ATV
If I browse the pictures manually looking into the Originals folder they play fine but using the plug in it says 0.0 Kb...

Phew, glad i'm not the only one....... what next?

How can we get some boffin to look at this? Big Grin

I'm baffled by how Boseman has it working though...... what version of iPhoto are you using Boseman?

- pecinko - 2010-01-06

Zarch Wrote:Phew, glad i'm not the only one....... what next?

We need someone with python knowledge to take a look...

- Boseman - 2010-01-06

As stated in my most recent example:

"iPhoto plugin within the XBMC Application ((XBMC/Contents/Resources/XBMC/plugins/pictures/iPhoto)"

Just copy it into your /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/XBMC/plugins/pictures path.

For iPhoto the app "iPhoto 8.1.1" iPhoto '09

I got it to work

The issue is in the AlbumData.xml

Here no matter what you do with the shares the username of the computer where iPhoto Library gets in the way (that is probably why those who have iPhoto library on another drive have no problems)
I either copy the whole folder or do a symlink but then I need to find and replace all the USERNAME with frontrow in AlbumData.XML

Then it works fine otherwise it gives me pictures of 0 Kb

- pecinko - 2010-01-06

Boseman Wrote:As stated in my most recent example:

"iPhoto plugin within the XBMC Application ((XBMC/Contents/Resources/XBMC/plugins/pictures/iPhoto)"

Just copy it into your /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/XBMC/plugins/pictures path.

For iPhoto the app "iPhoto 8.1.1" iPhoto '09

Well I already have it there, so no need for links? However it's not working. xbmciphotodb.db is being generated but it's empty. Could you start iPhoto plugin import and post your log?

EDIT: Forget it. I just saw interceptor121 probably found a problem.

- Boseman - 2010-01-06

interceptor121 Wrote:I got it to work

The issue is in the AlbumData.xml

Here no matter what you do with the shares the username of the computer where iPhoto Library gets in the way (that is probably why those who have iPhoto library on another drive have no problems)
I either copy the whole folder or do a symlink but then I need to find and replace all the USERNAME with frontrow in AlbumData.XML

Then it works fine otherwise it gives me pictures of 0 Kb

Not sure I understand. Are you accessing your iPhoto Library from the Apple TV?

- Boseman - 2010-01-06

pecinko Wrote:Well I already have it there, so no need for links? However it's not working. xbmciphotodb.db is being generated but it's empty. Could you start iPhoto plugin import and post your log?

I take it "already have it there" means that your iPhoto Library resides in your /Users/<username>/Pictures folder?

Are you running this on your Mac or accessing from an ATV?

Running XBMC on the apple tv and accessing the library on a macbook where the library is in the pictures folder of my home directory

- pecinko - 2010-01-06

Boseman Wrote:I take it "already have it there" means that your iPhoto Library resides in your /Users/<username>/Pictures folder?

Are you running this on your Mac or accessing from an ATV?

Right. Local library in a default location. Running XBMC 9.11, on 10.5.8 and trying to import iPhoto 8.1.1 (419) library.

On the other hand - I have no problem with iTunes plugin.

In my case the plugin seems to work either with local or remote iPhoto library I get a nice progress bar with 1347 pictures
However there is a problem with the pictures themselves because they are 0 kb
It would seem that it takes the location of the pictures from the AlbumData.xml file no matter what you do with the shares and as on the ATV there is no way to define a directory such as Users/Username/Pictures that is not local you then run into problems
If the path where the pictures are stored would just be called Netdrive/Pictures for example there would not be an issue as this is clearly not a local path and the ATV would be looking on the network
I have not attempted to do this but I guess that if you move the iPhoto library in a folder that is not within the users home directories and is simply something like Server/Pictures there would not be problems