Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=38333)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - THRobinson - 2013-11-03

I know someone probably asked, but 48 pages is a lot to read through. Big Grin

Basically, I have a Sony Bravia 40" TV, and I have my computer running Win7x64, XBMC and EventGhost for my IR receiver/remote (signature has all the details).

Hate using IR, clunky reciever and a few issues with EventGhost (thread) which ended up being that the light from my TV, reflecting off the couch and such would confuse the IR receiver and cause EventGhost to flip out.

Been looking for a RF/Bluetooth solution that didn't involve an iPhone or small keyboard.

I don't know much about PS3 remotes, I saw a CECH-ZRC1 that looked good, and had IR so can turn my TV on/off.

Basically, I want a remote similar to my HP, nice and simple... can run my media player without the IR receiver, hopefully turn my TV on/off, and isn't too hard to setup because I'm not a computer programmer. Would this app do that? would the CECH-ZRC1 work or would I need a different model? and is this in addition to EventGhost? or would I not need it anymore at all?

I run my PC on my monitor, and the Sony TV is plugged in with HDMI. Very often (80% of the time) I am using the computer while movies are running which is why I use EventGhost because of the window focus issues and such.

Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated... just hoping for a simple setup that isn't going to cause me grief. Big Grin

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - CaptainTivo - 2013-11-03

(2013-11-03, 19:39)THRobinson Wrote: I know someone probably asked, but 48 pages is a lot to read through. Big Grin

Basically, I have a Sony Bravia 40" TV, and I have my computer running Win7x64, XBMC and EventGhost for my IR receiver/remote (signature has all the details).

Hate using IR, clunky reciever and a few issues with EventGhost (thread) which ended up being that the light from my TV, reflecting off the couch and such would confuse the IR receiver and cause EventGhost to flip out.

Been looking for a RF/Bluetooth solution that didn't involve an iPhone or small keyboard.

I don't know much about PS3 remotes, I saw a CECH-ZRC1 that looked good, and had IR so can turn my TV on/off.

Basically, I want a remote similar to my HP, nice and simple... can run my media player without the IR receiver, hopefully turn my TV on/off, and isn't too hard to setup because I'm not a computer programmer. Would this app do that? would the CECH-ZRC1 work or would I need a different model? and is this in addition to EventGhost? or would I not need it anymore at all?

I run my PC on my monitor, and the Sony TV is plugged in with HDMI. Very often (80% of the time) I am using the computer while movies are running which is why I use EventGhost because of the window focus issues and such.

Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated... just hoping for a simple setup that isn't going to cause me grief. Big Grin
I am currently using this remote on two systems (both Windows 7) to control XBMC. I use Eventghost to intercept the PS3 remote events and map them to XBMC or to Total Media Theater for watching movies, etc.

It works beautifully except for two things:
1. If you leave the remote connected to the Bluetooth driver on the machine, the batteries are dead in about 4 days!
2. If you manually force the remote to "sleep" (by pressing and holding the PS3 button for 6 seconds) the batteries will last for months
EXCEPT, occasionally and randomly, when you press a button and the remote comes out of sleep, it will no re-pair with the PC and you have to use the Bluetooth device manager to delete the remote and then re-add it back. Not good for WAF.

If any figures out how to get the remote to automatically sleep and then wake up like it does with the PS3 itself, that would be GREAT.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - THRobinson - 2013-11-04

I was just reading that the PS3 remote ate batteries like crazy... sounds like I'd need rechargeables.

Does the remote sleep when the computer gets turned off? or doesn't matter... you have to use Win7 to turn off the remote, or else it stays on regardless if the computer is on/off?

I like the looks of the remote, and since I have a Sony TV, I'm assuming some of my remote functions will be the same on this remote as well. I'd use my current Sony remote for XBMC but, its a TV remote only... I can't press a button to switch it from TV to say DVD/VHS/AUX/CABLE like a multi-device universal remote does which is a pain, so I have 1 remote to simply turn on/off the TV, and the other remote does everything else.

Too bad that PS3 remote didn't have a recharge doc or usb plug like the game controllers.

So, EventGhost will grab the bluetooth signals? Ideally I want to stick the USB dongle for bluetooth inside the computer case out of the way, maybe directly on the motherboard's usb port... just out of site and out of mine and ditch that IR receiver.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - moose103 - 2013-11-20

Got a logitech harmony smart control. This box works great and supports bluetooth ps3, wii, and wiiu control. Is there any way to hijack this to control windows? Can we trick it to think a windows bluetooth device is a ps3?

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - Airborn - 2013-12-06

Wondering if you guys could help answer some questions about ps3blumote
What is the SMS text input setting for?
Where does ps3blumote store the settings - I can't find any .ini files in the folder?

How do I do these things with ps3blumote:
Right and left mouse clicks?
Hibernate Win 7?
Run Programe ie .exe's?
Fast Forward and rewind, ie skip through a video?

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - Mr_Black - 2013-12-24

Excellent app, glad the hibernate has been added.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - drawtheline - 2014-01-10

I have the most current version PS3BluMote v2.1 and for some reason the hibernation is greyed out. If I hold the playstation button for 6 seconds it will set the remote to hibernate but I would love it if it would just hibernate automatically. I'm using the first generation of PS3 remote. I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - sea3pea0 - 2014-01-12

I had the problem of the remote sleep being greyed out too. I remember I had to manually input the bluetooth address for the remote to get the remote sleep option to become available.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - coolasice - 2014-01-13

i still use the ps3remotesleep.exe program in windows 8.1 along with eventghost... working flawlessly... i have rechargeable batteries and they usually last about a month before needing recharging.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - drawtheline - 2014-01-13

(2014-01-12, 12:52)sea3pea0 Wrote: I had the problem of the remote sleep being greyed out too. I remember I had to manually input the bluetooth address for the remote to get the remote sleep option to become available.

How did you manually program the bluetooth address for the remote? Under advanced in PS3BluMote it has "BT Address" set to "searching" but searching is greyed out as well.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - sea3pea0 - 2014-02-01

(2014-01-13, 20:48)drawtheline Wrote: How did you manually program the bluetooth address for the remote? Under advanced in PS3BluMote it has "BT Address" set to "searching" but searching is greyed out as well.

Edit the settings file that is created in your appdata folder.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - TomislavV - 2014-02-28

Hello,

help needed.

I have a Gigabyte H77N Wifi board whit integrated Bluetooth 4.0.

The problem is range. My case is in the cabinet, and i have to get on about half meter from case for remote to work.

From what i know, bluetooth doesn't need line of sight, so i don't know what's the problem...

Thnx

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - dazz87 - 2014-02-28

(2014-02-28, 20:11)TomislavV Wrote: Hello,

help needed.

I have a Gigabyte H77N Wifi board whit integrated Bluetooth 4.0.

The problem is range. My case is in the cabinet, and i have to get on about half meter from case for remote to work.

From what i know, bluetooth doesn't need line of sight, so i don't know what's the problem...

Thnx

When I got my asus bluetooth Adapter i was having issues with the remote. There were times when i try launching xbmc with the remote and it didnt work. I blame the program. One day I got a "10 usb cord and move the adapter closer to my sitting position (in clear sight) and guess what it works 100% now. I also thought bluethooth didnt need line of sight but i guess it does in my case.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - gridgem - 2014-03-26

Hello, I'm new to here.
I've extended the application, I want to announce that.

The file is here.
Source is here.

[New Features]
- add multiple key mappings assigned by active window title
- add setting key mappings using keyboard except some keys
- add OSD (On-Screen Display)
*farther information is written on PS3BluMote.readme.txt

[Background]
I've wanted multiple key mappings.
When I'd implemented the multiple key assigns function, I found it necessary to easier key settings and that it needs clue to debug to analyze which mapping is selected.

[About version number]
I set it as 2.2.0 because miljbee's version displays as 2.1.0.
Though I know it is known as 2.0.4 and internally set property as so.

Thanks to Ben Barron and miljbee.
I'm glad to accept bug report (including my strange English).

(edited on July 30, 2015: changed binary file URL.)

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - Al_MF - 2014-04-05

Hi all.

I'm using Ps3BluMote (the last version) and everything is going fine, but as soon as my Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control goes to hibernate it can't be re-enabled.

Windows still recognize it and Ps3BluMote says that it is hibernating, but if I press any button on the Remote Control nothing happens.

To be able to use the Remote Control again i have to quit the "BD Remote Control" device and pair it again.

Some info: I'm using Windows 7 64bits

Thanks in advance Smile