Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] iTunes and iPhoto integration plugins for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] iTunes and iPhoto integration plugins for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=37313)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

- steve1977 - 2010-03-20

Any hope to see this working again soon? Also anyone working on support for Aperture 3?

- pecinko - 2010-04-09

steve1977 Wrote:Bringing this up again. The iPhoto plugin continues not working for me. Please see above. Also tried with final Camelot built, but nothing changed. Thanks in advance for your help!!!

This is definitely broken. Just tried on Macbook pro, OS X 10.6.3 and iPhoto 8.1.2 - import does not work.

Users with working plugin probably imported their content a while ago.

EDIT: It's working in Boxee.
EDIT2: Well not quite. Both Boxee and XBMC browse iphoto db, they're NOT importing it.

- Boseman - 2010-04-10

Please don't misunderstand the following. I realize there are some folks that report issues with this, believe there could be a much better implementation, and there seems to be very little developer support, but

I can't speak for Boxee, but as I have stated, I have the iTunes and iPhoto plugins working.....and of course, I state that based on actually "importing" the content on the following release environment.
Stock plugins from the XBMC 9.11 release
XBMC 9.11 R26108
AppleTV or Mac OS X 10.6.3
Host OS X release 10.6.3 for AppleTV 3.0.2
iPhoto 8.1.2
iTunes 9.1

The actual iTunes content and the iPhoto Library package are located on an external drive.

Gotchas for me were:

Any symlink that I use must be made from the ln command rather than creating an OS X alias.
The iPhoto Library package is symlinked in the ~/Music folder.
I use afp to mount network drives on the AppleTV. I have made SMB work on prior releases physically mounting them (not the XBMC client), but have not tried this yet on 10.6.
In my case, as stated, the iPhoto Library package is physically located on an external drive. Inspecting the AlbumData.xml file in the iPhoto Library package, there is a nice clean physical path in the archive path string about 7 lines down.
<string>/Volumes/Media/Pictures/iPhoto Library</string>
However, if you use the booted systems drive for your iPhoto Library (default location), not so clean. Have not tried to work around this yet.

Again, not discounting those who have not made it work, just wanting to give another view and would love to see a better implementation.

- pecinko - 2010-04-11

Boseman Wrote:The actual iTunes content and the iPhoto Library package are located on an external drive.

I have local library in default location.

- Boseman - 2010-04-11

pecinko Wrote:I have local library in default location.

Yeah, my experience with this was that the "import" seemed to work fine (found the AlbumData.xml), in that it went thru the motions of adding all my photos, album, and event information, but when I went to view the actual photo, nothing was there. My theory is that the plugin gets the actual media location from the archive string and that it needs to be the complete path.

- destinyking - 2010-04-21

Thankx FoR Helping Me Adam h...

- lona79 - 2010-04-24

I've Iphoto library in default position, but plugin don't work.

Help me, thanks

- pecinko - 2010-04-25

Dear devs, could using Karelia iMedia Browser, framework and test application for browsing media on Mac OS X, help XBMC in getting better iLife/Aperture integration?

It's opensource. http://code.google.com/p/imedia/

- lona79 - 2010-05-01

lona79 Wrote:I've Iphoto library in default position, but plugin don't work.

Help me, thanks

Any news for this problem?

Thank's

- lona79 - 2010-05-17

lona79 Wrote:Any news for this problem?

Thank's

:confused2:

- lona79 - 2010-05-21

SadSadSad

[Live] Integration with iPhoto / iTunes library? - monty77uk - 2010-06-03

Hi all,

Currently have an Acer REVO running XBMC front end under Live, the media is stored on an OSX 10.6.3 hackintosh box acting as media server.

My iTunes / iPhoto libraries are on the hackintosh server, what's the best way to get XBMC (Live) to read these?

Thanks!
Monty

- ergosteur - 2010-06-11

Hey, any luck? I'm trying to get the iPhoto plugin to read from a samba share on my ubuntu box and getting the same error.

iPhoto plugin ported to new addons - jingai - 2010-07-12

NOTE: I didn't write this plugin, I just ported it to the new addons stuff for the nightly builds because I missed having it.

If someone has already done this, just ignore me. Otherwise, I've ported the original iPhoto plugin from circa 2008 to the new Addons system in the XBMC nightlies.

It only works on OS X at the moment. I'll work on Windows and Linux support later, but I'm kind of strapped for time these days and only did what I personally needed today.

It's available here.

To install it, just move the archive to "~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons" and untar it there. Then:

% mkdir "~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.image.iphoto

Fire up XBMC and it should be in your Picture plugins. If your iPhoto Library isn't in the normal spot, you should enter in the correct path to AlbumData.xml in the configuration area of the plugin.

Import your library whenever it changes by selecting "<< Import iPhoto Library >>". The script will claim to fail even when it succeeds. I'll work on that later. But, assuming you've pointed it at the right place, your Albums, Events, and Ratings folders should now be populated.

I'm not sure what the actual dependency is for the plugin to work, but I set it to r31632. I've tested it under r31715. If you're using < r28275 or so then just ignore this post.

Again, I don't claim to have authored the plugin or anything, but I did want to make it available in case someone else wanted it.

Enjoy Smile

-j

- davilla - 2010-07-12

cool, thx.