Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=38333)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - theredguy - 2013-08-12

Maybe this is old news, but I just saw it today - the PS3 remote can also be used to turn the tv on/off, and control the tv volume. This takes me from a 2-remote solution to 1, which is great and also gives my wife less grief.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2625/~/programming-the-media-%2F-blu-ray-disc-remote-control

[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - kreeturez - 2013-08-12

(2013-08-12, 04:04)theredguy Wrote: Maybe this is old news, but I just saw it today - the PS3 remote can also be used to turn the tv on/off, and control the tv volume. This takes me from a 2-remote solution to 1, which is great and also gives my wife less grief.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2625/~/programming-the-media-%2F-blu-ray-disc-remote-control

Yeah these are good remotes. The issue I have with this IR+Bluetooth one is that it 'forgets' paring every time I change batteries, though... You have the same issue?

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - theredguy - 2013-08-12

Too new for me to know yet. My biggest concern is frequency of replacing batteries. If I need to swap them out every month, that money could have been better spent on a remote that doesn't burn through them so fast.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - navigates - 2013-08-20

I've started to see a pattern with my Remote that it forgets the paring sometimes. I've been looking for an alternate solution but can't seem to find one. It would be perfect if I could use the unifying dongle on my NUC in the front and a compatible remote. Wonder if the Harmony can send out keyboard signals through the unifying dongle.

[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - kreeturez - 2013-08-20

(2013-08-20, 02:28)navigates Wrote: I've started to see a pattern with my Remote that it forgets the paring sometimes. I've been looking for an alternate solution but can't seem to find one. It would be perfect if I could use the unifying dongle on my NUC in the front and a compatible remote. Wonder if the Harmony can send out keyboard signals through the unifying dongle.

Had a similar issue: Which of the two types of PS3 remote? The 'older' non-IR version shouldn't forget pairing: though I had issues with this occurring when hibernation was in place under Windows... (I've since disabled hibernate and it hasn't happened since...)

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - miljbee - 2013-08-20

I have the old one (BT Only - no IR) and it doesn't forget pairing.

But I have noticed that it won't reconnect when batteries are low or when using old/poor rechargeable batteries. Switching to better batteries solve the problem.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - navigates - 2013-08-20

I have the newer remote. I don't have problem with paring it once the battery is gone but when watching a movie it looses paring and I have to reboot the PC to make it work again is very annoying. I've purchased the IR dongle and the SONY RM-MCE40E remote. I've toyed around with FLIRC IR and that puts in ghost responses. Till date, I haven't seen one decent remote solution. The PS3 remote works the best if it would continue working stable. If I disable hibernation then the remote works very well but then I have to change the batteries every week.

Do you recommend me to try the old PS3 Remote? Confused to buy yet another remote. I have tried WD Play remote and that works well but the ghost responses using FLIRC IR is annoying. When watching a movie it will suddenly skip 30 seconds or pause or restart the movie. At one time it rebooted the PC. To top it off I went through all the hops to get the remote shipped out to me separately to use with FLIRC.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - risk0 - 2013-08-25

Hello everybody.
I've arrived here looking for some news just to found out a new version not published on Ben Barron's web.
I've been testing the new 2.04 version for about an hour and it's killing the insertion/removal sounds permanently.
I've tested with PS3RemoteSleep and the log window shows "Disable hardware sounds", then switches HID service off/on and then shows "Restoring hardware sounds".
With PS3BluMote however, the log is the following:

Code:
[25/08/2013 19:39:47] :  Attempting to hibernate remote.
[25/08/2013 19:39:47] :  Saving device connect/disconnect sounds.
[25/08/2013 19:39:47] :  Disabling device connect/disconnect sounds.
[25/08/2013 19:39:47] :  Disconnecting HID Service from the Remote....
[25/08/2013 19:39:47] :  Read remote data: 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0.
[25/08/2013 19:39:47] :  Remote disconnected.
[25/08/2013 19:39:48] :  Searching for remote.
[25/08/2013 19:39:50] :  Searching for remote.
[25/08/2013 19:39:50] :  HID Service disconnected....
[25/08/2013 19:39:50] :  Reconnecting HID Service from the Remote....
[25/08/2013 19:39:51] :  Searching for remote.
[25/08/2013 19:39:51] :  Remote found.
[25/08/2013 19:39:51] :  Remote connected.
[25/08/2013 19:39:53] :  HID Service reconnected....
[25/08/2013 19:39:53] :  Remote Hibernated.
[25/08/2013 19:39:53] :  Stopping timerHibernation.
[25/08/2013 19:39:53] :  Hibernating Done.

But, as you can see, no clue of restoring the sounds again.

Any help, please?

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - navigates - 2013-08-25

(2013-08-20, 15:26)miljbee Wrote: I have the old one (BT Only - no IR) and it doesn't forget pairing.

But I have noticed that it won't reconnect when batteries are low or when using old/poor rechargeable batteries. Switching to better batteries solve the problem.

I have purchased the old remote and will give it a shot. if that works and does not forget pairing.. I'll stick with that. I like the new remote but when it forgets the paring its annoying to have to reboot the computer for it to work again. I have purchased so many remotes till date. I also tried FLIRC and purchased the WD Live play tv remote. I've now also purchased the IR dongle for the WD Live remote. I just want a clean and neat solution and haven't found one yet with XBMC on my Intel NUC.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - coolasice - 2013-08-26

I have the newer style remote and it forgets pairing when the batteries are taken out. my remote usually lasts a couple weeks on rechargeable batteries. I use the ps3remotesleep program with event ghost. works great as a singe remote system.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - navigates - 2013-08-26

(2013-08-26, 01:33)coolasice Wrote: I have the newer style remote and it forgets pairing when the batteries are taken out. my remote usually lasts a couple weeks on rechargeable batteries. I use the ps3remotesleep program with event ghost. works great as a singe remote system.

Why don't you use the PS3Blumote 2.0.4 version that has the sleep function built in. I have the newer remote as well and it works well but at times, a button keypress starts the flashing paring mode. A Restart on the PC fixes it back to normal. I don't have to repair the remote unless the battery is changed. I have purchased the old ps3 remote on amazon and will give that a try for some time to see if the same problem exists. Honestly I like the new ps3 remote but when it looses the pairing for the windows session, it gets annoying. The bluetooth keyboard never looses the connection. Its just the remote.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - coolasice - 2013-08-26

I don't like the ps3bluemote and have had this setup for almost 2 years trouble free. once in a while pairing gets semi-lost and the flashing occurs but usually resolves itself after 15-20 seconds.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - CaptainTivo - 2013-08-26

(2013-08-26, 07:48)navigates Wrote:
(2013-08-26, 01:33)coolasice Wrote: I have the newer style remote and it forgets pairing when the batteries are taken out. my remote usually lasts a couple weeks on rechargeable batteries. I use the ps3remotesleep program with event ghost. works great as a singe remote system.

Why don't you use the PS3Blumote 2.0.4 version that has the sleep function built in. I have the newer remote as well and it works well but at times, a button keypress starts the flashing paring mode. A Restart on the PC fixes it back to normal. I don't have to repair the remote unless the battery is changed. I have purchased the old ps3 remote on amazon and will give that a try for some time to see if the same problem exists. Honestly I like the new ps3 remote but when it looses the pairing for the windows session, it gets annoying. The bluetooth keyboard never looses the connection. Its just the remote.

I dont think you have to reboot the PC to fix the "blinking LED" problem. I simply remote the BT device using the BT device manager and the select add device and pair with the remote. Then it works for a random amount of time before it does the "blinking" thing again.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - theredguy - 2013-08-26

(2013-08-26, 17:08)CaptainTivo Wrote: I dont think you have to reboot the PC to fix the "blinking LED" problem. I simply remote the BT device using the BT device manager and the select add device and pair with the remote. Then it works for a random amount of time before it does the "blinking" thing again.

Roughly how long do you go between occurrences of it. I've had it happen 2-3 times over the past month, but I can't nail down what may be causing it. I don't think that my HTPC coming in and out of sleep is helping the situation much. If I knew sleep was related to this issue I'd probably just leave it on 24x7 to resolve it. Also I think maybe a reboot is less painful than bluetooth re-pair - no?

I think once I managed to get out of it without reboot or re-pair, but I'm not sure how.

I'd love to hear anyone's feedback about how they deal with this. Otherwise this is a great one-remote solution for me.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - CaptainTivo - 2013-08-26

(2013-08-26, 17:23)theredguy Wrote:
(2013-08-26, 17:08)CaptainTivo Wrote: I dont think you have to reboot the PC to fix the "blinking LED" problem. I simply remote the BT device using the BT device manager and the select add device and pair with the remote. Then it works for a random amount of time before it does the "blinking" thing again.

Roughly how long do you go between occurrences of it. I've had it happen 2-3 times over the past month, but I can't nail down what may be causing it. I don't think that my HTPC coming in and out of sleep is helping the situation much. If I knew sleep was related to this issue I'd probably just leave it on 24x7 to resolve it. Also I think maybe a reboot is less painful than bluetooth re-pair - no?

I think once I managed to get out of it without reboot or re-pair, but I'm not sure how.

I'd love to hear anyone's feedback about how they deal with this. Otherwise this is a great one-remote solution for me.

I cant find a pattern either. I disabled sleep on my HTPC and that had no effect. I thought it was time-related (that is, the length of time between button presses or perhaps how long it had be in "hibernation" but this does not seem to be the case. I have two identical remotes on two different systems (but running the same OS) and they both do the blinking thing. It is a real mystery. Of course, the remotes dont do this when paired with a PS3. They work perfectly all the time. But they do work differently. See my post here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38333&pid=1475298#pid1475298 for details on power consumption.