Kodi Community Forum
Do you think that Team-XBMC should keep developing XBMC for the Xbox? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Do you think that Team-XBMC should keep developing XBMC for the Xbox? (/showthread.php?tid=37563)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

- joebrady - 2008-09-23

Do you think it's biased in some way?

- pike - 2008-09-23

couldn't be more biased if it tried to

The Title of this thread is 'Do you think that Team-XBMC should keep developing XBMC for the Xbox? ' This attracts who mainly ?

THE XBOX users

- joebrady - 2008-09-23

Maybe we could re-name it agian just to the Polls title, "what platform do you use?"

- Geeba - 2008-09-23

I completely see you point Pike but I did a thread not so long ago called simply "What platform do you run XBMC on" in the general section of the forum and the biggest percentage of answers was Xbox.... In an Mr Jobsy sort of way... "It Just Works" Cool

But you are the boss men at the end of the day... what you say goes.. and I'm sure everyone is eternally gratefull for the hard work thats gone in on XBMC especailly the Xbox clan who would of left them in cupboards and eventually dumped them long ago so very green too!. Nod

Doesnt mean we'll go down without the friendliest of fights thou! Laugh

- pike - 2008-09-23

at the end of the day, poll is 100% irrelevant

the only thing that matters is what has been said earlier.

- PrimusZa1 - 2008-09-23

Well if this does come to pass (which it sounds like it is) How long do you feel it will be before the last finale release will become unusable on the Xbox due to scraper changes, scripts, ect. ? If nothing else would a feature freeze just on the Xbox development side solve this issue too?

- pike - 2008-09-23

I fear this needs repeating since noone bothered replying last time

pike Wrote:Now that you know there's a _chance_ of development stopping after Atlantis for Xbox version, I take it all you Xbox lovers are working OVERTIME to produce quality bugreports ?

Thanks for helping yourself

- joebrady - 2008-09-23

When I find themNod

- Bob___ - 2008-09-23

The question is how many brand new users get the XBOX party/group and how many the Linux/Windows/Mac-Group in the future? And in my opinion the L/W/M-Group set no limit for the XBMC development e.g. for HD-features.

How long does the Windows-Port of XBMC exists? AFAIK 1.5 years and the number of users which are using XBMC under Windows is still increasing, beaucse of the more and more affordable HTPCs and the wish to play high resolution content on the full-hd displays.

The group of Xbox users stagnate and/or reach the degeneration phase. If we look at the statistic we can see that there is a great base of Xbox users (at the moment 75). Of course the Xbox was released 7 years ago. In only 1.5 years we got (48) a notable number of Linux/Windows/Mac users who wants a powerful media center (like XBMC) on their machines. For me the result is absolutly clear: There is a demand for a better and stronger development in XBMC to use it on HTPCs - and if it's necessary to drop legacy hardware.

When will Xbox SVN Be up to par with Linux SVN - Hack_kid - 2008-09-24

Hi, I'm starting to notice more and more the bug reports for the Xbox side of XBMC are "actually already fixed in linuxport" and honestly its becoming frustrating, considering XBMC started out on the Xbox it seems silly to me that we are getting left in the dust when it comes to bug fixes, there are month old bugs that have been fixed in the linuxport weeks ago. I'm not trying to complain but will it be up to par eventually?

- jmarshall - 2008-09-24

It's up to date whenever I merge. I usually do so (for your benefit, not mine) on a Sunday or Monday.

You are welcome to do it if you feel you can do it faster.

- rwparris2 - 2008-09-24

Hack_kid Wrote:there are month old bugs that have been fixed in the linuxport weeks ago.?

Examples?

- Hack_kid - 2008-09-24

Ok jmarshal that makes me feel a bit better i would do it except i dont nkow how to go about fixing the conflicts i'm assuming this a coding thing am i way off base here?

- Hack_kid - 2008-09-24

examples are the imdb scraper bug where it looks up the folder name for avi files that aren't suppose to have the folder name looked at, doesnt download all thumbnails those are two of them check the tracker you see the tickets and that they where resoloved in the linux branch, i'm not complaining just was confused

- NineT9mustang - 2008-09-26

Doubt my opinion matters... but I think of it like this:

Id rather take the path that leads to a better XBMC in the future, faster. Especially if that future is XBMC on the PS3/360.

If Xbox development were to stop now, in 1 year how far would we be on the XBMC-Windows/Linux/Mac? (As far as features/development/etc)
Would we be a lot farther then compared to if we conitnued Xbox development?

Currently, I prefer XBMC-Xbox. Everything the last t3ch has is all ill ever need for my Xbox-XBMC. (FanArt, Movie Trailers, Trainers, Emulators, etc). So if it stopped, id be fine.

I will eventually switch to XBMC-Windows (Within a year), and when that time comes, itd be nice to know there has been a lot of time dedicated to XBMC (Without the Xbox in mind)

I know, im kind of confusing, hopefully you understand what im saying Smile