Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] iTunes and iPhoto integration plugins for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] iTunes and iPhoto integration plugins for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=37313)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

- Boseman - 2009-05-04

turbinez Wrote:ok i got lost on the part where you mount the iphoto library.

I have a powermac g5 that has the iphoto library... it is in my Pictures directory... I went into xbmc, picture, add source and put in smb:\\192.168.1.4\mike\pictures\iphoto library\ and hit OK, and now it shows up in my source list along with dev, mnt, picture plugins. how do i get it to mount and show up under /mnt/scratch/volumes/?

Sorry for the long delay in response.

I use Bonjour afp mount in NitoTV in the above example. I have not been successful in using the XBMC SMB mounting technique to make the iPhoto plugin work. I have edited out the SMB reference in the above post.

- yobder - 2009-05-30

Hi how do I get this pugin to work if my Itunes library is on an external HD?

- steve1977 - 2009-06-06

Boseman Wrote:Sorry for the long delay in response.

I use Bonjour afp mount in NitoTV in the above example. I have not been successful in using the XBMC SMB mounting technique to make the iPhoto plugin work. I have edited out the SMB reference in the above post.

Would also love to get this working as you apparently managed above. How do you use Bonjour afp mount? Would really love to get this going!!!

Did you also get itunes plugin on ATV working in the same way?

- Boseman - 2009-06-06

Assuming you are sharing the drives from an OS X platform to use afp.

NitoTV has some good features, this being one of them. (Although XBMC is my primary choice as a media server) You can set it up for auto mount so your shared volumes are up and running about 10 secs after the ATV boots up.

General wiki for ATV 2.0+
http://wiki.awkwardtv.org/wiki/NitoTV_Take_2

More detailed info on Networking, still applies to NitoTV Take 2
http://wiki.awkwardtv.org/wiki/NitoTV#Network

iTunes does not seem as dependent on the physical drive mount points for the actual media (just where you have it set in Preferences). However I do use afp mounts for the iTunes Music folder on the iMac. I also auto mount the iTunes folder within the the Music folder on the iMac (which contains the iTunes Music Library). Then sym link that from /mnt/Scratch/Volumes to the Music folder on the ATV.

- steve1977 - 2009-06-06

Boseman Wrote:Assuming you are sharing the drives from an OS X platform to use afp.

NitoTV has some good features, this being one of them. (Although XBMC is my primary choice as a media server) You can set it up for auto mount so your shared volumes are up and running about 10 secs after the ATV boots up.

Thanks for the quick reply. Tried to mount according these guides before, but still without success. My MacMini shows up as a potential Bonjour drive, but after entering username and password, I receive "error -1069 = so servers at that address". Any thoughts? While not 100% XBMC related, your help is hugely appreciated!!!

- Boseman - 2009-06-06

Hmmm......So it sees your server. In System Preferences, you have file sharing, with the user name you are trying to use with access privs for each share, and in the "options" setting, afp is checked?

Personally, I use guest access, so no need to enter login/password. However, I started out with the approach you are using.

EDIT: Another thing, I assume you have installed the NitoTV Smart Installer, which is required for afp, and the release you are running is the latest 0.7.4. Also, it chokes on any special characters in the mount name, spaces seem to be OK.

- steve1977 - 2009-06-07

Boseman Wrote:Hmmm......So it sees your server. In System Preferences, you have file sharing, with the user name you are trying to use with access privs for each share, and in the "options" setting, afp is checked?

Personally, I use guest access, so no need to enter login/password. However, I started out with the approach you are using.

EDIT: Another thing, I assume you have installed the NitoTV Smart Installer, which is required for afp, and the release you are running is the latest 0.7.4. Also, it chokes on any special characters in the mount name, spaces seem to be OK.

Finally made it to mount the drive. Thanks again for your help!!!

It is not working yet, but I feel that I am VERY close. I can mount the drive. However, when I press "import" zero items are being imported. My AlbumData.xml is 8 MB and my Thumb64Segment.data is almost 300 MB. Do you thin that this could have anything to do with the plugin not working on the ATV.

Running ATV 2.3 and XBMC 9.4.1. Mounting worked and I can see the mounted drive within XBMC.

Any thought is highly appreciated!!!

- Boseman - 2009-06-07

steve1977 Wrote:Finally made it to mount the drive. Thanks again for your help!!!

It is not working yet, but I feel that I am VERY close. I can mount the drive. However, when I press "import" zero items are being imported. My AlbumData.xml is 8 MB and my Thumb64Segment.data is almost 300 MB. Do you thin that this could have anything to do with the plugin not working on the ATV.

Running ATV 2.3 and XBMC 9.4.1. Mounting worked and I can see the mounted drive within XBMC.

Any thought is highly appreciated!!!

Great, you are close. My experience with import usually dealt with the location of your AlbumData.xml on your ATV. Is your iPhoto Library (dir)pkg sym linked into your /Users/frontrow/Pictures folder from your newly mounted /mnt/Scratch/Volumes drive/folder name?

- steve1977 - 2009-06-07

Boseman Wrote:Great, you are close. My experience with import usually dealt with the location of your AlbumData.xml on your ATV. Is your iPhoto Library (dir)pkg sym linked into your /Users/frontrow/Pictures folder from your newly mounted /mnt/Scratch/Volumes drive/folder name?

Thanks. I indeed feel that I am bascially there although it doesnt work yet... Yes, I used exactly the "code" you described earlier. So, when I open /frontrow/pictures/ I can see all the different iphoto items. This holds true from viewing through the XBMC and/or through the Terminal.

Any other thoughts?

- Boseman - 2009-06-07

steve1977 Wrote:Thanks. I indeed feel that I am bascially there although it doesnt work yet... Yes, I used exactly the "code" you described earlier. So, when I open /frontrow/pictures/ I can see all the different iphoto items. This holds true from viewing through the XBMC and/or through the Terminal.

Any other thoughts?

No clue.

Just tried it again in my config to see if a bug may have been introduced, but all is well. My AlbumData.xml is ~8mb.

I have iPhoto using an iPhoto Library loaded off an external drive named Media.

Here is what shows for iPhoto.

ls /mnt/Scratch/Volumes

Media

ls -al /Users/frontrow/Pictures

lrwxr-xr-x 1 frontrow frontrow 50 May 28 03:33 iPhoto Library -> /mnt/Scratch/Volumes/Media/Pictures/iPhoto Library

I am using the iPhoto plugin v.01, unmodified, installed from SVN Repo Installer.

Hope this may help.

- steve1977 - 2009-06-07

Boseman Wrote:ls -al /Users/frontrow/Pictures

lrwxr-xr-x 1 frontrow frontrow 50 May 28 03:33 iPhoto Library -> /mnt/Scratch/Volumes/Media/Pictures/iPhoto Library

Think, I know what it is. Are you sure that below iscorrect?

ln -s "/mnt/Scratch/Volumes/iPhotoDrive/Pictures/iPhoto Library" /Users/frontrow/Pictures

I could imagine that it needs to read as follows to work:

ln -s "/mnt/Scratch/Volumes/iPhotoDrive/Pictures/iPhoto Library" "/Users/frontrow/Pictures/iPhoto Library"

Before I try it out, any thoughts? Also, do you know how to remove my "old" symlink?

- Boseman - 2009-06-07

steve1977 Wrote:Think, I know what it is. Are you sure that below iscorrect?

ln -s "/mnt/Scratch/Volumes/iPhotoDrive/Pictures/iPhoto Library" /Users/frontrow/Pictures

I could imagine that it needs to read as follows to work:

ln -s "/mnt/Scratch/Volumes/iPhotoDrive/Pictures/iPhoto Library" "/Users/frontrow/Pictures/iPhoto Library"

Before I try it out, any thoughts? Also, do you know how to remove my "old" symlink?

rm /Users/frontrow/Pictures/iPhoto\ Library

It will only delete the link.

It will not hurt for you to try your link method, but ln -s should create the linked source into the target directory.

What do you get when you ls the above paths?

- steve1977 - 2009-06-14

Perfect, got it working now with the symlink. This is a really elegant way. I can "scan" the photos now. Still not 100% there though...

After scanning my 1,000 photos, the file names and albums are being displayed. However, the photos dont display, but remain "black". Any thoughts?

- Boseman - 2009-06-14

steve1977 Wrote:Perfect, got it working now with the symlink. This is a really elegant way. I can "scan" the photos now. Still not 100% there though...

After scanning my 1,000 photos, the file names and albums are being displayed. However, the photos dont display, but remain "black". Any thoughts?

That is what happened to me when I did not have the complete path available to the plugin. When you ls /mnt/SCRATCH/Volumes on your AppleTV, you should see the root drive name mounted. In my example it was iPhotoDrive.
If you ls /Volumes on your OS X machine that hosts your actual iPhoto application, you should see that same drive name mounted, iPhotoDrive.

This is a little different than how iTunes resolves the location of the actual media. The AlbumData.xml seems to have the complete path, from the root forward to point to the actual data.

Absolutely almost there. Nod

- steve1977 - 2009-06-14

Boseman Wrote:That is what happened to me when I did not have the complete path available to the plugin. When you ls /mnt/SCRATCH/Volumes on your AppleTV, you should see the root drive name mounted. In my example it was iPhotoDrive.
If you ls /Volumes on your OS X machine that hosts your actual iPhoto application, you should see that same drive name mounted, iPhotoDrive.

This is a little different than how iTunes resolves the location of the actual media. The AlbumData.xml seems to have the complete path, from the root forward to point to the actual data.

Absolutely almost there. Nod

Thanks a lot. Great to hear that I am almost there. Not sure whether I can follow all of above. What would you suggest me to do differently? Shall I mount it again or is the problem with the symlink? Or both or something else? It already scanned the photos, so apparently I did something better than before ;-)