Kodi Community Forum
Do you think that Team-XBMC should keep developing XBMC for the Xbox? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Do you think that Team-XBMC should keep developing XBMC for the Xbox? (/showthread.php?tid=37563)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

- Geeba - 2009-07-15

bidossessi Wrote:the hardware mentionned is still pretty new, and those issues WILL be ironed out. Instant-on is a big thing nowadays and lots of efforts are being deployed to get there on all major platforms.

On the other hand, what makes an HTPC really potentially interesting are all the other elements that could be added: xbmc games libary with support for native and emulated games on ALL platforms is but one example.

EDIT: initial setup is the longer process. if you solve all your sound/display issues, there's little chance that it would suddenly stop, unless your mrs downloads broken upgrades (which is highly unlikely)

No doubt - I'm an HTPC fan trust me - I've been plugging (or trying) PC's into TV for years - long before LCD/Plasma VGA/HDMI etc etc came along.. so I could play Doom on a BIG screen when I couldnt afford a monitor bigger than 14" - they were a pain in the a$$ then and to some extent are still today... for example a game I ran a few night ago changed the resolution on my desktop - that was a BIG pain in the a$$ to get get back.... like nicoli_k says its a hardware standard with Xbox... a bit like (I hate to say) Apple... (I run a Hack) Big Grin

- The-Boxhead - 2009-07-15

yeah the unified arhitecture on the xbox causes the xbmc
app to act very stable indeed, thats offcourse a big selling point.

However by the speed new skins and functions get into xbmc there is only a limited time before it's no longer possible to support the old trusty xbox, you cant expect that offering users are gonna make xbmc xbox ports of every new feature,skin etc in the long run.

RAM and GPU/CPU power beeing the limitng factor, escpecially RAM Wink

But i realy admire the long standing service of xbox, i have one my self but it's now collecting dust in my hall of fame Wink

- Geeba - 2009-07-15

"But i realy admire the long standing service of xbox, i have one my self but it's now collecting dust in my hall of fame"

Yep its done really good - if M$ had played the same cards as Sony (who still make the PS2) and done a mini or slim version it would still be selling today as its easily more powerful than the PS2... its only the fact that M$ wanted to push the 360 that developers stopped writing for it - in fact a game from EA was released for Xbox this year.. 2009.

- El Piranna - 2009-07-15

Geeba Wrote:in fact a game from EA was released for Xbox this year.. 2009.

What game? I thought "Tomb Raider Legend" was the last game published for XBox...

And no: the limited resources of the XBox make a big deal because it keeps XBMC low fat. Look at Windows Vista with it's 1GB of RAM for a full dump of shit... No, 64mb are enought for XBMC as it has showed (but the 512 of the 360 are appealing... :p )

- althekiller - 2009-07-15

Ugh... arnova already agreed to continue merging to the xbox tree some 9mo ago. Locking this...