[APPLE TV] XBMC for Mac (Atlantis Beta 1) on the Apple TV - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: XBMC General Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Mac OS X support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Thread: [APPLE TV] XBMC for Mac (Atlantis Beta 1) on the Apple TV (/showthread.php?tid=37345)
- aaron76 - 2008-09-26 18:21
davilla Wrote:did you use sudo with the installer or not?
Yes I did. I used the following steps to get to where I'm at:
1st: Copied XBMC_for_Mac-Atlantis-Beta_1.dmg using WinSCP to /mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow
2nd: Enabled ReadWrite using sudo mount -uw /
3rd: Mounted dmg using sudo hdiutil mount XBMC_for_Mac-beta1.dmg
4th: Installed XBMC using sudo installer -pkg /Volumes/XBMC/XBMC\ Media\ Center.mpkg -target /
That's when I get the error. I'm not opposed to upgrading to 2.1 if it will help install XBMC. I'm very curious about your USB installer, and would consider holding off until that is released.
- davilla - 2008-09-26 18:31
aaron76 Wrote:Yes I did. I used the following steps to get to where I'm at:
you can try making a symlink from
- type1 - 2008-09-26 21:01
Hi, do XBMC and ATVFlash play well together.
- davilla - 2008-09-26 21:54
type1 Wrote:Hi, do XBMC and ATVFlash play well together.
ATVFlash is an AppleTV patchstick
XBMC for Mac is an application that runs on the AppleTV.
Two very different things so I don't understand your question.
- steve1977 - 2008-09-28 11:41
Thanks again!!! Using XBMC on my ATV is getting closer and closer. Two things I havent figured out yet:
1) Remote Control: I am using the standard ATV Remote, which works with the rest of ATV. I have succesfullly installed XBMC on ATV and can launch it through Nito. I have replaced the "xbmc helper" through copying it from my Windows PC (download link provided here in this board) via FTP to the respective folder on my ATV (ftp://192.168.1.100/applications.xbmc.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/). Any thoughts what I am doing wrong?
2) Can I also start XBMC directly from the main view instead of going through the subfolders of Nito?
3) Non-XBMC-related: can I hide all these folders such as Media (Sapphire)?
Many thanks for your kind help and best regards!!!
- yzeyze - 2008-09-28 11:50
Did you do the chmod +x on the xbmchelper file?
Didn't work for me until I did.
- steve1977 - 2008-09-28 12:09
yzeyze Wrote:Did you do the chmod +x on the xbmchelper file?
That did the trick. Thanks!!! Any thoughts on 2 and 3?
- yzeyze - 2008-09-28 12:19
steve1977 Wrote:That did the trick. Thanks!!! Any thoughts on 2 and 3?
Just new to this myself, so....
Apparently there is a launcher coming soon that will put the XBMC option on the main menu.
Hiding the extras is also something I will be trying to do once XBMC is on the list.
SMB support just worked here, but I have been using XBMC on xbox for a couple of years, so maybe I just did it without thinking.
You might also want to look at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35975&page=5 as I fiddled with the remote mapping for this to make it easier for me to use. (better things to come in the remote department from the developers in the next beta apparently).
Things are certainly looking good so far though with ATV and XBMC.
- steve1977 - 2008-09-28 12:43
yzeyze Wrote:Just new to this myself, so....
It appears we are sitting in the "same boat" with same objectives. Got smb working and everything looks good. Just having major speed problems with movies taking 5 min or so before starting streaming over the network. But I guess that this is nothing XBMC/ATV can be blamed for, but just the nature of WLAN. One mini connected over WLAN and one ATV connected over WLAN as well. Just takes a long time to stream the data.
Anyhow, lets keep each other updated regarding adding XBMC to the main menu and hiding other items.
- Rekoil - 2008-09-28 13:52
Removing the other items from the menu is easy. You might wanna leave Settings.frappliance though .