Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=38333)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - kreeturez - 2013-06-27

(2013-06-27, 14:11)sIRwa2 Wrote: Good stuff guy's

Tnx miljbee for continuing this i myself moved on from windows to a linux server/xbmc but still feel that the Sony BD remote is one of the better remote out there. The sleep function really was the last grail to concur!

I'll update the first post.

Looks good!

If anyone's interested in a pre-configured settings file (I've mimicked most of OpenELEC's mapping, which has passed the Wife-Acceptance-Test in my household!), I've uploaded mine.
It's available here.

After exiting PS3BlueMote, simply replace your existing PS3BluMote 'settings.ini' file (make a backup of your existing one, just in case ;-), which (under Win 7) is at:
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\PS3BluMote

This will work immediately - the only thing that you'll need to set up is your BTAddress, as detailed in miljbee's post above, for Hibernation to work.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - dazz87 - 2013-07-01

Hello

I am trying to create a shortcut for numpad "5" to my ps3 remote and its not working. Under ps3blumote I select "NUMPAD_5" and map it to "select" button on the remote and its not working.

Reason why I am trying to get this is I have netflix on xbmc and the remote does not work while using the Netflix addon. Pressing 5 on the numpad actually is (left) click on the mouse which then lets me use my ps3 to control netflix (pause, rewind, fast forward etc,etc,etc) Anyone using the ps3 remote and got it to control netflix?.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - nfnx - 2013-07-03

Thank you so much for the program.. had it working pretty great.

1. Took a stab at the hibernation, but my devices seems to be locked out once it does hibernate. No matter what I press, I have no luck with it going back into connected state, any ideas?

2. Also, are the remotes designed to disconnect after wakeup from sleep? When I wake my computer back up, the status bar still shows connected, but the remote keys stop working. I have to disconnect and repair on wake up everytime... is this a known issue?

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - NoS9 - 2013-07-08

Hi Guys,

Thanks for this neat program. Working great on Windows 8 (Bootcamp mode on a 2012 Mac mini).

I have one problem. I can't wake the mini from sleep mode using the PS3 remote. I have wireless Logitech mouse and keyboard connected and I can wake the Mac from sleep using keyboard.

Is there any trick for the PS3 remote to enable it to wake the mini from sleep?

Cheers.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - aperfectme - 2013-07-08

(2013-07-08, 04:24)NoS9 Wrote: Hi Guys,

Thanks for this neat program. Working great on Windows 8 (Bootcamp mode on a 2012 Mac mini).

I have one problem. I can't wake the mini from sleep mode using the PS3 remote. I have wireless Logitech mouse and keyboard connected and I can wake the Mac from sleep using keyboard.

Is there any trick for the PS3 remote to enable it to wake the mini from sleep?

Cheers.

I think on win thats not posible, on Mac that feature works great with remote buddy.
on W8 you can always send a magic packet to wake up the pc, I use CsWol on my iPhone and works
flawlessly. Just out of curiosity why don't you use mac os as OS for your media center, in my experience
is one of the best platforms for that, I would love to do that too but currently I'm using my macbook for work.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - NoS9 - 2013-07-09

Hi Aperfectme,

Thanks for the reply. The reason why I am using Windows 8 is because Mac OSX does not support HD audio. My media library is building up with movies with DTS HD MA + Dolby Digital TrueHD... + I've also invested in a bit of gear with my Home Theater sound system. Hence the need for HD audio.

Do you know if the IR remote from Apple is capable of waking the Mini in Windows 8? I use the Apple remote to wake the mini when I use Mac OSX.

Cheers.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - aperfectme - 2013-07-10

(2013-07-09, 02:13)NoS9 Wrote: Hi Aperfectme,

Thanks for the reply. The reason why I am using Windows 8 is because Mac OSX does not support HD audio. My media library is building up with movies with DTS HD MA + Dolby Digital TrueHD... + I've also invested in a bit of gear with my Home Theater sound system. Hence the need for HD audio.

Do you know if the IR remote from Apple is capable of waking the Mini in Windows 8? I use the Apple remote to wake the mini when I use Mac OSX.

Cheers.

Ok I understand, concerning using the remote to wake up your pc
I believe is posible but you would need a receiver that can detect and work
with the apple remote, Flirc can do that.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - Viajero - 2013-07-13

Hi, I have been searching in this thread but I havent found an answer yet. I have just installed the ps3blumote app but every time it opens up i get this "PS3 Blumote: Settings load error! An error occurred whilst attempting to load settings. A fresh settings files has been created" and my settinsg are erased and have to edit them from scratch every time I start up the app.

I found a post suggesting I need to uncheck the "sms" setting checkbox but it was already unchecked so not sure what I am doing wrong. Any ideas?

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - Viajero - 2013-07-13

(2013-07-13, 13:18)Viajero Wrote: Hi, I have been searching in this thread but I havent found an answer yet. I have just installed the ps3blumote app but every time it opens up i get this "PS3 Blumote: Settings load error! An error occurred whilst attempting to load settings. A fresh settings files has been created" and my settinsg are erased and have to edit them from scratch every time I start up the app.

I found a post suggesting I need to uncheck the "sms" setting checkbox but it was already unchecked so not sure what I am doing wrong. Any ideas?

Ah, I solved this problem by unistalling the 2.03 version (claimed as the last version in the download page) and installing the 2.04 posted a few pages back. The settings now stick.

But now I have this pop up error message every time I run PS3Blumote that says "An error ocurred whilst attemtpting to load the remote".

I just close the pop up and go ahead with no other issues but it is very annoying as I have to close it manually everytime before I can access the remote commands. I have tried with and without the remote active, etc and nothing seems to get rid of this new error. Any ideas?

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - navigates - 2013-07-14

I have an observation. If you boot directly to shell of xbmc, the ps3blumote application works just fine but It does not go into hibernate mode. I know as the new battery went out in 3 days when it should last a few months. Hope this helps someone.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - Viajero - 2013-07-15

(2013-07-13, 22:22)Viajero Wrote:
(2013-07-13, 13:18)Viajero Wrote: Hi, I have been searching in this thread but I havent found an answer yet. I have just installed the ps3blumote app but every time it opens up i get this "PS3 Blumote: Settings load error! An error occurred whilst attempting to load settings. A fresh settings files has been created" and my settinsg are erased and have to edit them from scratch every time I start up the app.

Ah, I solved this problem by unistalling the 2.03 version (claimed as the last version in the download page) and installing the 2.04 posted a few pages back. The settings now stick.

But now I have this pop up error message every time I run PS3Blumote that says "An error ocurred whilst attemtpting to load the remote".

I just close the pop up and go ahead with no other issues but it is very annoying as I have to close it manually everytime before I can access the remote commands. I have tried with and without the remote active, etc and nothing seems to get rid of this new error. Any ideas?

And I again, after a couple trial and errors I can answer my own issue. Apparently there is a.dll file that comes with the ps3blumote executable in 2.04. I didnt originally extracted from the .zip that .dll file alongside the executable. Once I extracted and pasted it in the same folder this last error has disappeared.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - nfnx - 2013-07-21

anyone have any ideas why i can't take the remote off hibernation once it goes in?

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - theredguy - 2013-07-21

This app is awesome. Is there a way for me to export my mapping so I can pull it back on another computer? Or this one if I re-install it? It took me a while to get it just the way I like it.

[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - kreeturez - 2013-07-21

(2013-07-21, 05:44)theredguy Wrote: This app is awesome. Is there a way for me to export my mapping so I can pull it back on another computer? Or this one if I re-install it? It took me a while to get it just the way I like it.

They're in settings.ini

Find it under
C:\Users\[YourUsername]\AppData\Local\PS3BluMote

[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - kreeturez - 2013-07-21

(2013-07-21, 05:16)nfnx Wrote: anyone have any ideas why i can't take the remote off hibernation once it goes in?

Check batteries first - though I actually had an issue whereby after restarting my HTPC (whilst remote was hibernated), it would 'forget' pairing and not connect - on this machine, I swapped over to using PS3RemoteSleep for hibernating... (In fact on this machine, PS3Blumote would actually crash (moving over the icon in the tray caused the icon to disappear!), so on that box I swapped over to EventGhost!)