[APPLE TV] XBMC for Mac (Atlantis Beta 1) on the Apple TV - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: XBMC General Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Mac OS X support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Thread: [APPLE TV] XBMC for Mac (Atlantis Beta 1) on the Apple TV (/showthread.php?tid=37345)
- Gamester17 - 2008-10-01 19:15
It is possible to uninstall U3, see => http://www.u3.com/uninstall/default.aspx
- xeonicxpression - 2008-10-01 22:55
So I downloaded the app and it doesn't appear to run on these macs. It says not supported on this architecture. In "about this mac" it says 1.8ghz PowerPC G5. I assume the PowerPc part is the problem? It's OSX 10.5.5.
- d4rk - 2008-10-01 22:58
XBMC currently works only on Intel Macs.
- xeonicxpression - 2008-10-01 23:02
But this will be run on an apple tv. I don't know how the atvusb works but can't you make the patchstick on a non-intel based mac? I'm assuming no, lol.
- pantherman007 - 2008-10-01 23:51
davilla Wrote:http://atvusb-creator.googlecode.com is released for OSX platform, the other two platforms should pop out in a week.
You guys are awesome! Time to order a ATV or two...
- davilla - 2008-10-01 23:54
xeonicxpression Wrote:So I downloaded the app and it doesn't appear to run on these macs. It says not supported on this architecture. In "about this mac" it says 1.8ghz PowerPC G5. I assume the PowerPc part is the problem? It's OSX 10.5.5.
ATVUSB-Creator currently requires an Intel based OSX system. This might change in a future release as I actually stripped the PPC code from the download to make it smaller. The only real issue is some intel only software tools that are used during the construction of the flash drive image.
Quite frankly, I never even thought about running ATVUSB-Creator under PPC OSX even though I have OSX PPC boxes around for testing.
If you want to be a OSX PPC tester, PM me and I'll see what I can do in a few days.
- Gamester17 - 2008-10-02 00:08
+1 for ATVUSB-Creator on PowerPC (PPC)
...I can imagine quite a few Mac users who own a Apple TV (or buying one now) that only have a PowerPC (PPC) Mac as their only computer at home.
- xeonicxpression - 2008-10-02 00:48
I would help you beta test it, but I'm not sure how much use I would be. I only go to campus twice a week and it's a 15 minute drive each way. I wouldn't really be able to try and format the stick, then pop it in the appletv and try again etc. It would be days between trials. I'm sure there are a lot of people with PPC's at home that would love to help. There is a room of imacs close to where the G5's were. Some goofy looking guy had a whole classroom full of students in there so I couldn't go in and check them. His class ends in 10 mins, so I'm going to head up there in a little bit and check them out. I have to go back to campus for a play tonight anyway. It's funny, my school has somewhere in the neighborhood of 800 dell computers. They replace all of the dells every year, but yet we still have a bunch of PPC macs. If the imacs are Intel then I'll make the stick before the play and try it out tomorrow and report back my experience. How long should it take to make the stick?
- Zedlic - 2008-10-02 01:29
I just managed to install the lot on my AppleTV, made it a thousand times more useful. Thanks Davilla, and everyone that's working on this.
I have a few questions:
1. For some reason, XBMC seems to think my TV has a resolution of 1280x1080 when in full screen, even if it's set to 720p in the AppleTV main menu. Doesn't seem to be a problem really but I'd like to know why it does this.
2. Is there any backdoor way I can go to enable the context menu with the Apple Remote? Like some setting where if I hold down menu or play/pause then the context menu comes up.
3. There is a setting for scanning the library on startup, however I try not to shut XBMC down at all unless it crashes. With no context menu it's kinda hard to rescan the library when new stuff get's downloaded. Is there any way to trigger a rescan every X hours or so?
- turbinez - 2008-10-02 02:07
+2 for ATVUSB-Creator on PowerPC (PPC)
very interested in this also!