Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=38333)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

- cheetah05 - 2008-11-25

xexe Wrote:One other request. Configurable repeat key timings. I do not know where the delay comes in but scrolling in my XBOX is much faster than using the PS3 remote which is just a bit slow for scrolling large lists.

Another big change in the new version is that there is no repeating options. It simply emulates the keyboard now. For example, if you hold the down key on the remote it will emulate holding the down key on the keyboard. When you release your finger from the button, it will release the key.

- xexe - 2008-11-25

Thats sounds excellent look forward to trying it.

- xexe - 2008-11-28

This is probably irrelevant now but the "\" character is missing from the map as well. I post just in case it matters to your development.

- brownstein - 2008-11-28

Can't wait for the next release, thanks for such a useful program!

- cheetah05 - 2008-11-28

xexe Wrote:This is probably irrelevant now but the "\" character is missing from the map as well. I post just in case it matters to your development.

Not at all...for the new release you actually press the button combination on the keyboard instead of choosing from lists/checkboxes.

- gyrene2083 - 2008-11-30

I have been trying for the last few weeks to try to unpair the remote from the PS3, but I have no idea how the heck to do it. I have looked online and haven't found anything useful. Does anyone have any ideas? I have my HTPC and PS3 in the same room. Since I don't use the remote for the PS3 much I wanted to use it for my HTPC but the damn thing is paired to the PS3.

- brownstein - 2008-11-30

Once I successfully paired the remote with my HTPC it did not seem to control my PS3 anymore. On the PS3 under settings and then accessory settings (I think) you have the option to pair the remote, does it not have a way to unpair it there or maybe delete the entry?

Cheetah: any idea when we can expect the next release?

- gyrene2083 - 2008-11-30

I've checked and there isn't a way to unpair it in the accessory settings.

- sIRwa2 - 2008-11-30

you can pair it with the ps3 like normal, but the remote can only be paired with 1 system at all time. so make your choice Smile or buy another one..

- cheetah05 - 2008-11-30

gyrene2083 Wrote:I have been trying for the last few weeks to try to unpair the remote from the PS3, but I have no idea how the heck to do it. I have looked online and haven't found anything useful. Does anyone have any ideas? I have my HTPC and PS3 in the same room. Since I don't use the remote for the PS3 much I wanted to use it for my HTPC but the damn thing is paired to the PS3.

Switch off the PS3 and remove the power cables from the PS3.

Then try and pair with the HTPC. You can only have it paired with one or the other though, not both.

- gyrene2083 - 2008-12-01

Thanks I'll try it after the game.

- brownstein - 2008-12-05

Hey Cheetah, how is version 2 coming along?

- cheetah05 - 2008-12-06

Have had to take more hours on at work so I can pay rent/feed myself coupled with the fact I've been run-down all week means that I haven't had time to work on it recently.

Will try and get it finished over xmas during the predictable family holiday bickering.

start xbmc with Ps3 remote - lout - 2008-12-30

Plz how to start xbmc with ps3 and this appl thnx m

- sIRwa2 - 2009-01-02

you need a third party tools to make a keyboard bind to start the xbmc.exe like nvidia display drivers can. then program a remote key with the correct key combo.