Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=38333)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - miljbee - 2013-02-16

Yeah, I know how to do it. I just didn't want to still your app !

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - coolasice - 2013-02-19

(2013-02-13, 23:29)TruGMR Wrote: Forgive me if I missed this, but has anybody solved how to avoid re-pairing the remote every time you change the batteries? Rechargeables seem to solve the drain issue for me...but re-pairing this joint through windows every time I change the batteries sux! Anybody got suggestions how to permanently pair the remote in windows? I'm using frodo with vista on the HTPC and frodo with windows 8 on my laptop!!! You guys have been great in this forum btw!!!

Huh
which remote are you using? I have the newer one with the integrated IR functions and mine does the same thing... always have to repair when batteries are removed.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - rbroders - 2013-02-20

Is it possible to use a PS3 remote by modifying the xbmc keyboard map pings instead of using PS3BluMote or EventGhost? The map seems to support joysticks and gamepads and other HIDs.

Thanks --Bob

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - ethereal - 2013-02-23

hello - thank you for reading my post and i hope you can help.

i currently have a htpc and i use xbmc, wmc and a ps3 remote. everything is tied together with eventghost. i find eventghost complicated as it is so versatile. i have it setup so when i press my blue remote button it closes wmc opens xbmc and enables the xbmc keys for my remote. when i press the green button eventghost closes xbmc opens wmc and enables the wmc keys for my remote.

i have had problems where my remote stops working and a reboot of my htpc is required, this along with me buying the new ps3 remote with the volume button has prompted me to seek a better way of doing things.

i downloaded PS3BluMote_v2.03 and it is supremely easy to use - i had it working on a test computers in a matter of a couple of minutes.

what PS3BluMote_v2.03 does not seem to do is to allow me to switch between programs (xbmc and wmc) - i could see it working if there were separate settings files for each program. is there a way to use a shortcut to launch PS3BluMote_v2.03 and specify which settings.ini to use?

can PS3BluMote_v2.03 be used for 2 different programs with different key mappings now? in the future?

thanks

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - miljbee - 2013-02-25

hello etherea, Eventghost is the best program to achieve what you describe. So if I were you, I would try to fix the problem that makes your remote not working until the next reboot. If you think it's related to Eventghost, go to the PS3 Remote thread at the eventghost forum and post details about your problem (http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=640).
If you have some general difficulties using eventghost, feel free to ask your questions in the General Support Forum, I am pretty sure someone will help you.

EventGhost might seem a bit complicated, but once you have understood its basics, it's really the best software to automate an HTPC.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - TruGMR - 2013-02-26

(2013-02-19, 22:34)coolasice Wrote:
(2013-02-13, 23:29)TruGMR Wrote: Forgive me if I missed this, but has anybody solved how to avoid re-pairing the remote every time you change the batteries? Rechargeables seem to solve the drain issue for me...but re-pairing this joint through windows every time I change the batteries sux! Anybody got suggestions how to permanently pair the remote in windows? I'm using frodo with vista on the HTPC and frodo with windows 8 on my laptop!!! You guys have been great in this forum btw!!!

Huh
which remote are you using? I have the newer one with the integrated IR functions and mine does the same thing... always have to repair when batteries are removed.

I'm using the brand new remote with the IR functions... I have the old chunky as well...I repair on both my vista and win 8 machines after the battery change (2 different ps3 remotes, both new IR) so it just can't be software install problems... I think maybe a setting somewhere? I personally believe it is the best xbmc remote solution, but the repair after the battery change is annoying... my wife refuses to learn how to pair this thing and bugs me on how useless it is...lols...would love to solve this issue...sorry you're experiencing the same problem, but I'm glad it ain't just me...

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - miljbee - 2013-02-26

I have no idea about why you need to repair and how to solve it. Mine is the "old chunky". But I still may be able to solve your problem. I Just found a new way to hibernate the remote.
A few days ago, I proposed BTDisco2. It works, but the key that is pressed to wake up the remote is lost which is not really WAF compliant.

The new solution will address this issue.

If I am not too lazy, I will probably publish a new PS3BluMote which integrate it. If it works, it will hibernate your remote after a few minutes of inactivity.

This should make your batteries lasts several months, which should please your wife.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - TruGMR - 2013-02-26

(2013-02-26, 16:30)miljbee Wrote: I have no idea about why you need to repair and how to solve it. Mine is the "old chunky". But I still may be able to solve your problem. I Just found a new way to hibernate the remote.
A few days ago, I proposed BTDisco2. It works, but the key that is pressed to wake up the remote is lost which is not really WAF compliant.

The new solution will address this issue.

If I am not too lazy, I will probably publish a new PS3BluMote which integrate it. If it works, it will hibernate your remote after a few minutes of inactivity.

This should make your batteries lasts several months, which should please your wife.

Lols...thanks for the reply...

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - tweaker - 2013-02-27

@miljbee

Thanks for the tip on BTDisco2.

I tied that little program to System.Idle in EventGhost and it works like a dream. Reconnecting is fast too.

No more having to manually put my remote to sleep. Smile

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - miljbee - 2013-02-27

Download BDRemoteSleep

This one should be better than BTDisco2.

The purpose is the same : hibernating the remote.

The advantage is that programs that are tied to the remote should receive the key that has been pressed to wake the remote.
This should make the use of this program transparent for the end user.

The only drawback is that the program takes something like 5-10s to run, and while it runs the remote won't work. So you won't want to run it after 10s of inactivity. You'd better choose something like 2-3 minutes.

If you want the code, just mail me, or visit the evenghost forum (PS3 Remote Thread).

Let me know if it works for you !

To use it :
Create a folder BDRemoteSleep (let's say c:\BDRemoteSleep)
Extract ALL the content of the archive in this folder
Since it is a console application Open a command prompt !
navigate to the folder (C: then cd \BDRemoteSleep)
Type BDRemoteSleep help
Or if you're in a hurry, just Type BDRemoteSleep

It has been tested on Win7 x64 and should be working on any Windows Vista/7/8 x86/x64. I don't think it can work on XP.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - miljbee - 2013-02-27

Download BDRemoteSleep

Just updated to fix some minor problems.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - coolasice - 2013-02-27

(2013-02-27, 13:39)miljbee Wrote: Download BDRemoteSleep

soo... what's the difference between this and the ps3remotesleep.exe program?
http://ps3remotesleep.codeplex.com/

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - coolasice - 2013-02-27

(2013-02-26, 15:01)TruGMR Wrote:
(2013-02-19, 22:34)coolasice Wrote:

Huh

I'm using the brand new remote with the IR functions... I have the old chunky as well...I repair on both my vista and win 8 machines after the battery change (2 different ps3 remotes, both new IR) so it just can't be software install problems... I think maybe a setting somewhere? I personally believe it is the best xbmc remote solution, but the repair after the battery change is annoying... my wife refuses to learn how to pair this thing and bugs me on how useless it is...lols...would love to solve this issue...sorry you're experiencing the same problem, but I'm glad it ain't just me...

I think it has to do with the newer ir remotes.. something causing them to loose pairing when batteries are removed.

(2013-02-27, 17:14)coolasice Wrote:

After reading the codeplex page, I just realize the it does the same thing Rofl
except, it won't need Admin Privileges and it won't disable device Plug in/out sounds.

A few weeks ago when I started to search for a solution to hibernate the remote, I came accross some utilities that uses devCon to achieve the same thing, and read here and there that it wasn't really working. I think I mixed up that information with PS3RemoteSleep.

Nevermind, the good news, is that it works, and that I am currently integrating it to PS3BluMote.

(2013-02-27, 17:43)miljbee Wrote:
(2013-02-27, 17:14)coolasice Wrote:

After reading the codeplex page, I just realize the it does the same thing Rofl
except, it won't need Admin Privileges and it won't disable device Plug in/out sounds.

A few weeks ago when I started to search for a solution to hibernate the remote, I came accross some utilities that uses devCon to achieve the same thing, and read here and there that it wasn't really working. I think I mixed up that information with PS3RemoteSleep.

Nevermind, the good news, is that it works, and that I am currently integrating it to PS3BluMote.

so using yours it will make sounds every time the remote is disconnected and reconnedted?